[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Optimism: A study.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1460374896210.png (259 KB, 480x376) Image search: [Google]
1460374896210.png
259 KB, 480x376
>http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2258-people-are-doing-it-at-your-gym-6-personal-trainer-secrets_p2.html

>See misinformation on weight lifting technique.
>See the number 1 on the list is "weight loss is actually impossible", "you actually have to keep working out lel"
>See over 3 million people regularly read Cracked articles.
>Lose hope for humanity
>>
>>37661912

>As Cracked has told you over and over, the number of people who lose a large amount of weight and keep it off is statistically zero.

>if gyms everywhere told clients the truth -- that there is no finish line; you can never say, "OK, now I have a six-pack, so I'm finished with my body and now I can focus all of my time on video games"... a billion-dollar industry would disappear overnight

I just got hit by some culture shock.

You're supposed to go to the gym for health and because it feels good to workout, not because there is a finish line, and that everything before crossing it is shit and misery. But I guess this is how a lot of people think? If so, I'm not surprised that fat people never lose weight. Their whole attitude stinks.
>>
>you shouldnt touch your chest in the bench because it kills your shoulders
>>
>>37661998
>the number of people who lose a large amount of weight and keep it off is statistically zero

>lose 15kg fat
>gain 15kg muscle

"Ur weightloss failed, lol" - Cracked
>>
>>37661912
Well it's true. People that have shitty genetics have to keep exercising to keep weight off, or eat way less than normal. Look at the biggest loser contestants for instance. The ones at the end were thin as, but they all ended up getting fat again (not as fat but still overweight) and kept to a caloric maximum. Should just be an extra incentive to keep exercising tho.
>>
>>37661998
>there is no finish line
Fucking western culture.
>>
>>37661998
>Statistically, no one is successful
>Just give up
Inspiring advice.
>>
>>37661912
>The year our Lord 2016
>Still reading cracked

People are dumb
>>
File: 1366441851600.jpg (120 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1366441851600.jpg
120 KB, 480x640
>>37662257

They get their weight back because they go back to their hambeast families and don't have the guts to throw all their shitty food in the garbage.
>>
>>37662257
>genetics
>>
>>37662411

It's what fatties want to hear. Hope is just a form of torture for fatties.
>>
>>37661912
>plenty of sex at the gym
is this actually true? can any pts confirm?
most gyms have a massive ratio in favour of male pts, but do clients solicit?
>>
>>37662926
there are unisex gyms at my 24 hr fitness, i can see how it can work
>>
>>37662959
>unisex gyms
i mean bathrooms, i just had an aneurism or some shit
>>
>>37662257
That was because they're idiots who thought they were "done".
>>
The point of losing weight is to develop healthy habits like eating well and getting regular exercise. It's not "ok I lost 40 pounds back to pizza and playing vidya 12 hours a day." I have a hard time believing this isn't satire, even for cracked this is retarded.
>>
>>37662193
Yeha it triggered me too. I opened the link the gives for this shitty advice, wanting to see for myself where she got this bullshit from.
Turns out the link is legit, it tells people not to have your elbows out at 80degrees like a retard because that puts your shoulder in a bad position, and that's what novices tend to do when they try to lower the bar to their pecs. The link says that you need to kee pyour elbows closer to your body, which is legit (it should form an angle of 45degrees or so).

But this complete retard writing her blogshit completely misunderstood, and thought it meant you shouldn't lower the bar to touch your chest. Not understanding it means you should touch under your pecs.
And this is a PT. Giving advice.
>>
Wasn't there a recent Cracked article someone posted to /fit/ about some bodybuilder losing his job and friends over his habits and scaring people with his
>So swole 14 inch pythons
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.