[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 1280x1183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 1280x1183
QTDDTOT - ask away
>>
>>37640457
so the past year ive lived on my own, struggling to find time to lift as hard as i once was between school and work, and ive also struggled with affording proper diet. so ive lost some definition and mass, but not much.

moving back in with parents until i am finished with uni, wondering if it is easier to "remake" gains once a proper diet and strict routine have been reintroduced, i would like to be where i was a year ago by the end of summer. i have lost no strength, actually made gains in that department.
>>
>>37640553

I don't understand your question anon, can you be more specific?
>>
As a general rule, is it wise to exercise a muscle group once every other day? To give time for the group to repair itself.

So, for example, chest day would be Monday and Wednesday - with Tuesday being a different routine
>>
>>37640635
Follow a novice program like ss or greyskull or reg parks
>>
>>37640457
About 5 to 6 years ago I was a brick shit house and then I stopped lifting because of reasons. I want to get back in to it but I have no gyms around. I have room for only hand weights. My question is this: is OP a huge faggot or a skinny fat faggot?
>>
>>37640457

Creatine. Is it okay to take before a light morning workout.

I have a home bench and usually lift before work, my work involves a lot of heavy lifting as well, so would it be okay to take some in the morning or should I only do it before intense gym routines.
>>
>>37640872
Don't take creatine. It's fucking bullshit. Take protein.
>>
>>37640915

I already take protein
>>
>>37640872

It makes basically no difference when you take creatine. It takes more than a day to absorb/deplete it. That's why some suggest a "loading phase" for the first few days (although the benefit of even doing that is dubious.)
>>
Should I lift 2x a day? Current job at gym and there's nothing to do other than workout or relax from 7 to 4

If I do workout, should I hit the same muscles twice with a different lift or should I focus on doing something else also how long should I wait between the sessions

I lift to lose weight went from 230 to 160 it's been about a year and yes I do it safely and I definitely won't overtrain with heavy weights (I do lower weights high reps)
>>
If I drink a cup of tea with 1 little spoon of honey,would it break my fast?
>>
>>37641099
>will you count the carbs in this for me.
>>
>>37640457

>dicks
>>
>>37640597
I guess what i am asking if i have a long and difficult road ahead of me to get where i once was a year ago, or if it will be relatively easier to reach considering my body has already made those gainz once? i know what i am doing and i havent regressed THAT much, and i will have a proper diet and routine
>>
>>37641420

You are overthinking stuff - considering you were there before... yes, it will be easier (mentally speaking)
>>
I currently have pretty skinnyfat aesthetics after cutting and losing a ton of weight. While I would like to cut more (so I can finally see my abs), I have noticed how thin and meek I look. I've been maintaining my weight for several months now, and understand right now that I should start lifting heavier things before cutting more, just for the sake of better aesthetics. I feel like my current bf% is about 19-20.

Would bulking at this point be easier, or should I reach a lower bf% before trying?
>>
why do people say protein powder is a supplement and you should get your protein from real food?

this seems like a logical fallacy to me. either protein powder is protein and works as such or not. why are people allowed to make such vague statements about it? what's wrong with getting 90% of your daily protein from powder?
>>
File: 1466529972295.gif (1 MB, 139x231) Image search: [Google]
1466529972295.gif
1 MB, 139x231
I lifted for first time on sunday

Now I am basically disabled from DOMS and today I am supposed to life upper body again. What the fuck do I do since there is no way I can lift anything when I can barely move my arms?
>>
I've lost 5-7 more lbs but I can't see a difference.... Please help....
>>
>>37642037
Once you get your muscles warmed up the pain subsides
>>
>>37642098
It's not the pain it feels like I cant extend my arms all the way
>>
what exactly is a recomp? I still look shit after 1 year I bulked winter and cutting now. I like more but still look like shit. My cut is either failing or cut/bulk is a meme hence what exactly is a recomp?
>>
>>37642127
Yeah they'll loosen up. The best cure for DOMS is to lift like a mother fucker
>>
>>37642138
recomp just means maintaining weight, whilst losing fat and gaining muscle.

>>37642082
keep going lad.

>>37642037
you can go in and do some lighter work to aid recovery and get back into it. take off 10-20% and work up slowly.

or take a rest day and don't do so much next session to the point where you have debilitating doms.

>>37641971
it's because of the amino acid profiles and other nutritional values offered from 'real food' as opposed to protein powder.

an all liquid diet is also bad for your digestive system.

>>37641915
it depends on whether your worried about looking stronger quicker or skinnier quicker. my advice would be to follow a standard novice strength routine whilst losing weight, because it's not all that hard, especially for beginners.

when things start stalling is when you can consider whether you want to focus more energy on one or the other

>>37641010
if you're going to do 2 sessions, you're better off doing 2 different 'focuses'. i.e. upper in the morning lower at night
>>
>>37642203
>it's because of the amino acid profiles and other nutritional values offered from 'real food' as opposed to protein powder.
this is a very silly statement since whey protein has an excellent amino acid profile, better than most "real food"
>>
File: pepe84.png (42 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
pepe84.png
42 KB, 500x286
psmf-ag here, lost 50lbs since march and i'm now stalling at 275 lbs, i tried iifym for 2 weeks and only lost around 2lbs. i was curious to either do psmf again or just eat like a normal person now

Let's assume two 400 lb hamplanets go on a diet, they both consume 1200 cals day, one does psmf (pretty much 100% lean proteins) and the other one eats a balanced diet of complex carbs, lean proteins, and good fats.

Will the first hamplanet actually lose more weight than the second hamplanet?
>>
>>37641744
thanks anon, gave me a confidence boost
>>
>>37642266

Cycle your protein sparring modified fasts.

