[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If i do a back bis/chest tris split, where do the following exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 600500-1.jpg (49 KB, 533x791) Image search: [Google]
600500-1.jpg
49 KB, 533x791
If i do a back bis/chest tris split, where do the following exercises fit in?

>shoulder press (hits back and tris also)
>rear delt flys (back and tris also)
>chest flys (hits front delts and bis also)

And shoulder isolation stuff like lat raises and front raises?

Basically i want to try to hit the gym 6 days a week (currently doing this with an upper/lower split, but i can't keep up with the volume on legs) and am having trouble figuring out where to put a lot of the shoulder stuff.
>>
Bamp

Maybe i should do a back tris/chest bis split?
>>
The shoulders are part of the back
>>
>>37632769
No man, your shoulders are the biceps of the top of your arms.
>>
>>37632803
Um

So shoulders with back and bis...?

But what about shoulder exercises that also incorporate chest or triceps?
>>
>>37632869
Bro... your triceps are the biceps of the back of your arms.
>>
Rear delt stuff goes on back day. Front delt and medial delt on chest/tri.
>>
>>37632803
>>37632886
Shut up retarded motherfucker I'm not joking, the shoulders ARE part of your back.
>>
>>37632919
Hm that leaves lateral delts and shoulder press though
>>
shoulder stuff is a pressing movement and belongs on chest/tris. Just do PPL
>>
>>37632929
My dick is part of your back
>>
>>37632932
Wtf no it doesn't. Lateral=medial. Press=front and to some extent medial.
>>
>>37632929
no they fucking arent are you retarded? back muscles are for pulling movements and how the fuck are you expecting to train your shoulders with a pull?
>>
>>37632584
OHP goes on tricep day
Rear delt flies go on back day
Chest flies go on chest day

Dumbbell shoulder work, front raises, lateral raises can all go either on your chest day or on a dedicated shoulder day, they don't use the triceps much.
>>
>>37632962
>tricep day
> dedicated shoulder day
fucking why do people think that this is good programming
>>
>>37632970
By tricep day I meant chest and tricep day, like OP was asking.

As for shoulders, if you don't care about OHP strength you can throw in shoulder work on a leg day and get perfectly fine muscle gains unless you do tricep heavy moves and your triceps are fatigued from previous days.
>>
>>37632955
Oh lol i misread your post, my bad.

Ok, legit. Although like anon said above (tried to quote phone spazzed) maybe PPL would make more sense
>>
>>37633008
I would put shoulders on leg day if leg day didn't completely destroy me, lol

I mean i guess i could technically do shoulders first
>>
>>37632958
No wonder why you retards are either fat motherfuckers or dyel pieces of shit
>>
Also do calves on chest/tris
>>
>>37633034
Do one heavy deads/squats and then hit the other muscle group high volume with a less CNS heavy exercise like leg press or RDLs and follow up only with light work like step ups, leg extensions, hamstring curls for hams, etc.

This is assuming you train legs twice a week though, otherwise you'd be better off dropping either heavy squats or heavy deads.
>>
>>37633035
in terms of functionality the shoulders work in tandem with the chest and tris on just about every pressing movement so why would you train them with back?
>>
>>37633108
Rear delt flys incorporate triceps and upper back, as does the dumbbell shoulder press.
>>
>>37633129
most shoulder stuff incorporates tris and the upper back work is minimal. I guess rear delts specifically are part of back
>>
>>37632584
Just do greyskull lp, you fagnigger
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.