[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE GOLDEN SIX ROUTINE >Barbell Squat 4Sets 10Reps >Wide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
THE GOLDEN SIX ROUTINE

>Barbell Squat 4Sets 10Reps
>Wide Grip Barbell Bench Press 3Sets 10Reps
>Chin Up 3Sets to failure
>Behind The Neck Overhead Press 4sets 10Reps
>Barbell Curl 3Sets 10Reps
>Bent Knee Sit Up 3-4 Failure

>Arnold recommended performing this routine 3 times per week on alternating days for a 3 month cycle.
Progression

>Once you can do 2/3 reps above the recommended amount increase the weight.
Strive to progress wherever possible.
Rest

>Rest for 2 minutes between sets of squats and no more than 90 seconds for the other exercises.
Exercise advice

>For Arnold’s comments on each exercise, have a read of this article.

>This classic 1950s-1960s style full-body workout is an ideal routine for beginners and ectomorphs looking to bulk up.
These kind of routines – in the vein of Reg Park, John McCallum, Peary Rader etc – are massively underappreciated these days, which is a shame, because although they’re not fashionable or mainstream any more, they are the perfect way to lay the foundation for a well balanced, muscular physique.
Get in, blitz everything, get out, eat, rest, repeat.
It’s as simple as that.
>>
This routine is literall perfection

Thoughts ?
>>
>>37637536
but where's the recommended doping cycle
>>
File: sa2.jpg (105 KB, 593x936) Image search: [Google]
sa2.jpg
105 KB, 593x936
>>37637536
>>Barbell Squat 4Sets 10Reps
>4Sets 10Reps
>4sets
>10reps
>>
>Arnold knows what he's talking about - I mean, look at him!

No though, no he doesn't. Arnold injects copious amounts of steroids into his body, and supplemented them with oral steroids too.

Arnold's body could recover from large volumes of training that would make no sense at all for a natty beginner.

Three sets of 10 reps of bench press followed by 4 sets of 10 reps behind the neck press?

Enjoy lifting just the bar for three months.

Three sets of chinups to failure? Three times a week? Fucking SIT UPS?

Arnold also sold a bendy metal stick that he said would give you huge arms if you did 10 reps of bendy metal stick bends every day.
>>
>>37637543
Sounds pretty basic but i suppose thats the idea?
Dont even need bicep curls imo
>>
>>37637585
Explain how you would improve it then faggot ?

Its only 3 days a week you fucking pussy.

>but b-but arnold was o-on roids goys !

Arnold was takong creatine compared to guys that walk around today, look at OPs pic, you wouldnt even think that was abnormal seeing someone that size today.
>>
>>37637666
Not him, but have fun trying to do 10 reps of any heavy weight, especially on squats. I bet you'll end up knocking yourself out half way through the set and fall backwards and crack your skull.
>>
>>37637666
lol

youre so fucking delusional
>>
>>37637666

Working out til failure for three sets, three times a week?

Doing 4x10 squats three times a week?

Not adding weight until you can do 13 (THIRTEEN) reps for 4 sets?

30 reps of bench followed by 40 reps of behind the neck press? THREE TIMES A WEEK?

Sit ups?

No deadlifts or back work whatsoever?

Go ahead and do that routine faggot,, you'll be the only person who managed to blow his rotator cuff benching 30kg.
>>
>>37637695
>back work whatsoever?

chinups
>>
>>37637695
It does include chin ups though.

What if I do the same exercises, but with less volume and more intensity. Like 5x5?
>>
Just do starting strenght with accessories.
>>
>>37637766

You could do what Arnold also says is the absolute best thing to do, which he did himself, which is Reg Parks 5x5.

Which is basically just SS, which is in the fucking sticky.
>>
>>37637666
You dont know shit buddy, quit acting like you do.
>>
>>37637683
>you do 10 reps the same weight as you would do 5 reps
>>
>>37637825
Sorry, i don't lift baby weights like yourself. Have fun doing my weight of 160 kg for 10 reps ;)
>>
>>37637536
>arnold recommended
dropped cause I'm natty
>>
>>37637536
Thought that was Jeff Seid with a mustache behind him
>>
>>37637536
>joff so swole his muscle tore the space time continuum and he traveled back in time
>>
>>37637536
i cant even do one chin up. i'll do lat pulldowns
>>
Good routine, did it when i was starting out and had great progress.

/fit/ has too big of a hardon for ss and low rep strenght routines.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.