[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone wear gloves letting weights? I'm planning to use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 547x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 547x453
Anyone wear gloves letting weights? I'm planning to use them because I'm getting tired of getting blisters. I know some of you will say only fags use these but come on realistically it's better to use gloves then none at all.
>>
>>37640751
Been thinking about it myself.
Tired of losing reps not because of getting tired but because of 60-80 lbs pinching the fuck out of my palm.
>>
I stole some a while back, I don't bring them to the gym anymore

>tried using nailpolish to paint the pink nike symbol to purple, very obvious and poorly done

>womens gloves but fit perfectly on my hands

but yeah Im starting to get some calluses and those gloves did help for sure
>>
>>37640751
>I know some of you will say only fags use these
Don't worry about them, just make sure they match your purse otherwise you'll look stupid.
>>
>>37640751
you're probably gripping too high in your hand so it pinches excessively. callus build up can be dealt with easily with a rough paddle.

the main thing is your grip is reduced using gloves (because of added girth and proprioceptive reasons) so if you plan on getting serious you should learn how to and train your grip anyway.

>>37640952
kek
>>
>>37640751
Gloves impede lifting ability/grasp on the bar.

I could not imagine trying to clean or snatch with gloves on.

Callouses are no big deal, literally just scratch at them with your fingernails in the shower, and they wont get too big or thick, or even noticeable.

And for things like suicide grip pressing, i wouldnt dare trust gloves.
>>
>>37640751
>Anyone wear gloves
yes women
>>
>>37640952
>not wearing matching your weightlifting shoes and gloves with your purse and phone cover
>not having smooth hands for purposes of giving buttery hand jobs to a real man with calloused hands
Not gonna make it, fampai
>>
>>37640751

>Getting BLISTERS from lifting weights

You are doing it wrong. Do SS and learn how to grip the bar correctly you goddamn newfag.

>>37640783

Learn how to grip the bar correctly you goddamn newfag.

And both of you retards lrn2chalk
>>
>>37640751
Most gloves suck.
Use Bandages.
I use cheap Adidas bandages and love them.
https://www.amazon.de/adidas-Bandage-Boxing-Crepe-ADIBP03-BK-25/dp/B001F79XDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466537070&sr=8-1&keywords=bandagen+adidas
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with wearing gloves

t. glove user
>>
Lol at the people who still believe wearing gloves makes them less than a man. I didn't know using your head was looked down upon but most of you are just meat heads anyway. Brain over Bron
>>
i'm not exactly which lifts you want gloves for but a better alternative might be these strap glove-like things

they inherently protect from calus and give better grip using the same mechanism as a hook grip or mix grip
>>
File: 81UqfcoDJWL._SL1500_.jpg (193 KB, 1278x1500) Image search: [Google]
81UqfcoDJWL._SL1500_.jpg
193 KB, 1278x1500
>>37641137
forgot pic
>>
>>37641133
It's hard to take a guy who can't spell "brawn" all that seriously.
>>
>>37641137
>using the same mechanism as a hook grip or mix grip
you mean friction...?
>>
>>37641200
Phone Auto corrected me to the wrong word. Apologies.
>>
>>37641133
>my hands hurts so lefts cover it in leather and everything will be better
BRAINS
>>
>>37641206
yeah the friction from the leather strap is the same kind of friction from thumb or mix grip as the bar can't roll out of your hands
>>
>>37641115
>silky smooth handjobs
>wrong
Pick one
>>
>>37641153
>when you're not quire ready to come out of the closet
>>
>>37641237
you wanna name me a different kind of friction?
>>
File: HTB1fIqcJXXXXXckXFXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg (122 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
HTB1fIqcJXXXXXckXFXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg
122 KB, 850x850
>>37640751
>>37641137
Don't forget to get gloves with forearm support.
>>
>>37641225
>autocorrect
>O is on opposite side of keyboard to A and W
okay
>>
>>37640820
>stealing bitch mittens

kys never gonna make it
>>
>>37641289
i'm pointing out the mechanism is the same, no different. have fun taking meds for the rest of your life for that mental disease tho
>>
>>37640751

Hi OP this could be a culprit:

>>37640985
>you're probably gripping too high in your hand so it pinches excessively.

or if you are like me you use a mixed grip on deadlift and sometimes get callouses despite the bar resting on your fingers instead of high on your palm.

What I discovered was that in my mixed grip, the way I held the bar with my right hand made the bar "twist" in such a way that it put some torsional stress on my left hand, in the direction away from my thumb.

Now when I do mixed grip I rotate my grip a little in my right hand so that the bar twists in the direction of my thumb on my left hand, which has helped immensely.

My DL routine is now 5 sets of up to 7 reps at 375lbs and my hands don't hurt anymore. I still get cracked skin from the chalk but thin strips of surgical tape help with that a lot.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>37640751
If you need gloves because your hands hurt 9/10 you are holding the bar wrong. Instead of treating the symptom why don't you treat the disease (your shit form)
>>
>>37641338
i'm just pointing out calling saying "they use the same mechanisms" when talking about friction is stupid and pretentious, and technically wrong if we're gonna look at the mechanisms to which the friction is caused.

cool that you had to get all defensive like a little pussy though
>>
>>37640751
>I'm planning to use them because I'm getting tired of getting blisters

lack of gloves isn't what's causing blisters and it sure as fuck won't fix it. learn to grip the bar correctly, faggot.
>>
>>37641429
enjoy your meds autistic faggot
>>
>>37640751
how are you getting blisters instead of calluses??
>>
>>37641429
>technically wrong if we're gonna look at the mechanisms to which the friction is caused
the underlying mechanism is the bar rolling away, the mechanism is friction provided by your thumb stopping it from rolling the other way in a hook grip, your hand facing the opposite direction of each other in a mixed grip or the leather strap opposing the hand's grip. the mechanism in each is the exact same mechanism.
>>
>>37640751
Not even the girls at my gym wear gloves

