[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'''Help me poop better, /fit/'''
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 300x307) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 300x307
'''Help me poop better, /fit/'''
Since you people actually pay attention to what you eat, I'm hoping somebody's got some good advice.

>used to drop turds like a pro
> wiping not even required
> got sick and went on some pretty strong antibiotics
>shits have been goop ever since

It's been going on for about 3 years now.
I've tried making any diet changes I saw recommended online, but give up after a few weeks because they don't work. I've also tried different probiotic supplements, yogurt, fermented foods for months, but nothing seems to work.

I'm currently giving psyllium husk another go. My poop is still far from solid, but the fiber makes it bind a bit better, and wipe much cleaner.

Any ideas?
>>
>>37650570
Well shit op, you triggered my trap card.

>anti biotics

Your guts bacteria, the good ones have been kill. You need to get probiotics to get them unkill.

But chances are that without them, your gut PH value is bad as well. So you need to lower it while you use probiotics as well.

The fastest way to unfuck yourself is with poop pills (though expensive), the middle way is the more hard and expensive probiotics. The cheapest way is kefir and lower end probiotics.
>>
>>37650593
I drank kefir and kombucha daily (kombucha for a few weeks, then kefir for a couple months) and it really just gave me awful smelling farts. No change in shitting experience.
>>
>>37650570

Get a poop transplant...not even joking.
>>
>>37650618
I've obviously read about them, but I have no idea what you do. See a doc for a recommendation to see a gastro?
Also money. I live in Australia, but I'm on foreigners health coverage, so i get pretty screwed over.
>>
>>37650617
>>37650617
Its a very difficult topic. Some say that it doesnt work

http://h2probiotics.com/news-misinterpreted-headlines

others still show potent results in mice

https://www.rt.com/usa/347239-probiotics-cure-autism-study/

But the poop pill thing should work in gastro whatever problems.

Havent you asked your doc?
>>
>>37650644
> implies I've got my life together.
I haven't had a real doctors appointment since it began. Just once because of tonsillitis. Was great to get another dose of stupidly strong antibiotics...
>>
>>37650570
After beginning Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength barbell routine, I have seem to encountered many negative side effects that were not mentioned in the book. Mainly, I discovered what seems to be an inverse correlation between squat strength and the efficiency at which I wipe my anus. Before I started the program it took me approximately 5 strokes (this is a rough estimate seeing how I had not begun keeping track until recently) to sufficiently clean my self after a bowel movement. However, after 9 weeks of SS it takes me an average of 8.25 wipes before my toilet paper returns without fecal matter present. My chief hypothesis is that my glutes have hypertrophied to a size that interferes with an objects ability to enter my rectum. This confuses me because homosexuals seem to find a large bottom desirable, and if my hypothesis is valid then big glutes would actually impede anal intercourse. Nevertheless, I have been forced to experiment with different techniques and entry angles to effectively clean myself. However, I worry about going to deep while wiping in fear of stimulating my prostate, enjoying it, and discovering I am in fact a homosexual. If anyone has encountered this problem and created similar hypothesis I would enjoy hearing them.
>>
>>37650634
Yea that sucks, I cant get the poop pills either. But mostly because our country doesnt have that as the standard package. We barely got one research institute that packages these started up a couple of months back.

Still, even with coverage it could get expensive.

But should you choose the medium expensive route, I would suggest also trailing close behind your PH value of your stomach.

Its mostly just speculation, and also a bit hard science. But our modern diets changed our PH value, making some of the good bacteria keel.

You should include more sauerkraut in your diet and less sugars. Theoretically it should make your stomach flora thing more normal over longer periods of time.

All the other options in my mind are even looser and even further away from science, these probiotic things are the closest that you could get to a proper, working solution most likely.
>>
>>37650694
The frustrating part for me is that I work at a health food cafe/shop. I have access to 3 square meals of clean food catering to whatever diet I wish, and easy access to yogurt and sauerkraut (both of which I eat daily.)

Still got them nasty shits. With the fiber I'm doing now, I'm cleaning up better, but I'm farting like crazy and my shits are coming at irregular times, and not giving me much warning before I'm going to shit myself.
>>
>>37650694
to add to that, look at this chart and try to get your gut to me more acidic. But dont consume too many of the sugars, avoid softdrinks, they have a whole host of other bad things.

Google other charts for more food types on "acidic foods" or "PH value of foods" or something like that.

Besides that you should also try to find a potent probiotic. They all should preferably be pill formed to pass through the stomach acid. Because otherwise they get killed mostly by the stomach acid (like the kefir)

Just find one with a diverse amount of strains, that number in the billions, otherwise the amount is just too small to make a dent. The poop pills probably are 100X more efficient than normal, or lower end probiotic pills.
>>
>>37650732
here is another source of why its important to keep good PH in your stomach.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heartburn-meds-alter-the-gut/
>>
>>37650732
You keep saying acidic. Everything I've seen and heard about has been pushing towards alkaline, not acidic. Why acidic?
>>
>>37650757
because of this>>37650751
>>
>>37650732
Seeing how the stomach is a pH of ~2 unless you're chugging something less than 2 pH you're actually making your stomach more basic.

>>37650570
Gf is IBS-C and experiences more or less what you're describing. She's been put on a low FODMAP diet that's been helping a bit. Probiotics did fuck all for her and she's considering a fecal transplant. Best of luck
>>
>>37650763
My research had turned up mostly with a healthy pH being 7.4, in fairly certain the effects of acid blockers go far beyond slight dietary changes.
>>
>>37650570
Eat real food.

