[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: allnatty.jpg (17 KB, 236x244) Image search: [Google]
allnatty.jpg
17 KB, 236x244
Questions that do not deserve their own thread thread

-----------------------------------------------------------

Recently got my testosterone results I got an 8.3 nmol/L

reference range is 6-27

does this mean i have low test? I cant get erections anymore would my doc give me test boosters if he saw this result?
>>
if you want test, go buy some.
>>
>>37666879
>does this mean i have low test?
yes
>I cant get erections anymore would my doc give me test boosters if he saw this result?
depends on the doc. lots of guys on the internet are upset about their docs not putting them on TRT with results like that.
>>
>>37666940
hmm i see

what does this mean for results in terms of like higher numbers

i always here people here say like 300 and below is low test. how does 8.3 relate to that?
>>
>>37666967
you'll find plenty of nmol/L to ng/dL converters online if you look for them
>>
>>37666993
oh wow i got 239

thats terrible my doc better give me what i need
>>
File: 1459744599147.jpg (19 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
1459744599147.jpg
19 KB, 443x332
Having trouble on my cut lately. I'll end up plateauing, even when I cut my calories low and work out, then after a few weeks I magically drop 5-7 lbs. What gives?
>>
>>37667103
maybe this
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
>>
As this is meant to be a health and fitness board, any of you fatherfuckers had an ultrasound of your liver done?
Does the doc say your results will be back with your gp in a week mean its good and can confirm ok or does the quick consultation mean shit be wrong and action needs to be taken now rather than wait couple weeks?
>>
I've been running everyday for 3 months now. I jumped from only being able to manage 5 minutes to being able to run 30 and still being able to breath through my nose at the end. But in last week I've been struggling. After 15 minutes I'm starting to slow down. It feels like a lot of effort to accelerate and my legs feel dead and numb. Is it because I haven't had a rest day or is it just in my head because I'm getting bored?
>>
Brahs
Do you guys calculate your meals/calories ahead of time for the next day or do you track food throughout the day? Which do you find easier?

On my work days I tend to have a set pre-calculated meal plan but on days off I kinda track as I go
>>
>>37667182
I eat the same thing everyday pretty much so a little of both I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 945x945
How fucked am I if I am 24, 6'1" and 270 lbs?

I started working out last week and I actually gained a lb despite lowering my calories by 500 a day

Whats the best way to lose weight without killing myself or making a flesh sacrifice to the ancient ones?
>>
>>37667182
I eat more or less the same every day for breakfast, lunch and before bed. then I would track dinner and fill the remaining calories (if any) with something good.
>>
>>37667214
>Whats the best way to lose weight without killing myself or making a flesh sacrifice to the ancient ones?
try lyle mcdonald's rapid fat loss handbook. you need to actually read the whole thing, buy all the necessary supplements and follow it precisely, but it works great
>>
>>37667204
>I eat the same thing everyday

The same meals every day? don't you get tired of it?
>>
>>37667236
Thanks family
>>
>>37667164
Do you run outside? Heat/ humidity can affect how you feel when running
>>
>>37667245
Yeah. It gets tiring some days but honestly it makes everything easier. Occasionally I'll eat out if I can afford it to mix things up. I never really have to worry about making my calories because I know I'm getting enough with every meal.

I still track though, just in case.
>>
I have anemia and I'm underweight (BMI 17) how do I fix this?
>>
File: ribs.jpg (54 KB, 468x533) Image search: [Google]
ribs.jpg
54 KB, 468x533
>>37666879
my question: how do i hide my ribs?

>inb4 t shirt
>>
>>37667328
wat?
>>
Is there a max amount of proteins you can assume effectively per meal?
>>
>>37667357
you can see my ribs are poking out

how can i hide them?
>>
>>37667328
try lifting
>>
I love sushi but I keep finding contradictory nutritional info for rolls online, does anyone know of a reliable site?
>>
>>37667265

Treadmill. It is pretty hot though.
>>
>>37667378
i am but i guess it will take a while?
>>
>>37667362
No upper limit found as of yet.
>>
What caloric surplus should I have if I want to gain no more than 2 kg per month?
>>
>>37667445
4,540. No more, no less.
>>
>>37667214
The actual numbers on the scale do not mean much as weight naturally fluctuates due to a variety of factors.

A week is not enough, look at progress month by month. Stay consistent with the caloric deficit and do cardio.
>>
>>37667520
Looks a bit too much to me. Just a bit.
>>
Around how much calories are burnt if you walk/fast walk for 20 mins? and 30?

Not looking for a precise number, just to get an idea
>>
can you increase your strength/muscles with static exercises? (training to perform planche)
>>
>>37667586
rule of thumb:
~100 per mile on flat ground regardless of speed
>>
>>37667644
yes, but a lot of it will just be in the static positions. strength is part skill.
>>
>>37666879

HOL UP HOL UP

Before you pin

Up your fat intake (1-1.5 gr per kg), lower your carbs (keep them complex)
Lots of green veg. especially broccoli.
Eggs, walnnuts, almonds,coconut oil for the fats.
AVOID SIMPLE SUGAR (Sucrose)

Magnesium citrate 200 mg
Vitamin D-3 6000-10000 IU
Fish oil 3-10 mg
Zinc 30-50 mg

Sleep 9 hours a day, lift 3-4 days per week (don't overtrain), you can fast, you can keto, you can eat pussy just get them fats in.
>>
File: 0.png (112 KB, 877x2078) Image search: [Google]
0.png
112 KB, 877x2078
>>37667750

AND READ THIS
>>
>>37666879
m80, i just started test a month ago after having ED since I was 17 or so

for reference, I'm 23 now, total test is 313 ng/dL, not sure about free test, which is the number you have. proportionally, yours is as low as mine.

you should absolutely see a general practitioner about low testosterone, and when he says "weeeellll... your levels are 'low-normal'", you tell him, "no, I'm a fucking young man, these numbers are categorically LOW. They're low-normal for a fifty-year-old man."