6-12 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

I've been doing this since January and I've dropped from 345 to 226 with reasonable losses in strength.

>Will the first hamplanet actually lose more weight than the second hamplanet?

Theoretically, if they have the same physiology, the same exercise routine, and the same meal-timing they'll both lose the same amount of weight.

However, the first ham planet will lose considerably more fat, while the second ham planet will lose some ratio of both lean muscle mass and body fat.
>>
How do increase my run time?

What's the best way to incorporate SS/Grey skull with volume intensive calisthenics?
>>
>>37642203
Thanks for the assurance fitizen

I'm this anon btw >>37642082
>>
>>37642234
true, I should have said its not enough to get a complete amino acid profile by only ingesting one source of protein (i.e. whey), as well as the fact of the lack of any other nutritional value you would otherwise get from basically any other protein source (essential micro/macro nutrients)
>>
File: sweat falcs.jpg (27 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
sweat falcs.jpg
27 KB, 301x301
>haven't felt remotely horny in months
>semen is watery and barely sticky
>feel tinges of discomfort on the back of my ballsack after nutting

How do I find out what's causing this?
>>
>>37642529
Literal signs of testicular cancer.
Get checked bro
>>
is the .5 lb muscle a week mostly leg/thigh gains? I feel squats are the only thing that has linear progression for me.
>>
>>37642331
that's a nice weight loss, what's your experience with loose skin? that's one of my fears about losing weight that fast

what's your routine? lift and cardio 5x a week?

what are your daily cals?

do you eat veggies with your proteins?

and last, how do you handle the shits? man the shits, they're so painful, truly the worst part about psmf

hope you can help a fellow psmfag bro
>>
>>37642203
>it's because of the amino acid profiles and other nutritional values offered from 'real food' as opposed to protein powder
protein powder is a complete protein in fact whey protein powder is as good as it gets and i'm not seeing anybody suggesting an all liquid diet anywhere but rather getting vast majority of the protein part of the diet from powder. what' wrong with it?
>>
>>37642529

maybe go to the doctor if your dick is broken
>>
>>37642529
RIP
see a fucking doctor
>>
How low should the bar go when I OHP?
>>
>>37642743
touch chest/collar bones
>>
File: 20160612_042602.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160612_042602.jpg
4 MB, 4032x3024
I was cutting now on ppl for 3 months my lifts are
70x5 kg bench
100x5 squat
130x5 deadlift
My question is since my lifts are garbage if I should continue with ppl or lower my weights and start ss while maintaining or 200 surplus. If so should I lower the weights by 20? %
Thx desu senpai

5.11 78kg pic related
>>
>>37642743
By the clavicle, touching the neck and chest
>>
>>37643002
Yea definitely do a novice program to get as much size and strength in as little time possible
Once you milk the rest of your noob gains, consider an intermediate 3 day/week fullbody routine (essentially just uppin the volume, amd progressing weekly, rather than each session).
I got more out of that than i did a Tm style ppl split
>>
>>37642630
Dont listen to him, he is DYEL he says to add a rest day instead of train through DOMS.
Confirmed fuckhead idiot
>>
>>37642343
Dont fuck wih the novice program.

Do calisthenics once you are intermediate with base strength
>>
File: 1433101360133.jpg (70 KB, 524x615) Image search: [Google]
1433101360133.jpg
70 KB, 524x615
Is there a chart for weight, body fat, height, and shit? I'd like some pics to compare myself against to supplement caliper readings.

Also it'd be cool to get a rough idea what I'll look like after my cut.
>>
It's summer and hot as fuck, so I want a nice, cold smoothie to drink. Problem is, every smoothie place loads them with a shit ton of sugar.

Anyone have any good smoothie recipes? Preferably banana-flavored?
>>
I've been cutting for a few weeks and I'm losing weight but I see 0 change in bodyfat.

I'm 5'10 163 and no visible abs even when flexed... Should I keep going to 155 or just maintain/lean bulk?
>>
>>37643252
Make something with Stevia and 0-cal banana flavoring
>>
How long does protein stay in the body to be used for muscle making later on?
>>
Is ICF actually a good program or not? I fucking hate being in the gym for 2 hours. I'm thinking of cutting the 5x5 sets to 3x5.
>>
What targets should I reach before switching from SS? Due to broken bones and other injuries I've never progressed from SS.
>>
>>37643524
waste of time you've been memed
>>
>>37644032
Care to explain why?
>>
>>37644116
>literally spending 2 hours in the gym as a novice
>so many piled on accessories with no real thought or reason behind them
>shrugs
>5x5 3x/week
its basically someone who's only ever done body building routines attempt at a novice strength programme, and it's shit.
>>
>>37644173
What would you suggest then? I did PPL for about a year since that's what a friend had me start on, and I didn't know any better. I've never done a dedicated strength routine until a couple weeks ago.
>>
How do I know if back pain is more than a simple muscle strain?

I strained it a little over a week ago and although it's not too bad now after moving around for the day I usually get soreness when I wake up in the middle of the night
>>
>>37642082
I lost 15 before I noticed anon.
I took three pictures through my year and a half journey because I just wasnt seeing it. So I stopped paying atteniton and just focused on weight goals.
One at 275 pounds
One at 210 pounds
And finally my last one at 170.

Soon you'll notice it and so will everyone else.
>>
How many push ups and crunches do you need to do before they become effective? My desired effect is to maintain a bit of muscle and stay slim.

Long story short
I'm in a hotel for three more months for work
Work is low intensity.
Cant run the streets, cant bring exercise equipment into hotel.

