[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sorry for wall of text Hey I'm not exactly lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: grip-strength.jpg (149 KB, 644x408) Image search: [Google]
grip-strength.jpg
149 KB, 644x408
>Sorry for wall of text

Hey I'm not exactly lifting big figures or anything but as my weights have been progressing up I've noticed my grip is starting to fail on bent over dumbell rows and lat pull downs.

I have to stop the last few reps of my set just to get my grip again. I work all day on the computer and spend a lot of my free time on the computer as well, I don't know if this could be a contributing factor?

Any tips for improving grip strength? I'm going to invest in one of them hand grip things you squeeze but just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and how they corrected it?
>>
>>37633389
>>sorry for wall of text
>5 sentences, 6 lines

>I'm going to invest in one of them hand grip things you squeeze

You've already solved your problem
>>
>>37633407
It looked a lot more when I wrote it up haha, so shall I just keep pumping this fucker whenever I have free time or incorporate it into a day on my routine?
>>
>>37633389
Train forearms with forearm curls, if you've gotta chalk go ahead and chalk but don't use straps.
>>
>>37633423
I'm already training forearms after shoulders, doing standing wrist curls and barbell wrist curls. Yeah I don't want to use gloves or straps as it is just masking the problem I would rather just improve my grip as much as I can even if it means keeping the weight lower until it catches up.
>>
>>37633498
Wise. Yeah let the grip catch up while you increase volume on whatever it's holding back you'll be fine. Next time try
>qtddtot
>>
>>37633422
50-100 reps 3 sets twice a day, day on day off for the hand grip in addition to whatever you lift. over time increase weight as well as intensity (how fast you pump it) within 12 weeks or 36 exercise sessions you'll have apple crushing grip strength.
>>
File: 1427061432807.jpg (1 MB, 1900x1500) Image search: [Google]
1427061432807.jpg
1 MB, 1900x1500
>>37633498

Personally, I don't find wrist curls to be particularly effective - the wrist is almost entirely tendon.

Instead, try wrist rolling. That will blow your flexors and your extensors the fuck up.

Definitely get some grip trainers - ones that go from 20 kg or so to 80 kg or so.

Train three times a week at your desk, 3x8-12 for each hand, then flip it upside down and do 3x8-12 again for each hand. Turn the resistance up a quarter turn or whatever every session.

Crush strength and forearm strength will get you some decent grip strength.

The other thing you can do without dramatically affecting your routine is hold the bar at the top of your last rep of deadlift for as long as you can - static holds are a great way to build grip strength.

Anything and everything in pic-related is going to help.

Good luck, brother.
>>
>>37633389
>Any tips for improving grip strength?

Add heavy deadlifts into your legs workouts. My grip has much stronger since adding deads.
>>
>>37633764
Will do mate thanks!

>>37633799
I just ordered one on ebay that goes up to 40kg so I'll follow what you said, thanks again!
>>
>>37633389
just keep lifting. it will work its way out, its something everyone has to some extent.

my grip on deadlift is awful when I don't deadlift every week.

so just do it more often

>>37633820
don't do this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.