[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1466221080828.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466221080828.jpg
574 KB, 1920x1200
How do I get taller? I'm depressed as fuck because of my height. I'm 18 and short as fuck. My family is sort of tall, my dad and older brother are both six feet. I feel like I've been cheated out of a good stature since I didn't recieve enough testosterone, hgh, exercise, nutrition and sleep when I was younger. Assuming my growth plates are still open, how do I try to increase my final height?
>>
When will they learn?
>>
I'm 6"3 and spent my childhood playing WoW and chugging mountain dew, its genetics bro nothing you can do.

Learn to accept it and move on I guess.
>>
File: 1466223257872.jpg (63 KB, 567x637) Image search: [Google]
1466223257872.jpg
63 KB, 567x637
>>37656715
I don't want to accept it. Should I just get surgery and wear lifts? I could pull off objective 6'2 if I did that, and tell girls I'm 6'4 if I had the right technique
>>
>>37656715
>it's genetics
If you're malnourished throughout your childhood you don't grow as much.
Sounds like you had plenty of excess calories as well as a sweet risk of diabetes and kidney stones.
>>
Are you really depressed because of your height? Don't expect any man woman to love you if that's the case.
>>fkin /fit psych srsly
>>
>>37656613
>fix posture
>get shoes with a 1-2 inch boost
>have tall hair
>do your 'grow taller' meditation
>>
>>37656613

sleep.

you grow because youre hosizontal and gravity has no effect, and sleep os when your cells recuperate.

i did it. went. from 5 10 to 6 foot in about 2 years at age 18 to 20.
>>
>>37656613

I'm 5'8", and the obvious advice is to stick to girls that are smaller than you, as most girl obvious prefer taller men that are taller than them IRL. That being said, my ex gf was 6 foot tall, so it's not unheard of. It's not the end of the world, dude. Unless you are like 5'2"
>>
File: thinking.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
>>37656613
Define 'Short as Fuck'

Height is 80% genes and 20% environment

> get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, HGH only released during sleep
> eat right
> exercise regularly and do strength training, only Deadlifts have been clinically proven to increase serum T

If you are [needing to] shaving daily then you are Tanner-5 and realistically you are probably done growing, dont listen to "I grew at 18" and all that, everyone is different with respect to Peak Height Velocity ( PHV )

The absolute BEST resource for predicting Max height is the USASK growth chart. It works best on Caucasian youth that are +/- 2 years from PHV so if you are past that then its not proven to give you the right answer

https://kinesiology.usask.ca/growthutility/phv_ui.php

I can tell you from personal experience with dozens of youth that it is accurate as fuck.
>>
>>37657040
Thanks, that was very helpful. I'm 5'8 by the way.
>>
>>37657082
yeah the best was 6 years ago i had some dad tell their kids were gonna be 6'4 and shit cause "their uncle was tall" or some horse shit -- so i put them through the measurement routine and told them peak hight at 5'10 +/- 1 inch .. both kids are now 5.10 and 5.11 respectively and shave daily ... also they laughed at one kid i said was gonna be 6.2 and he is now 6.3 -- these are only a few examples, there is only 1 kid out of maybe 40 or so that is an outlier and accoriding to their paper that is OK statistically.
>>
>>37657124
measurements have to be perfect .. i mean you really need someone lese helping you and do the "average of 3 measurements" thing its amazing how quickly you can fuck these measurements up
>>
close your eyes, reach for the ceiling and whisper
>grow
>grow
>>
>>37656613
hang yourself, the gravity should give you a good stretch, you may gain an inch.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.