[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your wins!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 3-15-41.png (1 MB, 1439x1373) Image search: [Google]
3-15-41.png
1 MB, 1439x1373
Made a new post ankle surgery max on dead lift today. Inspire me with your gym wins. Pic related, me pulling 465 this evening.
>>
120 OHP for 5x5... Pullups brah, they help everything.
>>
>>37647491
fucking lanklets

i had muscular legs with tear-drops on quads and separation on hamstrings with literally 2 plate squats and 3 plate deadlifts, while this lanklet still has DYEL mode legs at 4.5 plate deadlift

so much for the lanklets being masterrace
>>
>>37647491

Your hand position is all kinds of fucked up. Tbh if you figured out whether you were pulling sumo or conventional and put your hands straight down from your shoulders you could probably pull 40 lbs more.
>>
>>37647548
Thanks for the critique, any suggestions on fixing?
>>
>>37647530
Lol yea Jamaican calves man, great for sprinting... Not very aesthetic
>>
>>37647569
feet should be shoulder width.

do a vertical jump and take note of the position of your feet beforehand. that's where you'll be the strongest.
>>
>>37647491
For anyone that has any tips on getting to 500, vid is here https://www.instagram.com/p/BG8JgMTGwQa/. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>37647608
Hmm, pretty sure it really depends on the body type. Positioning my elbows just beyond my knees provides the most leverage for me. As opposed to over the knees as suggested (straight down from shoulder) or inside the knees ala sumo.
>>
File: conventionaldeadlift2.png (307 KB, 777x501) Image search: [Google]
conventionaldeadlift2.png
307 KB, 777x501
>>37647632
no im talking about your foot position. your arms should always be right outside your knees when pulling conventional but your stance is too wide, so when you bring your stance in your arms should follow suit to be right next to the knees.

if you find your foot position using the vertical jump test i talked about your foot position will be narrower and you'll be in a more powerful position.

compare pic related to yours
>>
>>37647732
Good point, appreciate the tip Anon. I'll see if moving the feet closer provide some more power.
>>
>>37647759
It's not about power it's about having your arms straight down so the range of motion is the least it can possibly be.
>>
>>37647759
If you feel uncomfortable with your feet at shoulder width try sumo. What you do right now if just bad.
>>
>>37649199
True, but bad for who? I feel fine, am obviously lifting a healthy amount of weight (I do lift for power), and am seeing great results. I mean we can nit pick on form all day but at the end of the day that weight was lifted in a controlled manner. I experience pain using other grips and I know for a fact I'm not going to be disqualified at a power meet because my arms are not where you might think they should be. Regardless, I appreciate the help and I'll try your way out. However, lifting form also takes into account your unique body mechanics and after almost 10 years of deadlifting and re learning certain things due to ankle surgery this stance works for me and again works extremely well. As always, thank you for your time anon.
>>
>>37649167
Wew lad. Did you pass geometry?
>>
>>37647569

Lift the bar up to your throat then drop it on your knees
It promotes great muscle gains and skeletal density through minor trauma
>>
>>37649167
Moving feet further away from one another brings your arms closer to the ground.
>>
>>37647491
Finally got my 5plate dead the other day. Feels good.
>>
I am two months into Starting Strength and I just squatted/DL'd 155 for reps. I know it's not much compared to some of the numbers I see around here, but it feels fucking good to have done it, especially since I barely managed 100 when I started.
>>
File: diddly.png (646 KB, 640x812) Image search: [Google]
diddly.png
646 KB, 640x812
I got a 200kg x5 diddly today, pretty easy, probably could have had another rep. Did 2x220kg afterward for fun also.
>>
>>37647615
If you're aiming for strength why are do doing touch and go.

It's a deadlift you ain't playing basket ball don't bounce that shit off the floor
>>
Your stance and grip are way too wide for a conventional deadlift and yet your stance is too narrow for a sumo.

Literally what are you doing
>>
>>37653015

A lot of the best deadlifters in the world have a crazy wide conventional stance. It's all personal, there is no best width for grip or stance.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.