Have lost 120 pound its the last year and half, really dont want to lose all that ground.
>>
>>37644222
do SS with some accessories like chin ups or any fluff work you wanna do. hating on rip and SS is a meme.
>>
>>37644257
gyms have memberships for 3 months

what kinda work do you do? just curious
>>
File: 20160621_185930.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160621_185930.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Mom gave me this to help my hair grow faster. It's collagen. Will it improve my lifts/recovery time?
>>
>>37644313
The nearest one is an hour away not accounting traffic and 120 a month. I'm trying to avoid breaking down and paying this nonsense.

I manage a few casual dining restaurants (one chain) in the southern states.
We're opening a new location. I'm here to get the place ready and hire plus train a new crew.
>>
Just got called in for a shift, just finished squatting, ain't no time for anything else
I figure it's cool to just do it after, but just to be sure, are there any drawbacks to splitting up ones workouts?
>>
I'm doing GSLP while cutting and I am not progressing on any of my lifts. Is this normal?
>>
What are good gyms in NYC?
>>
>>37644257
>Can't run in the streets
Explain
>>
so this my story, I'm 6'8 and 470 lbs. after reading the sticky I concluded that
>make a 4000 calorie diet
>400 g of protein from chicken/turkey breast, ground beef/pork or so
>lot of veggies
>obviously cutting sodas, fast food and shit
>do lifting, for this i'm planning to doing it at my local gym

so the question here is, amidoinitrite?
>>
File: 1466220997564.jpg (71 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1466220997564.jpg
71 KB, 500x669
>>37640457
What is the best way to train calves? Can anyone give me a good calf routine?

At the moment, I'm just doing 4x7 of standing calf raises on the machine. Any other exercises?
>>
>>37644245
If the pain is in the middle of your back or your legs are tingling. If the pain is on either side of your spine you could do some stretches to help with the pain. Otherwise see a doctor or a qualified sports trainer.
>>
>>37644463
Yes.

>we're all gonna make it
>>
My arms are sore from gym 2 days ago, should I gym today?
>>
>>37644257
get a better hotel with a gym.
>>
>>37644481
Are you working out your arms?
>>
>>37644512
yes
>>
>>37644448
No shoulder on streets, no sidewalks, Horrible area is being generous.

Work is generally 12 hours. 6-6.
Dog is with me, have to pick him up from daycare by 7 otherwise i'd stop on the way home from work.

>>37644500
Work pays for this. They have a contract with this particular chain of hotels.
>>
>>37644533
try watching prison movies with ripped prisoners who are in solitary and watch what they do.
>>
I'm doing Greyskull and my core also feels sore despite not working it out.

What gives?
>>
What are some stretches that'll help me grow taller? No meme answers please.
>>
>>37644517
Can you still move your arms and shit? Like, if the pain doesn't stop you from doing your basic movements, then you're good.
>>
>>37644555
http://www.odditycentral.com/news/getting-your-legs-broken-for-a-few-extra-inches-a-growing-trend-in-the-world-of-cosmetic-surgery.html

A "growing" trend.
There ya go, sport.
>>
>>37644481
warm up slowly. If, after you're warmed up, you still feel deep soreness, don't lift. If it's mild then go for it.
>>
>>37644592
>>37644597
Cheers.
Yeah, it's really mild.
>>
File: 1466533198377.jpg (621 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1466533198377.jpg
621 KB, 1200x800
>>37644555
Okay so what I need you to do is the following:

DISCLAIMER: YOU MAY GROW UP TO 6'2"

Alright here we go my manlet. I need you to go to the store and purchase your height in rope. This is really important for later.

So I need you to stand in the middle of a dark room and sit on your floor like you did when you barely graduated grade 2. Now I need you to pour cold water on your head and rub Vaseline between your ears. I need you to whisper, after getting to your calm place and after doing all of this:

>GROW, GROW, GROW

But every time you chant this, get gradually louder and louder until you, well, grow.

After your done all of this, grab the rope and tie it to a balcony. Tie the rope around your neck and jump off the balcony. This is my favourite stretch, made me grow to 6'9.

>We're all gonna make it bruh
>>
>>37644670
Oh I forgot to add, the Vaseline is to act as drag to counter the acceleration of your insane growing. The water is for friction against the atmosphere.
>>
Shopped? Her right bicep looks too peaked and she has no tricep.
>>
I had a minor surgery last weekend, now l can't do exercise for 10 days and l can only eat soup and soft meals, is there a way l don't lose my gains and starve to dyel mode?
>>
My current job is making me do overtime because of the Summer. I know this won't be permanent but it's really getting in the way of my cut. I'm close to passing out sometimes at work and I need to eat heavy meals, much worse, the only place close enough is a Burger King. Should I just give up on my cut or maybe tough it out?
>>
Posts about lanklets not being able to put on muscle mass are evrywhere, and manlets easily so. I don't see the logical relation ? Larger muscle means higher load to overload it the same
>>
So this girl just started going to my gym, i didn't had my contacts and i look at her for too long to don't look like a creep, but she seemed nice a 7-8/10 with an 8/10 ass, she is shorter than me, i have been told by girls that i am a 6-7/10, but that was when i was fat, i just got slim but i am still far from making it, i was thinking about talking to this girl, but i've heard girls hate getting hit on the gym, and there are guys that look way better than me in tanktops and shit all arround the gym, she is always with another girl wich makes it harder to hit on her.

I just want to know if it is a good idea to try something with her?

Have you picked up chicks at the gym? If yes how did you did it?
>>
>>37644920
Why cant you bring your own food?
>>
>>37645073
>i have been told by girls that i am a 6-7/10, but that was when i was fat

lol so you are ugly. That's like the lowest rating possible because girls dont want to be mean to you.
>>
I've recently been trying to into /fit/ and I've been using a bowflex machine up until today where I managed to buy a bench, a barbell, a curl bar, two adjustable dumbbells, and 350lbs of weight for $150. I read the sticky and I intend on following SS but I was wondering if I could add some curls or something to make use of all my new gear? Also, how do I into squats w/o a squat rack :(
>>
File: 1464435733192.jpg (125 KB, 625x939) Image search: [Google]
1464435733192.jpg
125 KB, 625x939
Does carb cycling work?
>>
So I'm bulking and taking in as 1 gram of protein equal to my bodyweight.

