[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm going to look like a fucking weeb because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 751x767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 751x767
I know I'm going to look like a fucking weeb because of pic related, but I don't really give a shit. I've pretty much got this faggot's physique apart from those little muscles on his ribs. I've looked fuckin everywhere I can think of and I still have no idea what they're called or how to work them. Anyone have any info for me?
>>
Those are lats
>>
>>37640024
theyre obliques
>>
>>37640024
serratus anterior, do pull ups
>>
>>37640024
So you have an eight pack but don't know what your serratus anterior an obliques are?
>>
>>37640100
Kek, not quite an 8 pack yet but I'm close to this physique. I just do sit ups and shit. I've never really looked into it much before now, I've just done shit that is supposed to build muscle like pull ups and stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 623x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 623x411
>>37640085
Thanks m8, I do a lot of pull ups but they don't seem to work these muscles. I guess I'm not doing them properly. Any tips on how to do them well or any other exercises that work the same muscle group?
>>
>>37640024
they help you breath. just breath more and you'll see them in no time.
>>
>>37640024
Lmao you weight 100 pounds don't you faggot?
>>
>>37640138
You probably weigh 40 kgs and have no muscle mass. Post a pic of yourself
>>
>>37640085
>>37640185
This is bad advice, pull ups hardly work the serratus, unless you really try to control your scapula while you do them. Regardless, those muscles basically rotate the scapula down and forward, as in the push-up motion
>>
boxers and muay thai guys have good serratus development.

need to punch some shit.
>>
>>37640431
Thanks, I do Ju-Jitsu and I get to punch people during competitions. I used to have a punching bag but I was punching it one day and the screw holding it on the ceiling fell out. Might buy another though.

>>37640428
What do you mean by controlling the scapula? It sounds like something that's hard to explain over the Internet but I would appreciate it if you tried.

>>37640399
>>37640410
I'm fucking light weight unfortunately my friends. I'm not quite as light as your suggestions but I'm still tiny compared to others. I'm only 55 kg (123 lbs) and about 5' 9". But I'm only 19 so I still have time to change. I'm not posting a picture because I know people who lurk here and they'll be able to tell that it's me. I know that sounds stupid but I just cringe at the thought of discussing these things with them. Not sure why, I guess because they all seem to be able to get things done by themselves and I need help with pretty much everything.
>>
>>37640628
YOUR MAJOR IS A JOKE DENNIS. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THAT FILM MAJOR AND GET BACK INTO BIOLOGY OR SUM SHIT YOU SCRAWNY FAGGOT
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>37640651
Wut? Who the fuck is Dennis? The whole point of me being here is to try to build myself up so I'm not scrawny so could you, I don't know, maybe try contributing or something you fucking nigger.
>>
File: dumbbell-pullover.png (133 KB, 516x408) Image search: [Google]
dumbbell-pullover.png
133 KB, 516x408
>>37640085
Dumbbell pullovers work em.
>>
>>37640775
Do Dumbbell pullovers.
>>
>>37640835
>>37640852
Ok, thanks. How much work do you think they need/ can take? I mean pecs and biceps are good with high reps and high weight I think. But what would you say about serratus anterior. High reps, low weight?
>>
>>37640897
3 x 12 with medium weight, mind muscle connection with serratus.
>>
>>37640926
10-12*
>>
>>37640926
Ok, thanks. I just tried 30 with low weight because that's all I got right now. But I'm getting heavier weights soon. Is doing more with less weight worth bothering with until I get heavier weights?
>>
>>37640995
Yes get a good connection with the muscle, just work out and you'll get used to the movement. That way you'll be able to lift more weight in time.
>>
>>37641110
Thanks. That's pretty much everything I need to know right now on that. The only other thing is my forearms look like shit. Are farmer carries the best for that?
>>
>>37640428
Isn't scapula control kind of the point?
I've always done then as more of a back exercise than an arm one.
>>
>>37640138
>>37640628
>>37640897
>situps and pullups
>high reps high weight
>55 kg
Seems like OP has a bad case of didntreadthesticky.
>>
>>37641391
I did read the sticky, it was one of the first things I did. And I get it, eat more and train more. 16* (your body mass) and all that shit. I started this thread just to find out what serrated anterior were and how to train them. It just happened that we talked about other shit too.
>>
>>37641464
Serratus *
>>
>>37641464
You seem like a nice bro, but your weight is really low for your height. Do you have light legs? Isn't it a problem with jiu jitsu as when i practice, i feel like its so much easier to control with strong legs. Just wondering
>>
>>37640628
Basically you won't really get much activation in your serratus doing pull-ups unless you make a conscious effort to hold your scapula in place while doing the pulling motion, which is partially because the motion itself is performed by the lats, which pull the arms in the opposite direction as the serratus pulls the scapula.

Basically think like you're making a cobra pose, puffing your chest out and making your back as flat as possible
>>
>>37641158
Yep that and deadlifting
>>
They are the serratus, and the exercise that hits them pretty much most directly is the pushup-plus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzFr2GT-Is
>>
>>37640024
what is going to reveal your serratus is fat loss. doesnt matter how big they are. judging by what you are saying you are tiny anyway. they'll show if you reach a low enough bf
>>
>>37640628
>55kg
>anyone taking anything you say seriously

Jesus christ, watch out for strong local winds anon
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.