he'll get uncomfortable and refer you to an endocrinologist, since it's not his area. tell the endocrinologist you're depressed, low-energy, have trouble making gains, and you have ED. he'll prescribe test and you'll be golden. Tell him you want injections, not gel, since the gel is stupid fucking expensive and injectable (test. cypionate) is goddamn dirt cheap (like ten dollars a month)

you'll feel fucking incredible, make much better gains, and your dick will work. enjoy.
>>
How dangerous is DNP?
>>
>>37667140
test results from things like that are generally just speedy. I had a 2D echocardiogram of my heart done (basically an ultrasound) and the results were back with my doc in like four days, with nothing wrong
>>
>>37667873
You might die
>>
>>37667873
it fucks you up endocrinologically for sure, how much depends on an individual.
about 200-250 mg and you might make it out alive with minimal consequences
>>
>>37667876
I had an echo done a while back and as I was in the hospital at the time within an hour or two they said nothing to worry about.
I spoke to someone else I know and they said if its a quick turnaround on the results its generally bad news.
The fact the technician said well have results with your GP in next few days and you'll hear from them this week doesn't sound to good.
Welp. Been fun knowing you all.... Bye I guess
>>
>>37667965
when i got my echo, the tech told me she was straight up legally not allowed to tell me the results. which is true, because they're not doctors, they just operate the scanner. even if they personally do know how to interpret the results, they're not trained to and the hospital can't carry the liability of them fucking that up.

don't get yourself worked up man.
>>
Why do some body builders inject insulin before doing certain exercises?
>>
>>37667762
good read, thanks anon
>>
If I do dumbbell press followed by incline and close grip dumbbell press, should I do warm-up sets only for the first exercise?
>>
>>37668134

No.

Insulin before meals, test sustanon before workout into targeted muscle or synthol.
>>
I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and i'm coming down with a cold

Currently feel a sore throat and runny nose and a little chilly

Should i hit the gym today or just wait until i get better? Any tips or recommendations in getting over a cold fast?
>>
>>37666879

Is having a protein shake 30 mins before lifting (I do it in the morning, shake would be my breakfast too) good, bad, or does it not matter?
>>
>>37668292

Don't do that. Shake is not a breakfast.
>>
>>37668278
did you have a runny nose before the sore throat?
if so then you're suffering from a post-nasal drip (snot running down the back of your throat, causing irritation hence the sore throat).
take some antihistamines and use benzydamine rinse/spray for sore throat.
>>
>>37667762
>>37668152
Is there any sources or am I seriously going to have to research the validity of that whole thing?
>>
>>37668348

What part specific?
>>
>>37668348
look it up yourself, that's what I just did
BPA
BHA
Parabens
Sulfates
Glycols
Creosote
Triclosan

these were the ones I was most interested in but there are more
>>
File: 3622440_orig[1].jpg (89 KB, 640x377) Image search: [Google]
3622440_orig[1].jpg
89 KB, 640x377
>>37668348
Kind of everything, I just spent the last few minutes reading more about xenoestrogen since I've never heard of it before. I just like to dig deeper because it's got that spooky conspiracy vibe to it.

Also if Vegetable oil okay?

>my detergent doesn't have an ingredient lable
>>
>>37667762
TL;DR

everything gives you cancer
>>
>>37668456

Peanut, coconut, olive oil are all right.
The higher the burning point the better the oil.
The lower burning point and you'll get a lot of trans fats in your meal.
>>
are protein shakes really bad for you or is it just a meme pushed by dyels
>>
>>37668532

Scoop a day of whey after a workout is not gonna kill you.
but you don't need it
>>
>>37668519
It was mainly about xenoestrogen though.

What is a dyel?
>>
>>37668656
>What is a dyel?

If you have to ask, look in the mirror.
>>
will drinking a sugar free/calorie free red bull before workout everyday have a negative long term effect?
>>
>>37668532
nigga i ain't gonna cook a steak after every workout

it literally paved the whey for my gains
>>
>>37668317
shut up moron
shake is fine whenever. it's food. it doesn't do anything magic

>>37668292
shake is fine whenever man
>>
>>37668532
it's just food. nothing "good" or "bad" about it.

>>37668556
shut up
>>
>>37668739

>shut up
jewening
>>
>>37668759
saying "but you don't need it" about whey is fucking stupid

you need protein to make gains. as long as it's a good type of protein (i.e. beans or flour protein or some stupid shit) it doesn't matter if it's from steak or whey.
whey is food.
>>
>>37668780
correction -- NOT beans or flour protein
beans aren't even "bad", they just don't have much
>>
>>37668780

it's a supplement
You need protein, you do not need a tub of cancerous cow siht.
EAT SOME REAL FOOD GODDAMIT
>>
>>37667413
SS+GOMAD
>>
is it a good idea to do some easy lifts like bicep curls everyday? or is it better to rest even if there are no doms?
>>
In your guys opinion what are the best ab exercises? I currently only do ab wheel 2x10 and I'm looking for something to compliment this
>>
I workout at home and have bicep curls in my routine, it was fine for a while but I eventually developed quite a sharp pain in my right forearm/wrist, so I bought an EZ curl bar as I was told it should take the strain away. At first it was fine and there was no pain but a few weeks later I started getting the same sharp pain again. Even if I lower the weight by half there is a still a small pain which seems to increase the heavier I go. Is this a case of bad form or too much weight too soon? What should I do?
>>
two questions. Im cutting at a 400 deficit rn and weight about 145 lbs. I'm currently getting around 170/180 grams of protein per day which is above the 1g/lb guideline. Is this something to worry about? What are the health effects of too much protein?

SECOND: Im really tempted to have a glass of brandy tonight, which is inside my macros. How much will this mess up my gains?
>>
File: moneybrick_small.gif (1 MB, 210x170) Image search: [Google]
moneybrick_small.gif
1 MB, 210x170
anyone here ate at 2500 calories for a while just so they can find out what their 'maintenance' weight is?