I've met my calorie requirements but I'm 50 grams away for today. Should I eat more or is it okay to let it slide for one day?
>>
>>37640457
my left wrist hurts when i apply pressure to it, like a tried to do a pushup on my couch and literally fell over from the pain. But it's painless otherwise, life I'm typing with my left hand right now just fine. My knuckles are also cracking a lto easier on the left side than the right if that helps at all. I had full range of motion all day but now that i test it it won't go as far foreward or back as the right, and doesn't want to flatten out as well. I had a ganglion cyst on that wrist for years with no pain or problem. I just want to know what to do since I start lifting tomorrow and don't want to fuck my shit up
>>
>>37644466
this: https://www.t-nation.com/training/no-weights-calf-training is fucking hard but my calves never felt so worked in my life before
>>
Fat as fatass (5'11" 235), trying to get back to my previous dad-bod self. MFP has me eating 1800 cal a day, start the day off with 1c fage with 1 scoop, then EC stack until I get home for dinner, usually try to eat the rest of my cal for dinner but don't always hit it. If I only intake like 1000 cal a day (plus I walk at least 10k steps, S Health says I burn between 1000-1500 cal a day) will that make my metabolism bottom out or will I be ok. 99% I hit my protein goal.
>>
>>37645278
Steinborn squat or get creative with furniture. And yes add curls. 3x10
>>
>>37640457
So overy this summer I'm forced to be homegymmasterrace. I usually go on a run before I lift. So that usually leaves me hungry.

Would eating while lifting hurt my gains? Besides feeling a bit heavier and etc?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
How often should I alternate going light/mid/heavy? I'm sure it could make a difference but could I make progress without alternating my general weight for my workouts?
>>
What should I eat before and after the gym? Can I replace eating for muscles with whey protein?
>>
>>37646145
Why would eating while working out hurt your gains? How? Eat a fucking banana or something, you dingus.
>>
File: 1465849254427.jpg (49 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1465849254427.jpg
49 KB, 500x603
How many carbs do you consume on average daily?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 736x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 736x311
Is sled pushing a meme r/crossfit/ level exercise or would it be good cardio post SS? My local gym doesn't have any other cardio equipment other than strong man bullshit.
>>
>>37646870
Quality cardio. DO it.
>>
>>37644360
im also curious about this
>>
Been cutting for a while, have a few weeks off study coming up where I'll up my gym time - - would a 3 week bulk be efficient in any way if I was to do something like a ppl/phat program or should I just keep with what I'm doing?

Figure I may as well try to use the time best as I can
>>
typically about
250g carbs
80g fats
170g protein
>>
>>37646972
was meant for >>37646807
>>
File: KaPow.jpg (204 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
KaPow.jpg
204 KB, 960x720
In week 2 of SL. Benches are still easy, so I haven't been resting the recommended 90 secs between sets. Is it OK if I just wait like 20 secs and go again?
>>
is there a proper pic or video for deadlifting and lifting anything in general

I always get the feeling I'm doing something wrong like I'm not getting the full motion
>>
>>37646807
can someone photoshop /fit/ on the screen plz
>>
>>37646250
do you feel worn down? Do light or mid

do you feel dynamite? go heavy

thats it.

Unless you're programming for the olympics or something don't worry too much about it and just aim for 1-2 heavy days a week.
>>
>>37647019
You probably shouldn't
You're gonna feel the change in weight and the difficulty of the last rep much more on your upper body exercises than on the squat or the dead lift. You'll know when you're not gonna make the next squat, not necessarily so on the bench. Same thing with the set: you'll know when the next squat set is gonna be the bad one, not necessarily so on the bench. That's gonna result in a failed set and a session without progression, all because you got bored.
>>
Is this a good diet for someone aiming for fatloss/muscle gain?
5 oz Chicken breast x 2 - 490 calories, 88g protein, 12g fat, 0g carbs
250g brown rice - 472 calories, 8 grams fat, 4.6g protein, 85.8 carbs
50g Almonds - 305 calories, 12.5 protein, 26.7g fat, 2.5g carbs
2 sachet Oats - 285 calories, 6.6g protein, 4.9g fat, 48g carbs
Protein shake x2 - 246 calories, 48g protein, 3g fat, 6g carbs
1 cup broccoli - 34 calories, 2.8g protein, 0.4g Fat, 7g carbs
100g carrot - 41 calories, 1g protein, 0.2g fat, 10g carbs|
4 whole Egg - 360 calories, 26g protein, 22g fat, 2g carbs
1 Cup Chai (1 teaspoon) - 43 calories, 0.2 g protein, 1.25g fat, 8.3g carbs
1 apple - 52 calories, 0.3g protein, 0.2g fat, 14g carbs
1 banana - 89 calories, 1.1g protein, 0.3g fat, 23g carbs
Totals -
Calories - 2427
Protein - 190 grams
Fat - 79 grams
Carbs - 207 grams
>>
>>37646881
I did it today and I only got it up to 5 plates, I couldn't keep going to get it back and forth down to 1. At the end everything below my knees was on fire, I hadn't felt that kind of post work out pain in years. Is this because there's a proper form? Are my joints and calves not used to that kind of endurance or weight? Does being 6'4 have anything to do with leveraging?

