[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> not using clips on the smith machine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1378318733407.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1378318733407.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
> not using clips on the smith machine.
>>
>using the smith machine
>>
>>37654622
>not using the smith machine as a source of injury free squatting

dyel senpai
>>
>>37655058
why the fuck would you use clips when the smith machine literally cannot tip or dump any weight?

you fucking dingus
>>
>>37655072
ever heard of earthquakes you frick? they're kind of like what happens every time you sit down
>>
Why would people use clips at all? Seems to me if your weights are sliding your form is fucked and the clips are just covering up your shit lifts.
>>
>not using a belt for squats
>>
>>37654600
>needing clips for bench

fix your form

>needing clips for squats

fix your form

>needing clips for diddlys

don't drop the bar faggot, since your form is shit for everything else fix your diddly form too

>needing clips for OHP when not going for a PR

fix your form
>>
>>37655097

When you're moving a lot of weight you will understand. The plates shift a lot more when there is 5+ of them on the bar, and it is distracting.
>>
>>37655058
>not squatting in a machine that guaruntees improper from, and this injury over time
Subtle troll anon, i like it.

Free weghts are dangerous, and mark rippetoe knows less about lifting than shitposers on /fit/ amirite?
Le summerfags shouldnt fall for ss meme xD
>mfw leg day
>mfw i don't have a face (look at me without a face! I am so silly and randum)
>>
>>37655122
>don't drop the bar faggot, since your form is shit for everything else fix your diddly form too
you've never deadlifting heavy weight, the point is to keep the weight even
>OHP
The point is to keep the weight through the clean and your pressing motiongs

I can tell you're a DYEL
>>
>>37655122
>accidents never happen, and are only planned and deserved.
Silly mentality, fampai

>clips on bench
Dangerous, do not do this.
Better to fuck the equipment up than the self. Just try to prevent the bar from flying too far away when the weight slams it down.

>clips on dead
Literally why? How crooked is your spine that this is an issue?

>clips on floor press
Understandable, if the plates touch the ground without crusing you, or if you are in the power rack with the lowest set of safeties..

>clips on oly lifts
Essential, except for babbyweight warm ups, even heavier warm ups reauire them
>clips on squats
No reason not to use them. Only a fool actively avoids safety. Plus them micro microplate gains

>clips on rows
A great idea, just to keep the weights symmetrical on the bar

>using the smith machine
KYS
>>
>>37655240
Yea, because nobody presses out of a rack ever..

I 99% agree with you, but obvi he was talking about ohp not clean and press
>>
>>37655290
if you're not cleaning your OHP before you press it you're needlessly using a rack

Im not saying you clean it every rep, just every set
>>
>>37655276
>clips on dead
the weights get uneven as the weight hits the floor

The point of clips is to make sure the weight doesnt get uneven on lifts where they may get uneven

I never use it on my warmup sets and never needed to (except OHP), but working with your working weight without clips for every lift except bench is retarded
>>
There is only a smith machine in the little free gym that i go
Should If I feel Bad?
>>
>>37654622
/thread
>>
>>37655094
holy shit nice
>>
>>37655122
There's absolutely no reason not to use clips on every single lift. You'll still recruit muscles more evenly if you avoid imbalanced weight displacement, however slight, at any moment of your set.
>>
>>37655072
jesus christ i cant be the only one reading every reply in buscemis voice
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.