I want to be at the point where 3000 is my bulk and 2000 is my cut
would this work?
>>
So after doing my own shit on and off for a long while I just started SL along with the supplemental lifts. Now my legs are already built like fucking tree trunks and my upper body looks like a ten year old child...

I am the T-Rex

Will SL just fuck me up more or will I gain muscle evenly?
>>
The bar was slipping out of my hands yesterday deadlifting 265 lb.

I assume it was because my hands were sweaty... but I only started lifting 10 weeks ago, so maybe my grip isn't strong?

What do?
>>
>>37669548
use chalk?
>>
This a good split routine? I added skullcrushers and oblique ups.
http://content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/
>>
>>37669561
I've never seen people at my gym using it.. is that normal?
>>
>>37669180
L sits, v sits
>>
I get some crazy severe pain on the back of my thigh on my left leg when I go up in a squat. It only started recently, what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>37669180
Push press. Overhead squat.
Stomach vacuum.
>>
>>37669548
Chalk and start training single arm deadlift, perhaps also farmers carry, if your gym has handles for it. Dumbbells dont weigh enough.
>>
Are multivitamins a meme? Should I take more than one pill a day?
>>
File: IMG_20160609_154001.jpg (1 MB, 2315x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_154001.jpg
1 MB, 2315x1000
Should I cut down about 10lbs more?
Or start weight training and a bulk?
Goals are strength and building muscle mass.
>>
File: 8765769.png (425 KB, 1408x1024) Image search: [Google]
8765769.png
425 KB, 1408x1024
when does BB.com have ON sales?
>>
>>37669674
They help prevent deficiencies. They arent magic, or everyone would take them all the time.
No.
>>
can i effectively lose fat only lifting on a good diet?
>>
I get lightheaded pretty quickly. I once passed out after a deadlift (100kg) for a sec and banged my head. I've started doing more cardio and using outdoor gyms. I can run faster and longer but when I try do to some heavy lifting, like for example flipping a tractor tire where I need to hold my breath for a few sec I still get lightheaded. What do?
>>
I do a lot of cardio, about 30 mins on a treadmill and 20 mins cycling to and from the gym, should I be worried about muscle degradation?
>>
>>37669675

no lie OP im having a tough time on deciding between calling you out on being a tittied boy or a boobless gal

Regardless keep cutting, your body has next to no definition.
>>
dumb question but is natural sugar (in fruits) as bad as processed sugar?
>>
>>37669010
>GOMAD
you can't be serious
>>
>>37669744
Are you asking if you have a good diet and lift (exercise) will you lose weight? Of course, my man. Just try and get plenty of protein and keep your form in check. I actually eat around 1800 cals~ a day, 153~ grams of protein. May not seem like a lot but it's less than $5 USD a day so I'm happy with it.
>>
>>37667214
Ignoring the other guy's advice, before you jump into some supplement-ridden routine- be sure you're eating the right amount of calories. Like really monitor everything. Also, if you're dropping 500 cals that's 1lb a week right? Gaining a pound is possible if you gained muscle mass, as it is denser than fat.
>>
>>37669865
Thanks
>>
>>37669782
If it is as bad as in health? No.
If it is as bad while trying to lose body fat? I think its not as bad but it will probably delay your results
>>
>>37669782
In short? No.

Longer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. (It's less dense and actually comes with other nutrients unlike, say, a Pixie Stick- high amounts sure but you probs aren't eating 40 oranges a day)
>>
used to work out a bunch, got hurt (several times), fell off the wagon, can't get motivated to start again. What do?
>>
So I've been working out for the past 9 or so months and have made some decent to light gains from spooky skeltal. Though during that time I haven't really followed a specific program (besides what a high school power lifting coach told me) and I haven't stuck with a good diet at all.

Though now I'm going to start my own diet as well as follow a new routine. However, I don't know whether or not to make my own or follow one of the ones off the wiki.

If stats are needed:
145 bench
225 squat
265 diddy
135 clean
All 1rm
Haven't done OHP before
>>
>>37667445
You should eat 15,418 extra calories per month = 505 per day
>>37669147
if you want to get stronger or get bigger muscles then rest
>>37669242
if sporadic it won't affect your gains
>>37669753
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response
>>37669945
find a way to get motivated again, or just be disciplined and don't depend on motivation.
you may choose a different training method, for instance i got disappointed with bodyweight training multiple times for not making much progress, but i don't have that problem with barbell training
>>
So im trying to bulk right now and some online calculators say i should be eating over 3000 calories a day. Right now im managing around 2000 a day, anybody have tips to get the numbers up?
In case anyone is wondering my hieght is 5'11" and weight is 190
>>
>>37670114
>>
>>37667182
Track it throughout the day and try knowing ahead of time how many cals I need per meal so I'm not stuffing my face at night. Sometimes I do (shakes help) Of course if you're cutting its not hard to track it
>>
>>37669675
Boobless girl. You can call me out on it. I'm fucking 25 and still in an A cup. hahaha
>>
Oh goddamn I meant for this reply to go to
>>37669777

Boobless girl. You can call me out on it. I'm fucking 25 and still in an A cup. hahaha
>>
File: image.png (211 KB, 362x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211 KB, 362x300
did I manage to look presentable?
>>
>>37670651

and pls check routine.