How do I into sled pushing as my post SLs cardio?
>>
How good are fish oil tablets for you? I know theyre good for me what exactly? I've started taking 2000mg tablets
>>
Not completely fit related but what's the song that plays in the first five seconds of the UFC fight card previews
>>
So as we know you can lose muscle on a cut. My question is why. Is it because:

1. Your body needs protein, and in a caloric deficit, the only other source available to it is muscle? or

2. Your body just decides it no longer needs the muscle since it's not carrying around as much weight, and it's just trying to preserve energy?
>>
What's the best way to make use of resistance tubes?
>>
File: image.png (69 KB, 513x577) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69 KB, 513x577
I'm 5'11 and I only weigh 125 pounds but I'm trying to bulk and I've used the sticky it says I need to get in 3,000 calories a day. Can I get some bulking tips? Just like what are the foods you guys eat while bulking. I've been lurking for a while and just trying my best to get started bulking all I need is tips and a little help thanks. And pic related is my routine is this okay when bulking? Should I only lift 3 times a week or 5? It's stupid questions im sorry I just want to get the most out of this
>>
>>37647803
Do SS or StrongLifts instead of that crap to start. Adding some cardio is OK but you dont need to do long runs or anything.

Calculate your required calories with an IIFYM calculator. Try to eat decent quality foods, not just burgers and fries to meet the macros and fucking eat some veggies.

Evaluate after 4-6 weeks for tweaks to the program. If you think you need to make significant changes instead of tweaks before 12 weeks because things are progressing too slow then punch yourself in the nuts and dont make significant changes until after you have started to build a strong base. 12 weeks is the low end for that if you have never been strong before.
>>
>>37647080
Thanks. I hear ya. It's just that it's not even slightly challenging at this weight. All the other lifts are, and I do need a bit to catch my breath, but not for the bench. Yet.

Isn't the purpose of the rest to catch your breath, let your heart rate settle and insure that you can complete the next set?
>>
>>37647731
Bump
>>
how do i get lower bf percentage? currently at 20% I just want visible abs.
>>
what's the difference between an Olympic barbell and a standard barbell if they both weigh 45 lbs
>>
My hip adductors hurt like hell from squatting.

Immediately after squating there is no pain, but the day after I can barely raise my feet to knee level. Then during my next training they hurt even worse during warm-up and my first heavy set. Usually the pain is gone for my 2nd and 3rd heavy set and for the rest of the day. This cycle has been going on for about two months now, what gives? I could understand if they hurt during exercise and intermediately after, but how come it's the reverse?
>>
>>37646405
S-so no bites of home made pasta allowed in between shoulder presses?
>>
for lower abs, at what point is the issue of visibility a lack of muscle one rather than an excess of fat? my top ones are pretty defined now that i've been running regularly and eating fewer processed carbs, but is that enough to get the bottom ones to eventually show?
>>
>>37647950
Its simple, just lower your bodyfat or increase your lean mass.
>>
>>37647994
Your tendons are probably weak as fuck and your muscles are growing faster. Thats normal and takes quite a long time for your tendons to adjust. Make sure you have collagen in your diet and maybe slow down weight increases for a few weeks to reduce the discomfort.
>>
Are there exercises that will make my waist smaller or is that shit all genetic?
>>
File: 1390723189427.jpg (525 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
1390723189427.jpg
525 KB, 1750x2500
>>37640457
I'm using this program
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
I just switched to it and I'm wondering
It says to add weight linearly (5 ibs per upper body exercises)
Does this apply to all exercises? I find it hard to add 5 Ibs to lat raises and tricep extensions with every workout?
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>37648101
Makes sense, thanks.
But why is it that exercise makes it better and rest worse- is post-workout inflammation simply worse than the actual stress during lifting?
>>
>>37648152
no only compounds u dip
>>
>>37648180
Thanks,
Would you mind giving me explanation on what to add for isolation?
>>
>>37648196
basically as long as you can do 8 reps with good form the weight is right. once you can do more than 8 reps increase it

i do 4x8 for isolations, but same applies to 12 or whatever, you'll know when you can increase it desu
>>
>>37648196
Go for adding reps, once you are at the upper range of the rep range- add weight.

ie. first do lateral raises with 10kg for 8, then once you can do 12-15, go for 12.5kg for 8 etc.
>>
>>37648145
>hey guys, how do I reshape my bones
>>
>>37648226
>>37648235
Awesome thanks, this will definitely improve my workout
>>
Thoughts on the frequency method talked about in GSLP?
>>
>>37647882
Thanks senpai I won't be doing much cardio I usually just work the heavy bag a bit after workouts
>>
What would happen if I ate mince meat and eggs for an extended period of time, along with some full cream milk and WPI?

I would obviously go into ketosis, but would the large protein content be converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis, and would it be considered dangerous?
>>
>>37643252
put watermellon in fridge.
put cold watermellon in blender until smoothie.
>>
How the fuck do I boost up my immune system?

Psoriasis is wreaking havoc on my body. I read that it's a symptom of a weak immune system. I've increased the amount of exercise I do and for the most part eat generally well, but unfortunately it hasn't improved, if anything it's continuously getting worse.

Besides continuing exercising and eating healthy, what else can I do or what supplements can I take? I'm literally researching this now, but figured I might get some personal antidotes that could help.
>>
>>37642529
Could be prostatitis. I had it once and it's annoying as fuck but easy to treat. Go to a doctor and have him stick his finger up your ass. If he finds anything, he'll refer you to a urologist, and you can figure out the rest from there.

