[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A female friend of mine picked up smoking after ditching it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1252x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1252x872
A female friend of mine picked up smoking after ditching it for four months because her mom said she was "getting fat". She's doing it again because she thinks cigarettes are going to force her to lose weight.
Can we talk about this /fit/?
I'm no expert but this sounds ridiculous. Can we get some facts in here?
>>
it's true. it's a pretty retarded way of doing it, but it works. nicotine is an appetite suppressant.
>>
tell her to come ot the gym with you and send her some articles about HIIT

tell her she's killing herself because off some offhanded remark her bitch mom made
>>
>>37654529
as a former smoker, smoking lowers your appetite and is a mild stimulant. If weight loss is a concern, suggest that she keeps a food diary or whatever women do. Also, treadmill 30min a day 3X a week. Later increase frequency or time on treadmill.
>>
>>37654529
Its true and it works, but I think its dumb. Honestly if you need something to curb your overeating or something to substitute bored eating, I just munch on sunflower seeds all day. Low cal, pretty healthy, I just hate all the sodium I am getting from it.
>>
Smoking represses hunger pretty well, and adds an activity/substance that replaces food at certain points fairly well.

For example, instead of your usual shitty breakfast, you wind up having a coffee and cigarette and some toast or something instead. And instead of idly snacking while you work, you take regular smoke breaks instead. Or replace desert with stepping out for a smoke.

It's like replacing / supplementing addiction to sugar with addiction to nicotine.

Sounds stupid but its surprisingly effective for some people. Unhealthy as shit, but they lose weight either way.
>>
File: 1459474353388.png (217 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1459474353388.png
217 KB, 680x680
>>37654529
>A female friend of mine
FUCKING NORMALFAGS INVADING MY 4CHAN REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37654529
I knew a girl who was cubby and said she knew how to lose 15 -20 pounds in a month, I ask how
>I lost alot of weight one time when I popped molly for 2 weeks straight
>what.jog
>yeah anon I'm gonna try to do that again next week
Some people are just fucking retarded yo
>>
>>37654584
>>37654540
Is being an appetite suppressant the only reason you lose weight? because I honestly don't think she even eats enough as it is. I think she's letting this get to her head and this is why I would like to know about this
>>
>>37654620
women are fucking retarded

ive done some stupid shit in my life but at least I knew and acknowledged that it was stupid
>>
>>37654616
Every fucking thread. Landwhales need to GTFO
>>
yeah cigs and adderall . kill appetite and boost your mood
>>
>>37654620
>this is somehow worse than dnp
>>
>>37654529
I mean, I started vaping a couple weeks ago and haven't fucked up my cut yet. Whenever I'm craving some candy or some bullshit I hit the vape instead. Nicotine+flavor works like a charm
>>
>>37654529

>pick up smoking instead of putting down the fork

she deserves cancer
>>
>>37654638
Well, its a stimulant too. Nicotine raises your heartrate a bit, and just something about smoking makes you lose weight. I don't know the science of it, but its definitely true.
>>
>>37654638
>Is eating less food the only reason you lose weight?

Think about it, retard.
>>
Like all these other anons are saying: smoking is an appetite suppressant.

Children in North Korea took up smoking during the famine of the 1990s to stave off hunger.
>>
>>37654529
The cravings you get for food when you smoke you believe those cravings are for a smoke so you have a smoke and that takes away the urge to eat. Thats why when people quit smoking they usually balloon up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.