>A
Squats 4x12
Bench 4x10
Rows 4x10
Dips 2xF

>B
DL 3x8
OHP 4x10
Pull ups 5x8
Push ups 2xF

also doing a stretching and ab routine everyday
>>
I just ordered my first protein powder, how many scoops should I mix in my drink after a regular workout? Should I just do 1 scoop with the recommended 6-8 oz or more scoops and more fluid?
>>
eyyy bros I'm gonna drink some tequlia this weekend. What are some good brands? Don't want any nasty shit
>>
File: 1438662125391.jpg (61 KB, 614x614) Image search: [Google]
1438662125391.jpg
61 KB, 614x614
Im gonna start nursing School in the fall next semester how will this affect my gains. I hear RN programs are tough.
>>
>>37670695
Theres no good tequila
>>
>>37669195
Use the outside grip on the ezbar for a few weeks to allow your wrist to heal
>>
When calculating energy intake from frozen foods, does the nutritional label indicate values including the water weight i.e. frozen, or of the final cooked product ? When cooking frozen fish and beef it loses about 20-30% of its mass so it's quite the difference at the end of the day.
>>
I've hit the gym everyday for the past week, following a regime from a fit friend, plus recording everything I eat, which has all been prepared by me since I've started. Also only drinking water, averaging about 12 cups a day or so.

IIYFM put my TDEE at 2581 cals, so with cutting at 500 cals, I'm at 2081 cals a day. However, I've calculated that my cals per day over the past 7 days averaged out to 1148 cals a day, not one day over 2000.

I know there's a very good chance I'm underestimating the calories I consume, but I've been very strict at recording what I eat, and controlling portion size when I prepare/eat food.

Basically, is this too much of a cut?

I'm worried that if I'm eating too little and not hitting my macros I won't lose fat/gain muscle like I really want to. Thanks for any help.
>>
It was birthday and I ate 3000 kcal more than my maintenance in 2 days. I'm on a 1000kcal cut since 6 weeks and everything is working out fine. Is it normal that I gained 2.5 kilos instead of. 5 ? It's water weight right, I'll lose it after I resume my cut ?
>>
Does metabolism stabilize during bulking like it does during cutting?
>>
im around 20% bodyfat and skinny fat, been thinking of doing 3 full body workouts a week and eating on a caloric surplus on 2 of the workout days whilst the rest of the days i eat at a caloric deficit, how will this effect me?
im thinking i go hard on MON+WED then on FRI (deficit day) i do highreps--
>>
>>37667386
From one nutrition conscious weeb to another, make your own and use the values of the raw ingredients.
>>
Why do my muscles hurt (not in the DOMS way) an hour or so after exercising?
>>
Okay I haven't started working out yet, but this is bothing me. Im 5'11 and 136 lbs. I look like a skeleton except my stomach looks like one of those starving African children's if im 100% relaxing my stomach.

Whats the deal with this? I used to play soccer most of my life but I stopped, do I just have to do cardio again or lift to get rid of this fucking boiler?
>>
>>37671049
It's tough but it's possible. I found gym is the only thing that keeps me sane between those unpaid 40 hour work weeks.

Be prepared to get really flexible with your workout routines though, have a good 24-hour or near enough gym nearby.
>>
Advice on my routine?

schedule is ABABABx

A
Bench
OHP
Lat pulldown
Cable rows
Tri pushdown

B
Squat
OHP
Deads
Cable rows

Thanks.
>>
>>37667236
from a cursory google search that shit looks like a scam
>>
>>37667236
Lye McDondald pls go
>>
will I still build muscle if I cut on a 500 kcal deficit ?

I'm one month into weightlifting, have been cleanbulking on 2800Kcal.

I'm currently at 16% bf though so I'd like to cut but I was afraid i'd have no muscle to show for it.
>>
Probably not the best place to post this, but dont really know where else to do it. How the fuck do I lucid dream? Ive been trying for about a week now, and have had literally no results. What the fuck am I doing wrong? This is really frustrating, has anyone here had any success with it?
>>
What are noob gains?
>>
>>37667214

go to the loseit place on that one site ill get shit for talking about

use myfitnesspal and eat fuckloads of protein, i am your height and 3 years younger and i lost about 50 lbs in 3 months doing this @ 1500 though i am fatter

also get a food scale, if you just estimate shit you will be off

dont bother with the 1 pound a week 500/day bullshit, starvation effect is extremely miniscule and will not fuck with you as long as you eat at least 1500/day on average
>>
>>37672069
Noobgains refer to the easy gains the newbies get when they first start lifting. Your muscles arnt used to lifting yet, so pretty much any work at all that you do will get you gains, vs someone who has been lifting for a while, its really hard to make any gains.
>>
>>37672085
So your arms get big quick?
>>
>>37672073
>>37672085
Am I elligible for noobgains on a 500kcal deficit ?
>>
>>37672217
No, not at all. They'll just get bigger from your current size quickly, but they will go away pretty soon.
>>37672224
That depends on how long youve been lifting for. If youre still in noobgains territory, that yes, its totally possible. If you arent, than yes, its possible, but very, very difficult.
>>37672033
Plz respond
>>
Does whey protein go bad?

I got one that I bought like 1.5 years ago. 60-70% of it still remains. I dont want it to go to waste.
>>
Pls halp /fit/. When I twist my body side to side (hard to explain) kinda like you would if you were punching a punchingbag or something I feel like my lungs are being pressed or stabbed by my ribs. There's no pain or anything but I can hear and feel air being pushed out whether I'm inhaling/exhaling/or holding my breath I can hear and feel it.
Pls respond I need to know if this is normal.
>>
>>37667041
Mine was like 380 something when I was 16 ;_; doc didn't give a shit the filthy wench.
>>
>>37669883
>gaining muscle at a deficit
He should probably ignore this advice aswell..
>>
File: 1459357666295.jpg (81 KB, 1116x589) Image search: [Google]
1459357666295.jpg
81 KB, 1116x589
>>37669777
>random poster in thread
>calls her OP

>>37670340
>replies to herself like a dumbass
>not sure what she has less of, boobs or brains

Mfw
>>
>>37672348
This is normal, anon. Your lungs are operated by muscles. When you twist your back you're using muscles, some of which push or pull your lungs.
>>
File: 1465772109176.jpg (40 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1465772109176.jpg
40 KB, 720x720
>>37672348
I have the exact same thing. Showed a nurse once. Her "well don't do that then"
>>
How calorie rich is ethiopian food typically? I went out with my gf for some two days ago and have been eating the leftovers since. It was mostly huge crepes and lentils.

