[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people treat you after you become ripped? Ive been scrawny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: t80VmbY.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
t80VmbY.png
2 MB, 1440x900
How do people treat you after you become ripped? Ive been scrawny all my life and i need some motivation.
>>
>>37658991
people do treat you with a lot more respect once you have some size
>>
- when you ask people a question they give you more information than necessary
- when you're walking around people get out of your way
- people hold doors open for you before passing through themselves
- girls make prolonged eye contact because they want dick
>>
>>37659004
these are all true
>>
>>37658991
once you're ripped they'll just blame your success on roids and everyone will still hate you.
>>
>>37658991
Everywhere i go bitches wanna suck my dick. Srs.
>>
>>37659004
+1
>>
>>37659004

>when you ask people a question they give you more information than necessary

Example? I'm now going to look out for this behaviour

>when you're walking around people get out of your way

This effect may be lessened if you are a manlet or if you're walking by an angry manlet as a lanklet

>people hold doors open for you before passing through themselves

Must be nice, where I live people don't even look behind them to see if anyone's there

>girls make prolonged eye contact because they want dick

Definitely yes
>>
>>37659219

>Example? I'm now going to look out for this behaviour
I don't know. Say you go to some sort of administrative desk and ask a woman about whatever process. She'll go out of her way to help you instead of just doing the bare minimum and shooing you off.

>Must be nice, where I live people don't even look behind them to see if anyone's there
I mean, I'll be coming through a door from the opposite direction, and they'll hold the door and let me pass through.
>>
I get alot more attention from gay guys. It's fucking annoying
>>
>>37659416
I know right? It's difficult to remember the names of all your boyfriends.
>>
I find that from being a little skeleton to now even at DYEL by /fit/ standards I've got more respect from my peers, but really I think a lot of it is just a huge boost in confidence
>>
>>37658991
Every where I go it feels like dudes are constantly squaring me up and if I don't keep an alpha frame I just get dismissed it's really starting to get old.
>>
>>37659004
This is truth.
Better looking people have it easier.
Unless you're short.
>>
>>37659416
That's the motivation I needed
>>
>>37659416
>falling for the vaginal jew
>>
>special attention from females is prolonged and more common.
>people more inclined to express respect through courteous acts.
>objectified more (positively =/= negatively)
>that young boy who stares at your movie physique in awe
>those people that get out of your way excessively
>that one middle-aged woman who angrily stares you down because she secretly wants to fuck but she knows her times BEEN up.
>female managers favor you and do you small favors out of the vagina of their hearts
>that older man standing around you who is legitimately scared when you are not even expressing anger
>those guys in the street who think you want to fight just because you are minding your business.
>those cougars who appreciate the gainz more
>interviews become easier
>female co-workers more concerned about you which can create problems based on faith and assumptions
>that one guy over there- you can feel his look, and he is super angry because your jacked physique.
>those two smaller pudgier guys (always two) who giggle and point at jacked /fit/izens
>those women who brag about how ripped and strong a relative or guy friend of theirs is, but only so you view her differently.
>those people who think you are pissed off when you just got some drain gutter veins popping out by default.
>>
the gays hit on me like hell when i go to a bar.
at the gym i've heard multiple times that i have a nice ass through a "silent" convo behind my back
>>
- fags hit on me more than usual
- women put their hands on my arms when conversing
- nonlifters at BJJ still complain when I go easy on them
- people get out of my way when I walk
- more eye contact from women

When I'm wearing a t shirt at the shops and I'm putting my grocery bags in the trolley, I always make sure to curl it when there's an attractive women behind the counter. That look you get when the bicep contracts.
>>
My own fucking friends act more like cunts towards me.Not surprised,they are the kind of people who only care about your failures and don't clap when you succeed.Other people are much nicer especially older women and men
>>
>>37660847
Tfw all my friends are lifters, farmers and tradies who give banter to the nonlifters we know. Feels good man.
>>
I feel alone and out of place
>>
File: 1396050290519.jpg (51 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1396050290519.jpg
51 KB, 500x400
>>37658991
Girls obviously treat you better, which all it really does it confirm just what completely shallow creatures they are.

As for friends and family; really just depends. Good ones will support you, but it really shows people's insecurities when they don't. Pretty much all my family members who are fat as fuck treat me like horse shit since I got /fit/.

Last year one even got so buttmad at me that I wouldn't eat her shit filled breakfast that she accused me of doing roids.

>mfw she had no idea that's a fucking compliment to a natty fag like me
>>
File: CatEAting.webm (594 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CatEAting.webm
594 KB, 480x480
>>37659021
true story
>>
>>37658991
-People get weird when I take my shirt off even if I'm not the first to do so.
-My friends all start shitting on themselves if anyone mentions my fitness level "oh I look like shit, I need to go back to the gym" etc.
-Other dudes make passive aggressive comments like "Oh I just have too much going on to care about a 6 pack"

This thread will be mostly positive and it is mostly positive, just thought I'd share the other side of things.
>>
>>37659004
>- people hold doors open for you before passing through themselves
I do this to everyone lol don't feel special kid it's not because you're "ripped"

I know a guy who was DYEL then started hitting the gym hard and all that happened was he became kind of a douche/tool desu senpai

but he does seem happier than where he was at before so good for him, I just _really_ wish he'd stop asking how many grams of protein are in whatever he orders at restaurants...
>>
>>37660857
that is a good thing anon. when surrounded by DYEL pussies and fat bitches it is a great feeling knowing you are ten times fitter than they will ever be
>>
>>37661159
I don't really like when I make my friends feel like shit just by standing near them.
>>
>>37661172
that is really the best kind of problem bro, it should motivate them.
my mate started MMA, three months later three other guys started and didn't stop.
>>
>>37659403
>I mean, I'll be coming through a door from the opposite direction, and they'll hold the door and let me pass through.

