[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate's friend is studying exercise sciences and he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_04811.jpg (793 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_04811.jpg
793 KB, 1536x2048
My roommate's friend is studying exercise sciences and he designed a workout routine for the both of us.

Is this a good routine?

I was damned to not find deadlifts or squats in it. What can I swap to add those?
>>
Why do people need a degree in this?
>>
>>37643770
What does this guy look like? Is this the routine he uses?
>>
>>37643770
It's bad, read the sticky
>>
>>37643828
>>37643828
He designed an experimental workout routine for us to utilize
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 256x192
>>37643770
Read this
>>
hahaha tell him its a great idea meanwhile you do a real program and make tons of gains and he'll look like an idiot
>>
>>37643770
why in fucks name are the rep schemes all over the place
>>
>>37643889
well that's fucking dumb since people far more educated on the subject have already developed programs that are available for free on the googlenet
>>
>>37643889
What university level courses teach the exercise sciences as far as routine building is to build a balanced routine. They may understand what builds strength and muscle, but there is no practical application of the theories.

This, without knowing your goals, is a very bad routine. You have no sense of progression, exercises are just thrown in there. Rep ranges are mixed up, thus the relative intensity of exercises in the same workout are fucked. The important exercises (compound movements) aren't given priority, which has an effect on exercises that are done later in the workout that use those muscles.

It can be fun to build your own workouts, but there's no shame in falling back onto the basics because the basics are all you need. When you stop needing the basics, you add exercises that help you progress in the basics, and then continue doing the basics.
>>
>>37643770
your friend should get a refund
>>
Is he a freshman who took one exercise science class and thinks he's an expert?
>>
>>37643995
The maelstrom of reps and exercises is all about muscle confusion. Duh.
>>
>>37643770
This is kind of weird. I study exercise science and we legit do nothing about actual exercise. Everything is just biomechanics or biochemistry or anatomy/physiology or clinical work for diseased populations.
>>
>>37643889
If you don't like SS/SL for whatever reason, you could try PPL.But any program that doesn't have the main lifts in there is bad.
>>
>>37643964
>>37643990
I don't know any programs to choose.

Atm I'm trying to lose some belly fat quickly but also looking to build muscle
>>
>>37644028
That's probably just him thinking he knows best.

My friend that was in exercise science courses always got hung up on little things and was always worrying about optimizing every little detail to the point I had to tell him to step back and look at the big picture and stick to a tried and true routine.
>>
>>37644054
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
from sticky
>>
The best (and possible the only good) advice I ever got from /fit/ was only to trust lifting advice from people who are in better shape than yourself. I urge you to take this advice with your friend.
>>
>>37644184
The only problem with that is people who are on steroids are in better shape than you. If you follow their recommendations, being that they can handle much more training volume than you because they roid, you will die.
>>
>>37643770
>hanging leg raise
>each side
>studying exercises

You got me OP, I had to read it twice. 10/10 bait.
>>
>>37644299
You can do that, for the obliques. Just twist your body.
>>
>>37644184
That's pretty terrible advice, there's plenty of big people that have no fucking clue how to train properly yet may look good just due to the fact they've been training for a long fucking time and/or may be on steroids and have no real clue how to train properly.
>>
>>37643770
>studying exercise sciences
>wasting years just to get a job at mcdonalds afterwards
>>
>>37644054

I don't hate you and everything that people like you stand for. I want to, but I don't.

I pity you, because I can see that this was probably well intended while ending up as just another shitty fucking post in the middle of a whole shit-post season where ignorant individuals come to a board like this and ask dumb-ass shit like you just did.

We have a singular post for the unlearned fuckers who come and shit their uneducated thoughts into our eyes. Its tacked up right on the damn top of the front goddamn page.
BUT, your gullible self trots in and is too lazy to read the literature that is spoon fed into your mouth.
Did you really expect your goofy-ass freshman friend who just took his first exercise science class to poop out a fucking top shelf routine when he can't spell deadlift correctly on the first try?

No his routine is dumb, its complicated and wrong. Objectively the incorrect way to do things.

just fucking google beginner weightlifting program you damn baboon
>>
>>37643889
>Experimental routine

Totally a good idea. Humans have completely evolved in the past 10 years. Fuck the sticky, the proven results over literally all of human history is now obsolete.

Your friend who is STUDYING for a degree clearly knows more than every other doctor and/or advanced lifter out there.

Bold Move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for you.
>>
>>37643978
To gain the confuse.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.