If you've had any unprotected sex, it could also be epididymitis.
>>
would it be better to do

pull
push
legs

or

push
pull
legs
>>
>>37648531

Most people will say pull/push/legs, as it gets your deadlifts away from your squats (assuming you do them on pull, not everyone does) and back fatigue is a bigger issue with lower body work than anything you'd likely be wrecking on your push day.
>>
Why cant I do the big 4 lifts every workout? (MON,WED,FRI)
>>
>>37648579
yeah ill definitely switch it, i've been noticing my lower back is weak when i squat
>>
>>37648594
>squatting deadlifting overhead pressing and benching on the same day

go for it dude
>>
>>37644463
you can cut way more aggresively
>>
>>37647731
Bump
>>
>>37644546
stabalizing spine during big compounds
>>
>>37647731
Seriously, how can I use these as effectively as the SS program
>>
>>37648769
by selling them and scraping enough money to buy a barbell and plates
>>
>>37648776
Be fucking serious, I just don't have the money for gym membership nor plates and shit
>>
getting creatine tomorrow. Do I have to do the loading phase?
>>
>>37648862
no just take a scoop everyday
>>
>>37648795
if you don't, you should be focused on other things. Being healthy is a luxury
>>
I'm starting reg park 5x5 tommorow. How do I get my starting weight? Go in and lift to find it or should I be 1rm and then doing % from there?
>>
>>37640457
Can you do damage/negative effects to your body cutting and bulking too often? For example i want to cut for a couple of weeks, get rid of some of the fat for a month or so for the beach then start bulking again
>>
Whenever I see lateral raises on the web it's always with arms straight out to the sides.
But everyone at my gym (also the big serious bodybuilders) always has quite bent elbows and lean over a bit when they do it.
What's up with this? Or am I retarded and this is a whole other exercise?
>>
File: aussie hiding in your bedroom.png (38 KB, 185x233) Image search: [Google]
aussie hiding in your bedroom.png
38 KB, 185x233
Are fish oil tablets actually a decent thing to take when starting out lifting?

if so what are some good ones to get in Australia?
>>
>>37648877
You just keep adding weight until your find your 5rm.
Start low, be smart, dont just slap on 50lb at a time
>>
>>37648795
You can look up a range of ecercises with this, start by googling "TRX exercises" and make sure you work the major muscle groups (which the sticky teaches you about)
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>37648898
Are you dead?
No?
You are getting enough Essential Fatty Acids in your diet. Eat salmon and flaxseed a little more often, if you are so concerned.
>>37648145
Stomach vacuums.
You cant make your hips smaller, but a stronger transverse abdominis and i ternal obliques will suck the waistline in.
Arnold did em, frank zane did em, pic related is a huge propornent of them.
>>
thanks!
>>
>>37648897
They are reducing leverage by bending their arms.
Essentially cheating.

Proper form can be seen in sean nalewanyj or athlean x videos.
External rotation, lean over, elbows above wrists (pulling through the elbows)
>>37648892
Not really unless we are talking off season vs on season IFBB pro bodybuilder.
Even then, they live fairly long..
>>
Is something in my body going to snap if my Squat is far greater than my Deadlift?

I'm talking about an 80-100 pound difference. I'm on SS.

My form for the deadlift, I'm now realizing, is all sorts of fucked and I'm deloading until I perfect the movement. Would there be an issue letting my squat to progress linearly while I run diagnostics on my Deadlift?
>>
>>37647978
A "standard" bar is an oly bar.
Unless it is a power bar, which is essentially the same
>>
File: deadlift-back-rounding.jpg (66 KB, 1024x217) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-back-rounding.jpg
66 KB, 1024x217
So what exactly causes the 'catback' phenomenon when deadlifting? Most people I see at least attempt to make their back flat before they pull the weight but then that usually gives way and their back bends to an upside down U

Is it just a matter of not keeping back tightness and not pulling backwards to engage the legs, instead using your back for the majority of the lift?
>>
File: 2016-06-22 11.14.37.jpg (236 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-22 11.14.37.jpg
236 KB, 540x960
Do i have anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
Anyone can help me divide these exercises into two workouts?

Main: Squat, Dead-lift, Overhead, Bench, Chin-up, Row
Accessory: Lateral raise or Dumbbell upright row, Calf Raise.
>>
>>37648993

It can be a lot of things. A rounded lower back when deadlifting is kind of the default failure state, same as how getting pitched forward is how a squat usually goes to shit.

Usually its that they've been taught to deadlift really poorly. Often its weak hamstrings (sometimes quads) or upper back. But depending on the person pretty much any deadlifting issue can result in it.
>>
what exercise preexhausts you more for deads, pullups or rows?
>>
>>37648868
ok. I feel like 20g was way too much and read most of it just becomes urine.
>>
>>37649081
5g per day are plenty, unless you're a vegan fucktard then take 10g. Loading creatine is a meme.
>>
How much weight can I lose in two months without killing myself?
>>
File: 1466423950476.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
1466423950476.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
Sprint speed and agility.

What's everyone's experience in improving them? I'm trying to recover my horrible hamstring tightness and I figure getting faster would be a cool little side goal to pick up along the way. Thoughts?
>>
>>37649143
If you're fat enough and don't care about losing lean mass or other health problems- 60kg. Hike 12 hours a day, eat nothing. Have lipo at the end for another easy 10kg.

Seriously though, if you're around 20-30% bf you should be able to go on a 100kcal deficit and not loose too much lean mass. That works out to about 7-8 kilos.
>>
>>37649192
*1000kcal

Light deficit = 250kcal or about 1kg per month.
Moderate deficit = 500kcal or 2kg per month.
etc.
1000 is not advisable long term - but if you're fat you could go for it. Just exercise and eat lots of protein to retain as much lean mass as possible. If you're a novice lifter you can even make decent gains while on a pretty steep deficit, not as decent as without the deficit but still noticeable.
>>
When should i expect my deadlifts to stall? Im currently progressing by 2.5 kg each week and its going fairly well. Current lift is 112.5 kg/248lbs at 75kg bw.
>>
>>37640457
i all ways knew wolverine was gay lol
>>
>>37649226
Oct 25. 2016.