That shit was absolutely delicious but i can't easily track the calories in it so I'm worried of eating more of it.
>>
>>37671738
The guy is really reputable when it comes to dieting.
>>
File: garbo.jpg (194 KB, 962x1112) Image search: [Google]
garbo.jpg
194 KB, 962x1112
>>37666879
can someone explain the routine in pic related

monday is understandable but the rest of the days just say (x3) or (x4) instead of (10x3) or (10x4) what does it mean?
>>
File: M-mirin'.jpg (166 KB, 728x1172) Image search: [Google]
M-mirin'.jpg
166 KB, 728x1172
Alright, BW-training fag here. I just saw a full set of weights with a bench and curl bar just hanging out in my appartment's basement. It's probably weights left by some previous owner so I'm considering using them to add to my bodyweight trainning. Since I know very little about lifting weights I was wondering, is there anything to do with that fukken curl bar or should I just switch it for a straight bar?
>>
File: tuna1.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
tuna1.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
Guys, i just started a high protein-low carb cycle, tuna was on sale so i bough 4 boxes (10 cans each) Each can has 22g of brotein and they were dirt cheap

However i completely forgot about the whole mercury poisoning thing, i was planning on eating 3 cans a day, will this affect my health or am i good to go?

How many cans a week should i consume as a maximum otherwise?
>>
is the hundredpushups-plan decent for building a bit of endurance? i'm finding that i often manange to complete the first set of an exercise, but fail later ones, despite resting for 4-5 minutes.

could i just do it right after my gym workout?
>>
My chest is disproportionately small compared to my shoulders and back, will benching/dumbell pressing every workout help bring it some size?
>>
File: 1435516387646.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1435516387646.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
TL DR: started with SL, switched to 3x5 one month ago, now thinking about doing a GSLP rep scheme (2x5, 1x5+) and deloads due to slow progress

I started lifting in February, I went with SL.
At the end of May I decided that 5x5 was too much for me and switched to 3x5, which I continued until now.
my program is now this

Workout A
>Squats 3x5
>BP 3x5
>Rows 3x5
--extra stuff--
>chinups 3xF
>light deadlifts

Workout B
>Squat 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>DL 1x5
--extra stuff--
>dips 3x8
>Kroc rows

So, I've been having some problems with stalling. And I was thinking about going the Greyskull way because just deloading isnt enough it seems.
I'm just a really weak guy, I dont get people that say "oh yeah do SS and you should get linear gains for some months"...I stalled after 2.
Before my current BP weight (72,5kg) I was stuck at 70 for 3 times, 67,5 for 2, 65 for 4!
Same for OHP, minimum 2 times on a weight and now it'll be 3 for 47,5 since I didnt even complete 3x5 last time
Let's not talk about rows, those are just a shitshow, I hit a wall at 70 and have been deloading and stopping for the last 2 months.

The only things that are good are squats (I'm at 72,5 kg but because I had to start again, my old gym had only the smith machine so one month ago when I changed gym I had to learn how to squat and solve some severe mobility issues), chinups and deadlift, which has been giving me problems too, but that's due to grip strength, so some chalk should help with that

FUCK
>>
Anyone have much experience with oly dumbbell handles? Specifically the max weight they can do.
>>
>>37673284
Bit too much lad. Get some chicken thighs and fry them or super cheap steak and slow cook it for other cheap brotein
>>
File: 1458793042020.png (334 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1458793042020.png
334 KB, 500x324
>>
so im 6'2 210lbs hitting the gym consistant for 3 months ive made no weight changes but ive gotten stronger squats went from 110-160 bench. so the problem is likely im miscounting calories. should i keep on it anyways and maintain the weight and build muscle up to where i want which is squatting 200 or cut to the bf% and do bulk cycles
>>
>>37673676
anyone?
>>
When BBs measure their upper arms with and post a number, is it generally done with flexed or not flexed biceps?
>>
>>37673676
you could do back off sets with lower weights and more reps.

Another options is to do a 1-3 weeks of lower weight and more reps.
>>
>>37674035

Get all the novice gains you can before you think about cutting and bulking.

It's fine to stay at that body weight for some more time (6-12 months). As long as you continue making gains.
>>
Are there any negative side effects to melatonin? I know the body naturally produces it but an extra 10mg before bed really improved the quality of my sleep.
>>
>>37671049
One of the most fit guys I know is in nursing. You can find a way senpai.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSgJIuMiMDk

anyone know where I can buy the kind of weight in this video? I don't even know what it's called
In the UK btw
(also goal body)
>>
>>37674316
How in the fuck is it fine to stay at the same body weight for 6-12 months?

>Do you look like zyzz?
>no?

Then fucking cut & bulk faggot
>>
>>37673942
so you are good at squats, but you squat the same as you bench? (or did you make a mistake).

I'd suggest you try different rep ranges.

Do something like this.

change all your 3x5 to 3x10 and (deadlift to 2x10)
first week of 3x10 should be light. you should have about 3-5 reps in the tank after the last set.
Be patient. concentrate on good form.

add some reasonable amount of weight every workout.
(i'd suggest 2kg or 2,5kg depending on what your gym has), and 5 kg on deadlift).

When you reach the point where the last rep feels heavy, with some small and amount of form failure (no more reps left in tank).
switch to 3x7. (2x7 on DL).

repeat in the same way for 3x7. add same amount of weight each workout.
when the 3x7 feels really heavy switch to 3x5 or 4x5 (1x5 on DL).

You can switch at differnt times for each lift.

Do the same and switch to 5x3 when 3x5 feels too heavy.

Then when 3x5 is too heavy comes tas small twist.

do a deload for 2 workouts (one of type A and one of type B). do 3x5s with ~70% of the weight you did 3x5 before you switched to 5x3 (do this deload for all lifts at the same time, if your lifts are in different rep ranges, it's up to you to judge).
Then you do PR workout of each lift
for maxes you do 5-3-1. do a 5RM PR, followed by a triple PR, followed by signle PR. (do your squat PR in Workout A, and in workout B, start with OHP PRs, then DL PRs and then squat (not PR unless you feel crazy psyced) ).

after the PRs you can either start again at 3x10 or 3x7 with a weight which is reasonably light.

