[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does the 10 calories come from? No protein, no fat, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: diet-mt-dew.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
diet-mt-dew.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
Where does the 10 calories come from?

No protein, no fat, and less than 1g of carb.

Something isn't adding up
>>
If I recall correctly, it has to do with the way those things are rounded up or down.
>>
>>37642637
They don't have to report calories under 5.
>>
>Drinking the carbonated jew

I can forgive energy drinks since I'm guilty of that, but soda has zero redeeming qualities to it.
>>
>>37642637
>>37642664
This
Products can be over 0 calories and still legally be called zero calorie
>>
>>37642664
>>37642682

But the bottle has 10 calories and the label shows the info for the bottle size as well as the serving size.

I can see where it's less than 5 calories and they round to 0, then list nothing for protein/carb/fat, but when they actually have a calorie source on the table (which is the 10 calories for the bottle serving), they don't have to tell you what the source of that 10 calories is?

If I'm not being clear it's not about things being listed as 0 calories; it's about having calories listed and not giving their sources
>>
It's basically tricky rounding math. I don't know the exact guidelines but they claim 2.5 servings per bottle (who the hell drinks 2/5ths of a bottle of soda and leaves the rest for later?). If it's below a certain amount "per serving" they can legally round it down to zero.

The biggest offender on this IMO is nonstick cooking spray. They call "one serving" like 1/3 of a second spray, and this lets them round it down to zero calories.

Of course, most people who use these kinds of products don't care anyway.
>>
>>37642682
To that end, advertising researcher types have figured out that there are macho douchebags out there who won't buy zero calorie drinks because "they're for chicks" or some such nonsense but apparently they will buy something with a few calories in it so they can drink diet shit and not feel tiny-dicked about it.
>>
>>37642900

Lol, when I drank soda, I used to love that Dr. Pepper Ten stuff. I was all like "IMMA LOSE WEIGHT, BUT IT'S NOT DIET SO IT'S NOT GAY!"
>>
>>37642680
You're retarded. Energy drinks are literally soda with caffeine. And MtnDew has caffeine in it as well, about 15mg, more than Coke (which has 10mg) and about half of what standard energy drinks have (32mg). Values are per 100ml.
>>
>>37642637
Ok so it has <1g carb which means <4cal. That leaves us with >6cal which probably comes from the borminated vegetable oil. One gram of fat has 9cal. Total amount of fat is listed as 0g so it's probably a maximum of 0.5g, which would account for 4.5cal. This gives us <8.5cal.
Citric acid also has 2.5cal/g and is not a carb/fat/protein and this is probably the case with some of the other ingredients. This probably amounts to 10cal or they rounded it somewhere along the way.
>>
>>37642700
Preservatives, flavor, and the bull semen/battery acid amalgamate used give that classic 'Dew flavor all contribute.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.