[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Injuries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: FUCKMYLIFE.png (273 KB, 685x275) Image search: [Google]
FUCKMYLIFE.png
273 KB, 685x275
my left wrist hurts as if i had RSI from last week. i was only able to work out once due to work

(back on my regular routine of 5 times a week).

but when i try to curl normally with one hand (or even lift anything that has a flat surface) my wrist just aches on the left side of the wrist on my left arm. i think i may have fucked up on the form with Forearm Dumbell Curls

to keep it safe i bench press with my warmup weight of 40kg and pump out 10x10 (normally i do 6x5 50kg) and do curls with the 10kg (maybe 15kg>)

will my wrist heal? will i have RSI forever? i work as a cleanup boy at a butchers (after work, it feels pretty good with less pain from washing up)

help me out /fit/
>>
File: MikePattonIdeal.png (526 KB, 877x897) Image search: [Google]
MikePattonIdeal.png
526 KB, 877x897
>>37638205
Mike (The holy king of /fit/) Patton used to heal up pretty fast because he would sprint into the ocean and catch fish. The body reacts extremely positively to the mixture of HIIT immediately followed by protein.

Does this answer your question?
>>
>>37638290
Yes, acrually. Thanks so much for your help kind sir.
>>
File: yeah great.gif (2 MB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
yeah great.gif
2 MB, 500x208
>>37638290
thats.... uh great advice there, anon
>>
One of my hamstrings hurts a lot after doing lunges in the smith machine. Any suggestions on what I was doing wrong and how to fix it? I didn't switch off feet this time.
>>
>>37638339
you could try the following
>stretching hammies intensely
>do yoga
>walk lightly for a while as your warm up just for your hammies
>stretch before and after
>>
File: pig.jpg (23 KB, 337x436) Image search: [Google]
pig.jpg
23 KB, 337x436
>>37638339
also dont do lunges on a smith machine, its a waste of time. do it with a curl bar
>>
>>37638205
Stop doing whatever makes it hurt for about 2.5 months. Just stop completely don't aggrevate it at all. See if you can do pull ups to hit your biceps without hurting your wrists.
Then come back to it with lower weight and slowly build up. Do more warmups with some baby weights. Try different hand positions. As soon as something hurts, stop and change what you're doing.

Lifting should never hurt. It can be hard and uncomfortable, but it shouldn't cause actual pain. Pain means you're doing something wrong.

Getting strong is always 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
>>
>>37638421
would stretching the wrist (as in opening fingers wide and doing light RSI preventive exercises) help as well?

so far, ez curls with 15 kilos doesnt hurt my wrist. i just pump out 150 reps with curl bar
>>
>>37638421
also i cant do a single pullup. too heavy with my 18% body fat and my lats are too weak

my physique is skinny fat but im trying to gain muscle with the leftover fat i have
>>
I have an injury under my rib, down my side that aches when laughing, sneezing, laying on it. Happened as a result of leg press. What did i damage, how long will it take to heal, and is there anything i need to do in the interim?
>>
>>37638205
I'm sorry about your girlfriend
>>
>>37638643
good thing im a rightie not a leftie
>>37638629
sounds like a broken rib m80
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.