AND REMEMBER TO EAT AND SLEEP.
>>
>>37674539
Novices can stay at the same bodyweight and make a lot of gains.
>>
>>37674579
>because n00b gainz last 6-12 months lmao
>>
Well, last saturday I had my best workout ever, with a lot of disposition and carrying more weight than I'm used to with no problem; It was in the morning and my preworkout meal was just wheat cake and white coffee.
Now, almost 1 week after this workout, I've tried to repeat it, with a better preworkout meal (sweet potatoes, white rice, chicken and broccoli) and almost passed out while trying to repeat it. Why does it happen? I've eaten better and hydrated myself more than that saturday, and wasn't able to repeat it with such intensity!
Sorry for the bad english.
>>
>>37667214
if you're majorly obese you can get away with bumping to a near 1k deficit
>>
>>37667306
Eat.
>>
How's my diet?
About 1400 to 1500 calories daily
>>
>>37674626
1400cal of what? Twinkies? Burgers? Rice? Baby Goats?
>>
>>37674626
How think fuck are we suppose to know if you don't post stats?
>>
File: 1466738637300.jpg (33 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1466738637300.jpg
33 KB, 540x960
>>37674626
Forgot pic
>>
>>37674635
stats u fucking dolt
>>
>>37674635
Height? Weight? Goals? What disability are you working with?
>>
>>37674635
218 protein, 71 carbs and 37 fat
nigger are you retarded?
>>
>>37674653
>hes literally pissing out like 70 grams of unused proteins
>kek
>>
>>37674648
>>37674651
5'6 manlet try to hit 150 or lower currently at 157,former fatass on perma cut
>>
How many carbs/fats should I eat per day while cutting?

I've heard to limit carbs to around 100g
>>
How do I get rid of water weight after harsh cut?
>>
I was about to make a thread about this but i might aswell ask here.

I want to get fit, but here's the problem, I'm 5'4, and all the fit manlets i've seen look like trash, or go full dwarf mode and i don't have the looks to pull it off.
What should i do about it? what body type should i go for?

TL;DR how can i get fit as a manlet without looking like pic related.
>>
>>37674675
You really only need about 120 grams of protons mang

>1g per 1kg of bw
>>
>>37674700
How is my fat and carbs look looking too much or too little?
>>
>>37674714
Fats is much too low, and so are carbs. Neglecting either will leave you feeling lathargic and like complete shit 24/7 whilst cutting
>>
>>37674727
Guess that explains why i felt like dying every day.How many grams should I get,what range should I follow. Please help.
>>
>>37674751
>Guess that explains why i felt like dying every day

Thats why keto is the most miserable shit on the face of the planet while your body adapts to it
>>
>>37674542
As I said, at my old gym the only option for a squat-like excercise was the smith machine, they didnt want any BB squat done because the pt's were shit and they had some idiot fall in the past.
So, a couple months ago, when I switched to a good (Mcfit) gym I basically had to learn how to squat: I'm already a super unflexible guy, add to that smith machine squats that do more damage than good, and I basically had to start over.
Once I was able to get to a decent depth with 30kg I added weight every workout, 2.5kg every time.
So this is why my squat is still low.

Some things about the program
>where did you get it and did you try it? does it take a lot of time? does it work with progression and does it give some aesthetic results?
>are the 5-3-1 in the same day? wouldnt the 1 pr be hindered by the 5 and 3? I never did any pr work, I dont know anything about it
>>
File: 1432593172998.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1432593172998.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>37669608
Not many people use it because not many people do barbell complexes.
Ask your local gym representative if it's allowed, before you cover everything with a thin white layer.

>>37670029
Choose one from the sticky. You're inexperienced and know nothing about programming.

>>37670690
Depends on your diet and nutritional requirements.

>>37671490
Probably. If you've got the numbers right.

>>37671595
You're still recovering on rest days. If you could lose fat and gain weight at the same time just because of that meal plan, bulking wouldn't exist. Read the sticky.

>>37671958
It partly depends on your genetics, but no, you will most likely not build muscle on your cut.

>>37674579
That's mostly because of CNS adaptation. If you don't eat, you won't (or will just barely) build muscle.
>>
>>37667586
Depends on your weight and speed pretty heavily m8
>>
>>37674762
I wasn't even trying to do keto,mostly trying to hit low carb and some fat kek. Fucked myself good then.
>>
>>37674774
>That's mostly because of CNS adaptation. If you don't eat, you won't (or will just barely) build muscle.

Basically why recomps are a scam and fucking retarded unless you are absolutely anal about your intake for years on end
>>
>>37674774
>If you don't eat, you won't (or will just barely) build muscle.
Permacut fag here: why do i keep making so many gains, then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFo_wQq8M3Q
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U

..but i am sure you are more literate in nutritional science than eric helms...
>>
File: 1370777219814.jpg (10 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
1370777219814.jpg
10 KB, 211x239
>>37674829
Not the guy you are replying to but,

>Matter cannot be created or destroyed
>LAW OF PHYSICS

So what you are telling me is that you are creating muscle matter out of nothing? Because if you are burning off your TDEE then you would physically be creating matter from nothing.

>Do you have a philosophers stone?
>Are you god?
>>
>>37674520
anyone?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160624-160503.png (73 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160624-160503.png
73 KB, 1080x1920
How does this look for a 2000cal cut?
6'1'' 83kg.
>>
>>37672033
>>37672249
>How the fuck do I lucid dream?
imo Stephen La Berge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming is the best exercise and theoretical book on the subject I've come across.

Easy to read, interesting once it get into anecdotes and more complex activities and goes beyond just inducing lucid dreaming but explores what can be done within a lucid dream, including real world applications.