Depends on programme, genetics, nutrition, rest.

Very approximate: If you're a guy and average in every respect, probably by the time you hit 140kg.
>>
I'm going to the gym tonight for the first time. What exactly do I say to make them give me a good workout.

I want upper body strength, but I guess an overall balanced workout is best. However, they will want to probably put me on machines, which I've heard aren't as good.
>>
>>37649248
i'd be okay with that really, lmao3plate!! would be a milestone for me. Thanks senpai
>>
5'8 212 skinnyfat doing SS. Should I bulk or cut? Or cut then bulk?
>>
>>37649008
yes. you need to do planks + warrior stretches

there are plenty of other things you can add to fix this but from what i've seen these are the most effective and must be done every day.

I also found this useful for correcting chest position and neck tilt + overall better posture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8
>>
>>37649304

You're not skinnyfat at 5'8 212. Work on dropping the chub.
>>
so what are the signs that you've "I'm just being a bitch and can pump out a few more" to "HOLY SHIT I've over trained and my muscles can't take anymore"?.

just started to do body weight exercises and I end up so fucking sore I stop working out for too long.
>>
what does SS stand for?
>>
>>37649075
good mornings
>>
>>37649411
overtraining is impossible if you eat and sleep enough so basically the moment you think "I might be overtraining" is the moment you're a bitch

Especially doing BW
>>
I was trying to help my buddy lose weight, he has only lost 5kgs in 5months.

Found out he drinks mass gainers and protein shakes everyday, he thinks that he can still eat pizza everyday and only go to gym for 20min and lift weights that are way too heavy for him for 3 reps 1 set that he will lose weight.

Then to make it worse if he comes to the gym while I'm there he tries to just talk to me, so I'll be doing my lifts and he's standing there awkwardly talking while I'm trying to get him to fuck off.

>seriously helped him for 6mnths but he doesn't listen, even tried to get my pt gf to help him but he wasn't even listening to her.

>should I keep trying or just accept that he won't make it?
>>
>>37649289
Please help. I don't want to waste my time on machines, but I have no knowledge about what to ask for.
>>
>>37649464
Seriously, some machines are okay to use

Start with bench, then do some curls, push ups, dips, and incline weighted situps
>>
>>37649473
They will base my whole routine round machines. Some machines I wouldn't have an issue with
>>
How do I stave off hunger while cutting?
5'7 mega manlet and I need to eat about 1500 cal a day to lose weight
>>
Is boxing good if I just don't want to be made someone's bitch? I've never been in a fight, I don't want to look absolutely retarded if I ever happen to get into one.
>>
>>37649464
either read the sticky or look up stronglifts 5x5 you faggot

do it for a month and then come back here with more questions

gym personal trainers are utter shit
>>
I want to eat 50 g of basmati rice. How many mls of water do I need ?
>>
>>37648383
Drink your own cum, worked for a friend
>>
Weight: 63kg
Height: 5'8

So pretty skinny right?
About to start going to the gym. Should I bulk? Or stick to what I'm eating for now?

What is bulking? Do I need to eat well still, or is snacks/cakes good for getting more calories or bad?
>>
Can I do curls everyday ?
I'm trying to grow my biceps as fast as possible. I work them twice a week but feel like I could do more. I feel fine if doing curls 2 days in a row but I'm curious if this will speed or slow growth???
>>
>>37649946
Why not just up to 3 times a week?
>>
File: images-4.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>37649981
Cus why not 7
>>
File: tumblr_napx8s48mz1s50j4bo4_1280.jpg (481 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_napx8s48mz1s50j4bo4_1280.jpg
481 KB, 1280x720
How useful is Yohimbine to get leaner while you're already lean?
I'm at 14%bf here and want to get down to 10% do i *need* it or is just something that will make it easier? (in that case how much easier?)
>inb4 just eat less dude
yes, but also alpha receptors
>>
>>37649435
Starting Strength - Read the sticky
>>
>>37649946

What is overtraining!

And is it me, or does he have really small forearms???
>>
File: image.jpg (624 KB, 1384x2297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
624 KB, 1384x2297
what subway is best for bulking?
>>
>>37650093
Idk what is it?
I've heard people say it's training your muscles so frequently that they don't have time to recover and I've heard others say it's when you fry your CNS. as I said I feel like I can do curls multiple days in a row, and assuming I have most of if not all of my strength back the following day then why not? Obviously doing curls EVERYDAY I'll eventually crash but I mean is it OK to do them multiple days in a row then take a 2-3 days off when I feel like they aren't rocovering?
I just want to blow my biceps up fast brehs, pls help.
>>
File: PicsArt_06-02-07.42.53.jpg (93 KB, 735x1135) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-02-07.42.53.jpg
93 KB, 735x1135
>>37650109
All of them
>>
>>37647233
>new to exercise
>goes heavy
>gets doms
Uh...

But seriously, just take it slowly like you did with the barbell. Watch some videos on form and reduce weight and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37647731
>Band Resisted push-ups
>Lateral Raises
>Assisted pull-ups
>tool for stretching shoulders
They're insanely gimmicky but those excercises are pretty good.
>>
>>37647233
Your joints shouldn't be sore. If they are you may have been going to heavy/had bad form.
Muscle soreness is good
Joint soreness is NOT
>>
Anybody knows what to do to get rid of tendonitis? My right elbow hurts a lot and I cant lift because of it
>>
I'm 5.2" and I weigh 128.4 lb's. I'm cutting and having 1500 calories a day. Is this round a bout the right amount of calories I should be having?

