[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of bulking and cutting? Why not leave it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: tMkuVkF.jpg (38 KB, 700x518) Image search: [Google]
tMkuVkF.jpg
38 KB, 700x518
What's the point of bulking and cutting? Why not leave it at eating protein rich and working out?
I mean it's essentially what is giving you muscle, so bulking seems just like a cheap psychological way to give you the impression that you gained even more size(/muscle) without that actually being true.
>>
>>37635363
you have misunderstood the basics of muscle growth
>>
cuz dem gainz

we do it all for vanity

wait

professional bodybuilders do it

wonder why

maybe
it
works
>>
Because in order to build muscle beyond beginner gains and steroids you require a caloric surplus.
>>
>>37635363
Just shut up for a second. You need more than just protein to build muscle - that is important but you are wrong when you say that is essentially what is giving you muscle.
>>
>>37635363

a caloric surplus is a higher intake than the average. the recommended average is meant for people who do an average amount of exercise. when you lift, you're burning more than the average man would in an average day. therefore, you need more calories to rebuild.

You do NOT need a ridiculous 5k or 8k diet, you do NOT need to get fat. Getting fat is just a side-effect of bulking because most people allow themselves too big a surplus, and most people would rather gain a little fat and be sure that they get enough to maximise muscle growth, rather than stay lean or lose weight and risk not building as much as they could. You absolutely do not need to get fat while lifting, but it is an easier and faster way to get big. It certainly isnt surefire, you still need a strict diet and exercise regime to build. You see so many idorts dirty bulking and barely exercising and all they get is chubby and a little stronger.
>>
Yeah, just to thin like you. I was making crazy gains keeping it lean when i first started. But then after about 2 years all my lifts stalled, i didn't get stronger, i didn't get bigger. After a few years you just stop growing unless you bulk. Sure if you're just looking to maintain and stay fit you can just eat at maintenance, but if you want to keep on growing you have to bulk
>>
>>37635363
fat cells produce IGF-1
I thought /fit/ was aware of this.
>>
>>37635363
Essentially that would lead to gainz. Lurk moar.
>>
>>37635368
This

You can either be anabolic or catabolic. Eating lots of protein at maint does just that, it maintains you at your current state and guarantees you'll get neither
muscle/strength gains nor fat loss gains
>>
>>37637821
Almost all metabolic cells produce igf-1 in response to gh anon. Stop the broscience
>>
File: Paladin 3.jpg (40 KB, 356x600) Image search: [Google]
Paladin 3.jpg
40 KB, 356x600
>>37635363
>What's the point of bulking and cutting?

It has absolutely nothing to do with surplus calories and science. It has, in fact, everything to do with gaining the strength of a fat man (as they effectively carry heavy weights around all day every day) in a smaller body.

Also it's not healthy for you, as being overweight itself increases the likelihood of a number of health problems. Unless you're actually shooting for a competition ready body sooner than later you're much better off just eating above your tdee slowly gaining muscle.

Now where are my (you)'s?
>>
File: OIlz4Ch[1].jpg (43 KB, 406x451) Image search: [Google]
OIlz4Ch[1].jpg
43 KB, 406x451
>>37635363
>tfw no qt 3.14 azn gf
>>
>>37638427
this is the worst feel
>>
>>37638427
>tfw get nothing but asian sluts
i really just want a white or hispanic girl right now tbqh senpai
>>
>>37639152
Stop going for asians that are not FOB

Asian americans or asians that have been here for years are huge sluts
>>
>>37635363
You can, but you won't make gains or losses as quickly as if you went full cut/bulk
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.