Lacks the New Agey spiritual aspect too and tries to be somewhat empirical.

There is a poorly formatted pdf copy floating around the net, I'd recommend just buying it, its pretty cheap if i recall.

As for techniques, it doesn't bring any core new techniques as far as inducing lucid dreams to the table, but covers well known techniques as well new techniques every few chapters.

As for a general list of techniques they are an easy google away:

Reality Testing, Dream Journals, Dream Signs, Afirmation that you will be aware of your dream state, alarms to catch you during a REM cycle, relaxation and focus to drift into a dream state while conscious in bed etc.

The key thing is persistence, work on all your skills, keep at it for weeks and months. Think of it as a fun exercise and don't be frustrated if it takes a long time, you are progressively overcoming your natural tendency to be unaware/semi aware during an altered neurological state.
>>
Ex-fatties, how do you guys overcome the fear of getting fat again when you did your first bulk?
Im fucking terrified.
>>
>>37672033
Keep a dream journal, and the second you wake up, try to write what you've seen in the dream. This will teach you to remember your dreams, and soon you will learn to recognize when you are in a dream state (look at a clock, remember the time. Look again, itshould drastically change. Same for text) Once you realise you're in a dream, do whatever the fuck you want in there. You'll wake up the first time from excitement though
>>
File: IMG-20160623-WA0025.jpg (33 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160623-WA0025.jpg
33 KB, 500x386
Please someone explain 1/2/3/4 to me
>>
File: 1462128968550.png (444 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1462128968550.png
444 KB, 1080x720
How much fat and carbs should I be consuming on a cut?Is it good to up the carbs on a hard training day and on rest days?
>>
>>37674969
OHP /Bench/Squat/Deadlift
135/225/315/405
1.2.3.4 plates

Idiot.
>>
How do I start with HIIT? What sort of ratio should I go?
>>
So I noticed that my left lat is way weaker than my right. Now that I noticed it looks ridiculous. What should I do to combat the muscle imbalance? Switch barbell with dumbbell rows?
>>
>>37675231
start doing your mixed lift deadlifts with your hands in the opposite way you do them now
>>
>>37675332
I just use a normal grip for deadlifts. What does that mean now?
>>
>>37669675
If you're already an A you should just go for definition first, cutting to a lower bodyfat also allows you to make easier gains.
>>
>>37671409
Please be a troll, I find it hard to believe someone could be this dense and not know it.
>>
What stretching should I be doing before a pull day?
>>
>>37675201
Start with 20 seconds going fast/hard as you can, followed by 40 seconds rest. Work your way towards 40 seconds work/20 seconds rest.

Also, 3 minute warm-up/cool-downs.
>>
>>37669697
bump
>>
>>37666879
Testosterone """boosters"""
M8...
>>
File: 1465786048679.jpg (286 KB, 1227x1132) Image search: [Google]
1465786048679.jpg
286 KB, 1227x1132
I'm doing bench press with 3 sets of 8 reps, but it feels like not enough, should I increase weight, or do more reps? Or maybe add a set?
>>
>>37675575
Cheers mate.
>>
>>37675605
do a second chest exercise
>>
>>37674829
Man, and I actually thought I might learn something today.

He basically says you might gain muscle, if you've high bodyfat and you haven't been cutting for long, and have a small deficit, and even then, you'll have a worse result than if you were bulking.

If troll, 8/10. I watched all three videos almost to the end.
>>
>>37675751
Oh and I forgot. The only proof he offers us to back his statements up is drawing sine functions and repeating "not an on/off switch" 9001 times.
>>
Are dropsets useful in any sort of meaningful way?
>>
>>37671409

what? water has no nutrients so it wouldn't matter if it lost water or not. it's the non-water parts that contain the nutrients.
>>
>>37671595

diet+cardio and cut the bodyfat first, then bulk

it'll be way less confusing and easier for you
>>
File: 1371182589142.jpg (201 KB, 992x723) Image search: [Google]
1371182589142.jpg
201 KB, 992x723
What can I do for my shoulders if I can't OHP/or seated press?
>>
My squats are pretty bad, what are some good assistance exercises I can do to improve?
>>
>>37667164
Take a rest day goddamn. Do squats. Take another rest day.

And being a quitter could be boredom, yea. Running is a mental game. Keep yourself occupied.
>>
>>37676467

Lunges.
>>
>>37668690
sugar free means it has some fake shit in it, in addition to all the other fake shit already contained within a red bull energy drink
>>
>>37676419
It is dangerous to go alone. Take some shrugs, push-up variations.
>>
>>37670657
pls respond
>>
>>37670657
>>37676580
beginner routine
would add arm isolation exercises since i'm torso dominant
after a couple of months i would switch up the rep and set ranges though
>>
Should I do weighed pullups and chinups or pendlay rows for lats?
>>
>>37676598
>>37676580
also add posture correcting exercises i.e. face pulls since most people need them
>>
>>37676605
weighted chins are the best for lats imo
doing low rowing exercises target upper back more, doing high rowing exercises targets your lats more
>>
>>37676244
Bump
>>
>>37676244
might aswel just take a reasonable weight and do a set to failure
don't really see the point of doing dropsets
>>
How wide is your grip on CGBP?
>>
>>37676637
grip it so that your arms are perperndicular to the floor when you touch your chest or slightly closer

doing bench press with arms perpendicular to the floor when hitting your chest is the most complete way of benching imo
good range of motion, great overall muscle activation
>>
>>37676665
>>37676637
note that this is with retracted shoulders and at least a slight arch
>>
File: 62316.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
62316.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
I think im gaining weight too hard, my lifts are increasing otherwise. should I stop? Im 3 weeks into and 4 pounds heavier

>inb4 manlet
5'3, yes
>>
>>37676727
fix posture
decrease the deficit but keep bulking
>>
>>37676727
def fix your posture, you have tight hamstrings/week core and hunched shoulders from sitting at a computer all day. look up anterior pelvic tilt and computer-guy posture and learn how to fix them. Learn what good posture looks like and feels like and throughout the day try to adjust your posture. A lot of people will reccomend stretches and exercises to target weak/tight muscles, and this is all well and good, but if you aren't consciously trying to maintain correct posture, none of it will work. Eventually, good posture will become natural.