Don't be a pussy
>>
>>37641525
you described the difference you fucking dunce

in hook grip its the friction between thumb and fingers
in mixed grip its the friction caused from opposing bar torque

they're not the same, because those statements aren't interchangeable for each instance.
>>
>>37641293
>Became a burn victim when I was a kid
>Most burns healed nicely except for my hands and forearms
>Shit looks like Freddy Kruger
>Wear something similar to that since my skin always hurts over 15 years later and to hide my embarrassment
>There are some gym elitists even though being smaller than me, call me a baby cause I use these long ass gloves
>Sometimes just to shut them up I take off a glove
>They go dead silent and never talk to me again

Some of us don't have a choice.
>>
>>37641571
the only difference desribed is grip technique the same mechanism desribed is clearly identified and distinctly separates from grip style in each post, your lack of reading comprehension and autism notwithstanding.
>>
>>37641614
Post pics. You're not alone. My sister has burn scars on her shoulders
>>
>>37641619
oh my bad i didn't realise hook grip worked because of opposing bar torque

what a moron
>>
>>37641658
hook grip works because the mechanism which your dumbshit mental disease autism riddled brain can't accept the word mechanism instead of friction when they're clearly interchangeable in fact this entire retarded discussion is occurring because you yourself understood they were interchangeable enough to ask so.
>>
>>37641686
>talk about reading comprehension
I clearly said the mechanisms causing the friction are different, after saying 'friction' itself was the same

I'm guessing this whole 'autism' thing is a whole lot of projection?
>>
>>37641747
the mechanism identified was friction because you yourself thought it such to ask so. now tell me why you would think to ask such when i never identified it as such until you thought to ask it as such.
>>
>>37641766
>as such as such as such
what the fuck are you on about are you having a stroke
>>
>>37641747
>the mechanisms causing the friction are different
i used the term mechanism clearly as friction. you identified it as such through question. you're choosing to use the word mechanism for something else. that's fine now fuck off, retard.
>>
>>37641797
yes as i'm half falling asleep on my phone in disbelief anybody with such a brain disease exists as you.
>>
>>37641815
>>37641429
>saying "they use the same mechanisms" when talking about friction is stupid and pretentious
saying your post is stupid if we're gonna refer to mechanism as friction
>and technically wrong if we're gonna look at the mechanisms to which the friction is caused.
saying you're stupid if we're talking about the underlying mechanism behind the friction

what you don't realise is you're stupid either way and back-pedalling as if you didn't realise we were talking about one or the other at any given time - the only way you would be confused is if you have the reading comprehension of a mentally disabled 5 year old.
>>
>>37641091

Literally THIS
>>
>>37641091

>telling people to do SS
>calling two different people newfag in one post

who are you trying to impress
>>
>>37641895
your mom and it was easy. like your mom.
>>
>>37640783
>>37640751
Do some people have hand which are more sensitive than others? I have never had this happen to me
>>
>>37640751
fix your grip, youre choking up on the bar/handle
>>
>>37641614
>burn victim
Didn't you get the memo? You can now label yourself a proud burn survivor and complain about fire culture
>>
The only time I use gloves is at the end of my workout. At that point, my grip is weaker without the gloves.

If you're worried about blisters or calluses, man up, or look for a gloves/manpon special so you're coordinated when you squat
>>
>>37640751
literally the only people i see who wear gloves in the gym are DYEL's who quit in 3 months
>>
>>37641091
>newfag just learned about the SS meme
>begins calling others newfag
Summer is so cute sometimes.
>>
Some of us don't beat the meat 24/7 and work office jobs and will bleed all over everyone's fucking shit if they don't wear gloves. Fuck everyone in this thread especially the SS memers
>>
>>37643741

If you lift properly you'll get calluses, not blisters. If you're wearing gloves to lift then maybe physical activity isn't for you. Stick to paper pushing bud
>>
>>37643766
t. SS'er for a month
>>
id use them if the barbells in my gym weren't so shitty that there is literally no grip unless i don't wear gloves.
>>
>>37640751
Gloves are for pussies
>>
not defending gloves, but this board is literally faggot central only second to the ACTUAL FAGGOT BOARD but the second it's convenient "gay" becomes an insult

wear gloves if you want, why even bother what these cocksmoking DYELs think of you, who gives a shit - existence is just a jump out of the pond that is the water of oblivion so if wearing fucking gloves makes you feel better about lifting then do it, jesus christ

tl;dr: everybody ITT should kill themself
>>
File: 1458640999542.png (549 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1458640999542.png
549 KB, 459x462
>>37644020
>existence is just a jump out of the pond that is the water of oblivion

I wasn't expecting to see this type of shit in a thread about weightlifting gloves
>>
>>37644020
pretty gay post desu
>>
I used to wear gloves back in high school, i lost one and i stopped wearing them, got big calluses and my hands got really rugged, women LOVED them.

>Omg anon, i love grabbing your hands, they feel so strong
>I really like feeling your hands on my body anon, they are so rugged and macho-like
>>
>>37640751
They actually lessen your ability to grip effectively. in short you're a silly faggot.
Show me anyone seriously strong in your gym who wears gloves.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.