[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is weight trainig useless? iv been doing cardio for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
is weight trainig useless?

iv been doing cardio for a while and i noticed im gaining muscle as well, and its equally distributed.
whats the point in weight training if not just for sicc abs and all that bullshit.

in my opinion a person should be light and agile, but maintain power as well.
>>
Cardio is good shit for burning fat. Probably you just lost that fat and revealed some of your muscles.

>implying that you are just a newboy, not b8
>>
>>37666286
you're probably right OP, I mean you saw it happen right?

Just be yourself
>>
you're also shaving off fat making your muscle more apparent. To be 'fit' is to do both, no only be able to bench press but to also be able to run more than block without dying.
>>
>>37666320
no im telling you, i do cardio and gain muscle.

i get it, if you are a stickfigure that do cardio you will probably never gain muscle, but lean muscle is all you need. bulking up does not benefit you
>>
>>37666347
adaptations don't work like that m8

you MAY see hypertrophy in your lower body IF you run intense enough

but hypertrophy dont work like that
>>
>>37666286
>>37666347
Yea m8, you're right. Just keep running, you'll be jacked in no time. It'll work great, keep at it.
>>
>>37666286
The only runners i know of to gain muscle are sprinters.
>>
>>37666347
Not how the body works, kill yourself
>>
>>37666347
You probably gain muscle in your legs, and potentially in your core based on how your form is, but you are most likely not seeing gains above your lower abdomen.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make with that second line.
>>
>>37666347
This has to be bait
>working out a completely unrelated muscle group
>all of sudden start getting bicep and chest gains.
>>
I rescind my statement OP. In the possible case that you were a skeleton to begin with, and when you run you are wearing wrist weights or holding small frees, and just flailing your arms around like a looney while you run, you might actually be seeing upper abdomen gains.

It's possible I guess.
>>
dumb thread

>>37666442
sprinters lift to increase explosive power
>>
File: image.png (390 KB, 716x717) Image search: [Google]
image.png
390 KB, 716x717
>>37666286
>>
>>37666286
its the other way, resistance training is better
cardio is pretty much useless for muscle/fat loss
but its good for health, 30 minutes 3 times a week is enough for health
>>
>>37666347
What you're probably seeing is just a drop in body fat. Quickest way to look like you gained 10lbs of muscle is to lose 10 of fat.
>>
>>37666286
yes it useless cardio is the best way to get fit dnt listen to all these bear mode faggots
>>
>>37666360
Bingo. I run a lot, after the first few weeks there's no more changes in my musculature. I just do it for the cardio and sunshine. Heavy lifting changes you fast and it's easy to just increase the weight and reps. It's completely re shaped my body. Running didn't even make me look particularly good. Joggers in their 30's look woeful desu
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.