[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys actually believe that being fat isn't due to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1462244794971s.jpg (7 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
1462244794971s.jpg
7 KB, 250x228
Do you guys actually believe that being fat isn't due to genetics?
>>
>>37661260
Dude holy fuck
>READ THE STICKY
>>>/s/
>>>/t/
>>>/i/
>>>/c/
>>>/k/
>>>/y/
>>
>>37661260
Sure, if you genetics lead to you having mental retardation.
>>
Life-long eating habits is what determines whether someone is fat or not.

If you grew up as a kid that under-ate and hated eating and avoided food (a lot of kids are like this) you can grow up skeleton mode for life, due to the fact nobody ever put you into place and taught you to eat.

Then you have the opposite end of the scale where people grow up over-consuming high calorie foods and never learn moderation, they end up fat their whole life.
>>
>>37661297
Sup retard.

Let me educate you.

>Studies that have focused on inheritance patterns rather than on specific genes have found that 80% of the offspring of two obese parents were also obese, in contrast to less than 10% of the offspring of two parents who were of normal weight.[115]

>Different people exposed to the same environment have different risks of obesity due to their underlying genetics.[116]

Some people just have bad fat storing genetics.
>>
Of course the offspring of two obese parents will most likely be fat, they're gonna over feed their fucking child and give them the same diet and lifestyle they have
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x390
Time to derail this fat-acceptance thread - with no survivors
>>
>>37661456
good form, pupper
>>
>>37661318
Oh wow..
>>
>>37661318
>Some people just have bad fat storing genetics.
Yeah and these genes also manifest in the urge to guzzle 4 liters of soda drinks every day and eat 4000cals with living a sedentary life.
>>
>>37661318
jesus christ you're dense. Ya i wonder why the child of two heavy cruisers are going to grow up fat. NOBODY is fat because of genetics. The only exception is the genetics which causes people to be born with an extra chromosome like you, you disgusting pile of fat and bile.
>>
>>37661456
Good form, Pupper
>>
Do I think genetics play a role, yes, I think they do, but not to the extent that either side claims it to be.
>>
File: 1460960284619.jpg (64 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460960284619.jpg
64 KB, 768x1024
>>37661318
>[115]
> Kolata,Gina (2007). Rethinking thin: The new science of weight loss – and the myths and realities of dieting. Picador. p. 122.
>Kolata was born Gina Bari in Baltimore, Maryland. Her mother, prominent mathematician Ruth Aaronson Bari (1917 – 2005), was of Jewish descent.[2]
>>
>>37661456
good form, pupper
>>
>>37661456
good form pupper
>>
>>37661318
>Obese parents have obese kids
Shocking
>>
Wow, I can't believe people on a fitness board don't know shit about fitness.

Yes, being fat can be genetic. That doesn't mean they have to be fat, but it requires WAY more effort for them than an average person.

Some people, like me, are underweight due to genetics. My father was 6'2'' and 130 in highschool, and so was I. For us it requires a shit ton of effort just to have an average body.
>>
>>37661456
Good form, pupper
>>
>>37661456
Good form, pupper
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.