Also, regarding diet, its really tempting to think "well im bulking, fuck it lets have another muffin, its ok if I go over my caloric limit" but this is really a slippery slope. Eventually you're gonna want to cut and any extra weight you put on now, you'll have to lose in a few months. Stick to your diet, don't go more than 500 cals over your TDEE, i'd even reccomend 200-300 cals surplus instead of 500 as long as your lifts are going up. Gaining more than a pound per week is probably too much.

Also, how old are you? You may still have some sick puberty gains left in you.
>>
File: HcW2ZfB.jpg (31 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
HcW2ZfB.jpg
31 KB, 908x714
>>37676755
I havent counted calories in a while, Ill tone it down a bit
>>37676841
>you have tight hamstrings/week core and hunched shoulders from sitting at a computer all day.

scared how accurate that is because I cant squat deep because of my hamstrings. Ill try fixing my posture thanks.

Im 18, theres no more hope for being taller, my family is at most 5'5
>>
Does anyone else here find they do way better doing fullbody 3x-4x a week? I've spent at least 6 months with pretty much every split under the sun, and I find that fullbody is that only routine that actually makes me grow
>>
>>37669195
I had that for the longest time in my left wrist, I fixed it entirely by just curling with a wider grip on a regular bar.
>>
File: 1411537837078.jpg (36 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
1411537837078.jpg
36 KB, 528x480
Few questions from a hungry skeletal.
- Does it make a difference if I eat my calories or drink them?
- I have skinnybitch wrists and can't properly curl because of that, can I do some other exercises that would be equally effective?

Also I'm a candidate for trt because my doctor said I have "old man test levels", does anyone have any advice what to do during that?

thank in advice
>>
How much should I have expected to go up doing Candito? Not sure if I should restart it next week. My accessory lifts went up significantly, but I'm not sure if a second round would be beneficial or if I should try a different program.

My ORMs went from:
120lbs > 125lbs bench
180lbs > 195lbs squat
175lbs > 215lbs deadlift

Bw is 105lbs
>>
>>37677338
Your lifts are fine, it's your body weight that is the problem.
>>
>>37674768
>>where did you get it and did you try it?
I wrote it and have tried similar things on squats and deadlifts.

The main idea is to work in different rep ranges.
Change it if you want to change anything about it.
Ignore it if you think it sounds stupid.

>>does it take a lot of time?
per work out? should take about the same time. 5x3 usually takes more time than 5x3

>>does it work with progression and does it give some aesthetic results?
It's all about progression, you add the same amount of weight every workout.
It's a strength base program.
It's a good base for later moving on to a aesthetics program, or power lifting program or strongman or weightlifting etc.

>>are the 5-3-1 in the same day? wouldnt the 1 pr be hindered by the 5 and 3? I never did any pr work, I dont know anything about it

yes, in the same day.
If you want to you can go for only one PR (in the rep range of own choice).
5s and 3s will affect the single PR. but that's ok.
Your PR will be a 5-3-1 PR rather than a single PR.

To get a really good single PR you need to train singles, and a program that is more based around making a single PR.

Don't go too hard on the single PR attempt. Pick a weight that makes sense to you based on how the triple felt and be a bit conservative.
In order to get a really accurate 1rep max number you need to train singles. so just be careful and don't hurt yourself. take all safety precautions you know.

If you feel really beat up after either the 5 or the 3, skip the single PR attempt.

Do what makes sense to you.
>>
If I'm skinny fat, why should I lose weight then bulk up?
>>
File: 1461406302717.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461406302717.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
Could calisthetic givee some gains while im cutting? Im on 1500 cals a day, and try to eat much proteins. Also any good cali workouts? I have like 0 muscles.
>>
>>37677621
I'm going to try to get down to 103lbs some time so that I can compete in the 47kg weight class. I eat whatever I want and maintain 104-106lbs at 5' 1".
>>
I have a couple of questions:

1. I started doing Stronglifts 5x5, but the gym my company pays for doesn't have a power rack. Is it ok for me to use the smith machine once the weights get heavy or should I just find a better gym?

2. As mentioned, I do SL5x5, but I also bike 7km to work every day, about half of which is incline (both ways) and some of that incline is pretty sick - between 30 and 45 degrees. As a somewhat of a beginner, should I do some accessory work for my arms because I feel my legs are getting a lot more training.

3. How would said biking (a total of 5 hours per week) and 3x30 min of weightlifting rate on the Scooby scale for caloric intake?
>>
I'm trying to cut but my face is still so fat. I just want cheekbones, guys. I've lost 44 lbs since last year. 220 to 176. I'm 5'8" though and the weight lost doesn't look as drastic- most people never realized I weigh(ed) that much. Body composition and doc says muscle, but I just want the last layers of fat gone and have kind of flatlined. What do?
>>
>>37673284
3 cans a week max. One can every 2 days or so.
>>
>>37677996
1. Better gym
2. Nah. I mean you can as long as they dont interfere with progress, but training arms just leads to underdeveloped delts, chest, and back relative to arms.
3. Doesnt even count, just a tasty little snack.
>>
Dumb question but when I'm standing up straight I notice that the most protruding part of my upper body are not my pecs but rather the bottom of the ribcage, not by much but still, not what I expected. Is it the same for anyone else here? I feel like my scoliosis may have something to do with this.

And for reference, I grew quite alright chest in last 4-5 months, so it's not like I'm completely flat dyel.
>>
>>37678006
Get sub 10%

Hella facial gains
>>
>>37670695
herradura reposado
pretty light in color compared to some reposado tequilas that I've had. a little expensive, if you're concerned about that, but I think it's worth it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.