this is called being polite you autistic manchild
>>
>>37661288
>holding doors open for people who aren't disabled or who don't have their hands full

Open your own damn doors you're not a toddler
>>
File: 1464650963998.jpg (30 KB, 403x497) Image search: [Google]
1464650963998.jpg
30 KB, 403x497
It's a double edged sword for me
> girls smile at me more
> people enjoy hanging around me more
> easier to make conversation with a girl and look her in the eyes as i do so
> feel more stable and more confident

> be socially retarded so girls outright smiling at me makes me shut down
> introverted to hell so spending too much time with people is draining, and sometimes people think that i don't hang out that often as a sign that i don't like them
>>
>How do people treat you after you become ripped?

It depends, really. On the one hand women notice you more, tend to be more involved and I'd be lying if I said lifting didn't help me slay women. Before lifting I was an uber-beta orbiter who couldnt even hold hands with girls but nowadays my score is about 3 women I fucked and like 14 who were interested in me/would have fucked me.

Dudes respect you more too. I had people I never really talked to come to me and compliment me for gains and make conversations. People who formerly bullied me also show loads of respect and wouldnt dare to act against me anymore.
However there will be a whole Group of insecure manlets who will try to ridicule you and make you look bad because they feel inferior to you.
>>
File: 1461612533335-1.jpg (190 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1461612533335-1.jpg
190 KB, 500x740
>>37660227
Thank you, anon
>>
>>37658991
Girls make comments, guys will mire and respect you more automatically.

I thought it was a meme, but it's actually true. People will freely do favours for you without you asking. If you have charisma that is. I was already charismatic, but being ripped buffed that shit to hell and back.
>>
>>37661548
I have found this to be true as well

>be neet
>be insecure but not bad looking or fat
>girls see that insecurity and use it as an opportunity to talk
>get more ripped (but also look like you take great care of your body in other sports and ways)
>lose insecurity
>now the girls have more insecurity than you
>now the girls feel like you are a tier above them and dont dare to approach you anymore
>still too socially retarded to push socialization yourself

kek
>>
Not everyone gives you more respect when you're fit.

>you're so vapid, all you care about is gym
>you must be a blockhead

Also, if you're not falling for the liquid jew

>what a buzzkill
>>
>>37661288
This.
I hold the doors for people, even tho im Rich Pana's long lost cousin.
>>
>>37658991
Anyone have the associated labels for the OP image? Want to get that shit printed and framed
>>
>>37661548
Being "introverted" is a horrible meme created so that socially retarded people can stay in their comfort zone and not feel bad about it. Expose yourself to as many social scenarios as possible and I guarantee you'll be less socially retarded and you won't feel "drained" after them.
>>
>>37658991
If you ever rage around other non large people you will scare the fuck out of them, only really applies if you're actually large. 6'+ 200+ and lean
Don't recommend it
>>
>>37660862
why do you need to life you are really good looking ? why do you drink that protein dog food? why are you eating always the same food. eggs and bacon are bad you will get fat. ringing any bells
>>
Everyone bows down to me.
>>
Not massive (5'11 205) but I notice men respect me more than they did before and I don't know how to explain how women treat you different, I've noticed they're tone of voice is different, more eye contact and they give you more attention in general.

>job interview yesterday
>wearing slim fit shirt and trousers to show off sikk glutes
>walk into interview room, two of the senior nurses are waiting, one MILF one 5/10 (nursefag pls no bully)
>literally catch the fitt one staring right at my chest
>she starts asking questions and says ''your hobbies.. obviously going to the gym you look great haha''
>turn around to say bye and I can see both of them starting at my ass
>go home at masturbate furiously to the MILF

I think I may of gotten the job m8s
>>
>>37662194
I heard nursing is a good job
>>
>>37662194
lmao
>go to job interview today
>its a dude ffs
>I make a comment about wearing same shirt
>"hahaha no you look good"
>awkward silence
>I got the job

I was also pretty hungover from the night before, solid win all round except my boss is a fag
>>
>>37660227
>>those people who think you are pissed off when you just got some drain gutter veins popping out by default.

I lol'd. That's awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>37658991
A few things I've noticed:

- More people call your sir.

- Not having to wait in line at the bar, grocery store, etc.

- People get out of your way when walking through halls at work.

- Don't have to pay my tab at small clubs.

- Women blush spill spaghetti when talking to you more.

- Older milfs will make up excuses to feel your muscles.
>>
>>37659416

This is true. Especially if you're short.
>>
File: 1466627792626.jpg (61 KB, 960x383) Image search: [Google]
1466627792626.jpg
61 KB, 960x383
>you'll overtime lose but gain friends
>people will see you as the alpha of your friend group
>girls pay more attention
>more respect from most people

>you will visibly see jealousy
>>
>>37663197
That pic is cringy as fuck.
>>
>>37660862
I want to be accused of juice one day. May actually bust a nut from the ego boost.
>>
File: 1466628001137.jpg (36 KB, 705x344) Image search: [Google]
1466628001137.jpg
36 KB, 705x344
>>37663219
better?
>>
>>37662194
>not telling them you don't workout
>just push-ups and crunches
Finesse these hoes.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.