[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1397899590456786.jpg (69 KB, 960x688) Image search: [Google]
1397899590456786.jpg
69 KB, 960x688
I've been lifting for some time now, but an instructor commented on my posture being incorrect. So I tried to change my posture, but I can't fix it just by standing straight. I basically got "Forward Head" in pic related. If I try to correct it, I kind of get Lordosis, I can't get my back and neck completely straight.

So far I've just lifting, but my form isn't perfect and I think it's due to my posture.

Is there any exercise or something to at least reduce the bad posture?
>>
>>37651082
Posture is muscular, skeletal and neurological. You've got to retrain your muscles to hold the new position and potentially reform your spine depending on how long you've had poor posture as your discs tend to turn into wedges after long term excess kyphosis/lordosis. Planks, bridges, side planks, that sort of thing should help. Basically anything that is going to force you to work on having to maintain proper posture under tension should help you correct things.

An issue I've had is when I'm in school and wind up studying/programming 8+ hours a day; my neck always goes to that forward position with a slight down tilt. I stacked some stuff under my monitor to raise it to seated eye level and started to force my shoulder blades together while sitting and that's corrected most of it so far. So if you sit at a pc for any length of time I'd suggest modifying your desk to be more ergonomic.
>>
>>37651082
Me on the second from the left
>>
>>37651346
I have changed my sitting position, but I was wondering if you can also do exercise or stretching to sort of reduce it
>>
check this, senpais.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/posture-power-how-to-correct-your-body-alignment.html

has exercises and stretches for the most common posture issues.
>>
>>37651082
reposting from qtddtot

The mains you need to do planks + warrior stretches

There are plenty of other things you can add to fix this but from what i've seen these are the most effective and must be done every day.

I also found this useful for correcting chest position and neck tilt + overall better posture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8
>>
>>37652654
I don't get it. These aren't exercises, so is this just stuff I'm supposed to do all day long?
>>
facepulls!
>>
>>37651082
How is he taller in the first pic than the perfect form one
>>
>>37654039
With good posture you have slight lumbar lordosis and thoracic kyphosis. He went from having no bend in the spine(which is bad), to having bend in the spine.
>>
>>37653185
yes. keeping yourself in these positions will feel uncomfortable at first but eventually they will become natural. but you do need to do stretches and exercises on top. what this shows you is that how you hold yourself is also important for posture, its not just exercises.

I have been constantly checking and readjusting myself for 4 months now and stretching on top. It's not a fast process but my posture has greatly improved. I hadn't even thought about chest tilt until i saw this video and now i finally feel in a position where i'm starting to look like the last pic on ops post.
>>
OP, do you wear glasses? Eyesight can be a cause of forward head.
>>
File: Against the Wind.jpg (13 KB, 211x545) Image search: [Google]
Against the Wind.jpg
13 KB, 211x545
>>37651082
Here's what I've got
>>
>>37651082
Lift weights to fix posture. Read sticky.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.