/Thread
>>
>>37650618
I knew the day will come, when westerners will start eating shit. Indians will complement your nations nicely.
>>
>>37650776
But you can certainty make it more difficult for your stomach for staying that with with certain foods. Especially when the gut biome is disrupted. Getting it from alkaline, into acidic may require quite a lot of trouble.
>>
>>37650776
I've been looking into trying a low FODMAP diet, but so far I've been too lazy to learn which foods need to be avoided.
Avoiding gluten? Easy. No wheat products.
Avoiding FODMAPS? You better have a list handy before you eat anything.
>>
>>37650783
What research? You did research on this yourself? Dont bullshit me. The link I provided has been done by a bunch of universities.

Well whatever, if you dont want this advice, you are free to fuck up your gut on your own desire.
>>
>>37650792
It's a self regulating system. Any significant change in pH will be mediated by the body. It's like the nut jobs trying to change their blood pH through diet. Your respiration will change to prevent any swings in pH.

This shit is meme tier bioscience.
>>
>>37650802
The link you posted was about the effects of PPI on gut flora biodiversity. pH was scarcely mentioned and only has a responding variable. 4/10 sciencing
>>
>>37650799
Yeah it's incredibly restrictive and convoluted.

Basically limit yourself to chicken, white rice and a select few vegetables for a month and then slowly introduce foods.

Soy is out, but tofu is okay because of how it was processed. No onions or garlic but chives are fine. Makes cooking for her absolutely miserable but we've seen some small improvements. Mostly that her farts aren't melting my face.
>>
>>37650804
>>37650814
hm, perhaps I should read more into it then I guess. I may have overlooked that thing with the PPI.
>>
>>37650786
Smelly farts are not part of my current ailments. I struggled to get acclimated to fiber (kept taking too much, was afraid I'd not be getting enough) but now that my body's used to it, I don't have egg farts anymore.

Any other food suggestions besides chicken and rice? Don't much fancy eating that every meal every day.
>>
>>37650757
I may have it reversed then, perhaps the push should be towards the alkaline then. Considering how soft drinks are on the left side of the chart, and most people drink them on mass... While the right side of the chart is the less represented. It irked me before.

So I wonder what the exact ranges are for the healthy stomach bacteria. Candida for example then thrives in acidic environments?
>>
>>37650827
>>37650848
Shit, replied to the wrong comment.
>>
tets
>>
>>37650865
so to add to that, this seems legit though, and it mentions alkaline stomach contents.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/ph-levels-candida.htm
>>
>>37650848
There's a lot of resources out there for a full list of all FODMAP friendly foods. My gf found a list of them that included "safe" quantities of foods that contain the oligosacharides or whatever. Hard cheeses are fine, potatoes and sweet potatoes are fine, pretty much all animal based proteins are okay too.

The vegetables are the only real restrictive part other than the inclusion of wheat in fucking everything.
>>
>>37650865
"there are very few scientific studies backing up these diets, and increasing your blood pH to 7.45 or above can even be dangerous. This results in a condition known as alkalosis, with symptoms ranging from hand tremors to full muscle spasms. What really matters for Candida sufferers though, is that an alkaline environment in your intestines is exactly what your Candida overgrowth needs."
>>
>>37650894
I'm pretending so hard that I don't fit the symptoms for FODMAP sensitivity because I don't want to restrict my diet... Fuck, I should start it.
>>
>>37650916
It's not too bad. I'm half-assing it with her for support and I make everything with garlic and onions and cheese and I'm still not finding it hard. Get creative with spices and it's all good. I've been having shit like curry chicken and coconut rice for breakfast and rosemary chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.
>>
>>37650910
I like this article a lot on the stomach flora, its pretty good to summarize many of the things.

http://www.neuroscientificallychallenged.com/blog/microbes-and-the-mind

Still, its not nice to encounter lore that you believed to be true, which actually is very loose.

Some tests seem to indicate that probiotics work. Others dont. Others still say that poop transplants work. Yet probiotics are basically a shittier version of those. Then there is the mention of the PH value (which supposedly doesnt change much, yet some articles mention that candida works well, or not well with certain ranges that may or may not be attainable with the default value of your gut)

Its hard to find something that may work. To know the exact time, and amount of things to change your gut when there is so little research done on this topic.

If your stomach is the same PH no matter what, does that mean that the PH value of your small intestines may change? Because that is where the candida lives.
>>
>>37650960
>Your digestive tract’s pH can range from 1.5 to 7.0

lol so yea its that, so the theory still holds true on needing to potentially lower your ph value with foods.
>>
File: intestinal-microflora-4101.jpg (38 KB, 410x351) Image search: [Google]
intestinal-microflora-4101.jpg
38 KB, 410x351
>>37650971
So I was right all along, the above anon had autism and didnt realize that "stomach flora" and "gut" were related to not just the acidic content of the first part of the digestive system. I shouldnt have retracted my comment. He was just retarded.

Pushing his dumb fodmap shit when this is just as valid.
>>
File: DigestiveTract.jpg (66 KB, 250x343) Image search: [Google]
DigestiveTract.jpg
66 KB, 250x343
>>37651009
pic related

>muh can only be 2.0 PH otherwise it fucks up

the stomach flora dont live in that place. Nothing lives in that place. That anon clearly has no idea what the fuck he is talking about.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.