Also I'm new to macros; what percentages should I be having of each? Is there a comprehensive guide anywhere?
>>
>>37650220
Post body
>>
File: day1.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
day1.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>37650235

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM
>>
>>37642037
the best cure for doms is to lift. not shitting you, for real.
>>
>>37649946
it will only be a matter of time before your elbows are shot
>>
>>37650372
Nice meme

Outta my way TWINK
>>
How important are deadlifts? I personally don't really like doing them that much, especially not when I'm doing squats the same day.
>>
File: 1464408766823.gif (686 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1464408766823.gif
686 KB, 500x350
how do i get/keep my bf% low. i want about 15% bf
>ps im a girl
>>
When bulking, does it matter if I eat some junk for the denser calories? Or should I still be eating right? (I mean, I'm not going to go to fast food only diet, I just mean after meals, is cake and snacks Ok?)

I'll be hoping to put on muscle mass as I'm skinny at the moment.
>>
>>37650372
Damn thought you were gonna be a grill nevermind lol...
1500 calories might be too much idk you're pretty small. You need a scale to weigh yourself. Give 1500 about 2 weeks-a month. If you're not losing weight then lower calories.
>>
>>37650455
Maybe you have feminine elbows or something
>>
>>37650860
If you want to lower your bf%, eat less.
If you want to keep the same bf% keep eating at your TDEE.
>>
>>37650860
Post body :^)
>>
>>37650912
Calories in calories out mane. You CAN eat junk food but realise those calories are empty and aren't doing anything for you.
>>
>>37650963
So if I want to put on muscle mass, junk isn't going to help?
>>
>>37650974
To a certain extent it can help, reaching your calorie requirement for each day can be troublesome if you have low appetite, so calorie dense junk food would be better than nothing, but both are worse than "clean" food (more from a micronutrient standpoint than from a macronutrient one).
also
>>37650021
shameless self bump
>>
File: 1464229220892.jpg (36 KB, 353x356) Image search: [Google]
1464229220892.jpg
36 KB, 353x356
>>37650954
i have a bf
>>
>>37651044
I have a maths test
>>
>>37651044
So do I but I need body pic to accurately answer your previous question. Whatever it takes right babe?
>>
>>37651044
I have a coffee
>>
>>37650974
You need protein to put on muscle. Junk food like potato chips or candy have none. They'll give you energy and maybe some extra calories to burn but that's it. They are empty calories. If you're getting enough protein already though then junk food should be ok if you need it to eat above maintanence.
>>
Ive got an army fittness test on tuesday, anything I can do before then to improve my push ups? Even an extra one or two will be added to my score.
>>
File: 1465914431772.png (910 KB, 1080x1075) Image search: [Google]
1465914431772.png
910 KB, 1080x1075
>>37651140
good luck anon. you can do it

>>37651160
i have caffeinated sugar-free mints. and a bag of caffeine

>>37651147
why would you even need a body pic. you haven't even asked for my height/weight dude. isn't there a high test thread for you to fap to?

>p.s. what bf% is pic related, and is it natty
>>
>>37642266
>complex carb
>never forget
>>
>>37651203
Height is irrelevant I need to see your body composition/current BF% and I'm gay (no homo)
>>
File: doitforhertaytay.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doitforhertaytay.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
going to makarsk, croatia for 2 weeks this summer, anyone here knows any good gyms that i can join for those weeks?
>>
>>37640457
have anyone tried this program >>>/wsr/144464
>>
>>37651203
Awesome abs, but to much leg for me.
>>
File: 1401428251234.png (264 KB, 502x334) Image search: [Google]
1401428251234.png
264 KB, 502x334
Im going SS (with chin ups) and I want to lift more. How do I add hypertrophy training into SS? Could I just do SS Mon/Wed/Fri with hypertrophy accessories?

>enjoy the chick I posted it for attention
>>
>>37651332
>enjoy the chick I posted it for attention
No thanks, I'm not gay sorry. If you want to train for hypertrophy then stop training on a routine specifically designed for strength stupid ass.
>>
what's the best chest exercise i could do with only dumbbells? according to this guy pic related is bad is that true? (i've been doing it for a year)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y3WDY1tUo
>>
>>37651439
Pushups
>>
File: phraks greyskull lp.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
phraks greyskull lp.png
47 KB, 547x465
>>37651439
the hardest is probably an one-arm pushup with a dumbbell in the other hand, otherwise just bench press or flies

>>37651332
do more reps at the end for hypertrophy, try the greyskull lp program

>>37651193
google 'greasing the groove'
>>
>>37651281
>>37651281
It's Makarska, dipshit.

Screw the Chez bitches. Even if they're married and there with hubby and three kids- they'll go for it.

Or get a British chick drunk and fucker her at the beach, the cops don't give a fuck as long as the girl is not Croatian or Bosnian/Montenegrin ie. doesn't speak their language.

The Croats have turned into jews since they got in the EU. If a coffee is supposed to cost 2E, the water that goes with it will be another 2, plus a surcharge for ordering during rush-hour. No info regarding gyms, sry.
>>
I've seen some people say that SS tends to give you an uneven build favoring your lower body. Assuming I'm starting out skele-tier with average muscle gain, is that really going to show much in my first six months of lifting? First year?

If so, what should I add to offset this?
>>
I overate my TDEE without reaching my protein macros (50g/120g). It was a gym day.
Do I go even higher over it and reach my macros or do I call it a day?
>>
I've been doing SL 5x5 and I'm on week 4
Is it too soon to miss reps? I've counted the reps that I bent my lower back during the squat and the deadlift as reps that I've missed. Also , today I couldnt do the last few reps on the OHP (32kg counting the bar) and on the squat (44kg)
So , is it normal to miss reps so soon?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.