[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any medfags on fit today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1451268347407.jpg (10 KB, 238x211) Image search: [Google]
1451268347407.jpg
10 KB, 238x211
Hi fa.m, please advise.
I've been in snap city for 5 months now due to injured right wrist. Been too much of a curlbro.
So I quit working out because of injury, but it has taken 5 months to heal now.
I went to see my local doctor and he told me it was a ganglion in right wrist, although I never thought it looked like it had swelled up.
He told me it should take 2-3 months before I'm ready to return to gym, but now after 5 months, it still isn't perfect.
It still hurts a bit when I grab heavy stuff, at certain angles.

Should I return today? Or wait it out probably another 3 months before it's perfect.
I'm thinking of avoiding curls and seeing if maybe the press, DLs and bps are fine.
Any advice is appreciated
>>
>>37648665

You can try wrapping your wrist to provide support. However, if you do have a ganglion cyst pressing will agitate it - at least it does in my case. They do come and go, so with time you should be alright.

Good luck.
>>
Wrists and ankle injuries always take forever to heal and will still hurt for like 2 years afterwards. I'd say just tough it out and do whatever you feel like if its already been 5 months.

You probably should have done some physical therapy for it when it happened.
>>
Had surgery on a tendon in my ankle and 2 years later I'm just getting to do leg work outs. These things are fucking tooth picks now. May zyzz have mercy on my body
>>
File: Ganglion-Cyst-Treatment-in-NYC.jpg (336 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
Ganglion-Cyst-Treatment-in-NYC.jpg
336 KB, 1200x750
>>37648691
Is it easy to spot on you? Is it actually like a growth like pic here? I can't see anything resembling that, but my doc was pretty sure..

>>37648698
Thanks man, I'll go back and just take it easy, figure out what works and what doesn't. Physical therapy.. I'm not so sure, it hasn't helped me much before when I had soccer injuries.

>>37648713
Damn that sucks man. My body usually heals pretty fast, but this is something else.. Zyzz guide me
>>
>>37648735

I have a question:

How much did you curl? I'm just wondering because I am curling a somewhat decent amount of reps everyday and don't want to hurt myself.
>>
>>37649052
Well it was at least every second day, some times back to back days.
Did 5 sets of 8 reps, then another movement, and back to 5 sets of 8 reps.
It worked great for the first 4-5 months, but started hurting after a while.
The weight startet at 22 pounds and progressed to 40 pounds. After a couple of weeks at 40 pounds it just wouldnt work anymore
and I was fucked in the entire right hand for months before I could even hold my phone again..

Hope you can learn from my mistake, I hope I will as well.
>>
>>37649105

I'm currently doing 20-40 x 5 with 25 pound weights everyday. Is it a bit too much? It's not 40 pounds but it's also high volume.

Also, thanks for the info.
>>
>>37649123
It's very high volume, so I would advise to give your muscles time to recover before you go at it again, at least one day between. I suck at following my own advice, and so I'm now in snap city..
My new plan is to work all muscles twice a week, but still going to gym 6 days.

But why would you do so many reps?
That sounds more like cardio than weight training.
>>
>>37649166

Alright, will do. I just wanted fast forearm gains and since the 25 pounders were really light, I thought I could do it that high.

I'm not a medfag, but I'm a nursefag student. If you aren't feeling confident about your wrist, then I'd recommend you find a PT or an OT. Modern technology in these places are mind blowing (saw an antigravity treadmill once) and will more than likely will have something to help you get back on track.

If you cannot afford a PT, then start with low weight and don't move way to fast. This is how a lot of PT's treat their patients. As time goes by, your injury may or may not heal completely. The human bone is designed to recover even stronger after it is broken. Going heavy is not recommended if it still hurts. Even with a brace or support, a 40 pound curl can overpower it.
>>
>>37649210
Yeah I see. Heavy weights are the way to go if you want fast gains.
Doing 5 reps and 5 sets is really all it should take, on one muscle group.
The weights should be so heavy that you can barely finish the last rep, but do have good form always.
If you feel your form slipping on some of the reps, go a bit lighter, but again, try to have them as heavy as possible.
I'm former king skelly, but I managed to go from 145 pounds to almost 190 in half a year with 5 reps and 5 sets on all the movements.
Sadly, with a pit stop in snap city, I'm down to 160 pounds again now.

I don't want a PT, at all. But my plan is very similar to what you propose.
I'm gonna start back at 20pound weights again, and probably avoid curls all together for a while.
>>
>>37649247

This may be the most retarded question, but 1 rep is for both arms right?

And yeah, avoid curls.
>>
>>37649265
Yeah, I was doing curls with dumbells,
so 1 rep is one lift on both arms (so two lifts total).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.