[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muh cardio kills gainz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1463797913281.png (100 KB, 220x237) Image search: [Google]
1463797913281.png
100 KB, 220x237
why are you lazy plebs against cardio so much?

im not talking about running marathons and shit. just a run or 2 a week to keep your heart/lungs healthy.

you guys probably run out of breath after 2 lifts. weak ass lungs.
>>
For people trying to gain weight, cardio I'd an unnecessary burn if calories, which are difficult enough to get
>>
People hate it here because it's actually difficult.

I'll always hate it but you'd have to be retarded to not do it.
>>
>>37655383
personally I feel if I go do cardio, it takes away from my gym sessions, so I don't do it
>>
>>37655399
isnt that just a problem for twigs?

i feel like jogging helps my overall physique. since it hits pretty much every muscle group in one way or another.

when i start bulking a year from now ill probably cut the runs to once a week. even though everyone seems to disagree with it.
>>
>>37655383
You only really need cardio to lose weight and even then, lifting burns calories with the added benefit of building muscle and strength
>>
>>37655452
cardio might use alot of muscles but it does nothing for their strength or size
>>
File: OMHTWbf.jpg (179 KB, 1024x727) Image search: [Google]
OMHTWbf.jpg
179 KB, 1024x727
I always do cardio and lifting.

If you dont do cardio you are asking for heart problems.
>>
>>37655383
Two knee surges on my left knee, and a right knee that was over worked after those knee surgies has just left me scared to do cardio
>>
>>37655383
Any one who isn't doing cardio I feel bad for them.
Any doing any cardio but swimming and bike riding I'm even more sorry for.
>>
>>37655477
thats a genuine excuse. im kinda worried about my knees going out from hereditary problems.

>>37655484
swimming for sure. biking is a bitch where i live. nothing but steep hills.
>>
I chop wood for an hour almost everyday, does that count?
>>
>>37655454
Senpai lifting burns almost nothing compared to running. That meme is false af. Also running (this includes sprinting) is usefull for endurance training (no shit tho) and builds legs (lifting does this more so however).

Regardless working out in General is useless in modern first world society. It's just a hobby now desu
>>
>>37655383
>tfw on cut
>tfw 5 minutes of stair master and I'm dead
>>
>>37655454
>>37655458
>>37655442

Apparently you niggas don't want strong hearts and lungs.
>>
>>37655593
>Senpai lifting burns almost nothing compared to running
I can tell you don't actually lift. if you're on a routine with heavy compounds you will need to eat significantly more than usual. it's not just about the calories burned during the workout, but also all the calories needed to recover.

you also put on muscle mass over time which further increases your need for calories, plus you lift heavier and heavier shit that requires even more food to recover from.
>>
>>37655664
lifting acts as interval training. put a heart rate monitor on during a session of heavy squats and deadlifts and you'll see that your heart works hard as fuck. do this 3-4 times a week and you're well above what's recommended for heart health.

doing cardio on top of this is not about being healthier, it's about being better at doing cardio.
>>
>>37655664
6 hours of strenuous lifting every week, my heart's fine thank you
>>
>>37655666
Checked those satanic trips!
>>
>>37655692
>doing cardio on top of this is not about being healthier, it's about being better at doing cardio.

I'm sure it helps with endurance for things like sex and sports.
>>
>>37655714
you put all that work in to become as strong as aesthetic as possible, yet forget the one muscle that the rest of them rely on. :^)
>>
>>37655666
That Sri doesn't answer the basic question. Cardio, for me at least, is necessary for making gains as it increases my work capacity. I do 15mins of interval jump rope and I can see am increase in my work capacity even on a cut.

Also fucking sick trips nigga.
>>
>>37655399
Just eat a spoon of peanut butter when you finish your cardio. That wasn't so hard.
>>
>>37655784
how does doing something that works out my heart translate to not working out my heart, friendo?
>>
>>37655692
The heart gains from lifting are not the same as you get from regular cardio. They affect the body differently, you should do regular cardio as well.
I can't be fucked looking up sources because I'm going to bed now, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.
>>
I do cardio on my rest days for endurance. It's made me a much better, stronger, and faster hiker. If you don't need that shit and just want to look swole, skipping cardio is just fine. You're getting enough from just lifting.
>>
>>37655437
>literally doing nothing but fucking up your knees and hip joints for half an hour
>difficult
I bet you can't OHP 1 pl8 you dyel loser, I do cardio (bicycle) and I swam and I ran, but I only enjoy cycling because at least there you're going somewhere, running is so fucking boring I want to kill myself, same with swimming.

You only lose your breath and get sweaty, in the end you feel like shit because you did nothing but literally killing your gains.

KYS you cardio bunnies
>>
>>37655971
>t.fatass

running gets you there too. if you're actually healthy enough to keep going. i listen to music and run few miles. feels pretty damn good when you finish just like lifting.

my heart and lungs are stong enough i can run until my legs give out if i want. nothing else stops me.
>>
>>37655692
Cardio=endurance
>>
>>37655546
abselutely fucking yes if you push if you try to get as much done as possible in that time
>>
>>37655383
Cardio is my favorite thing desu. I put on music and get lost in the running.
>>
File: 15456166.jpg (98 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
15456166.jpg
98 KB, 2000x1000
>>37656384
this guy knows whats up
>>
>>37655692
Doing cardio (aerobic) increases the number of capillaries going to your muscles. This allows more blood flow, increasing oxygen usage and delivering more nutrients. This helps increase your gains by better recovery.

Lifting/intervals is an anaerobic exercise. It has nothing to do with helping your heart. Your heart just beats faster to help deliver the energy needed to do the lift. If you do cardio, it helps your muscles get the energy to lift heavier and faster. This results in strength and power gains.

The two complement each other, but work differently. Don't skimp on cardio. Stop being afraid of cardio. Cardio is easy as fuck. I got way better gains when I stoppe listening to fuckwits like you.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.