[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bulk Before Basic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: basic.jpg (59 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
basic.jpg
59 KB, 534x401
I'm leaving for basic training in about a week. I know that losing muscle mass is inevitable, but can the loss of gains be reduced if I start cramming food in my mouth for the next week to try and gain a bit of blubber? Would that slow the loss of muscle as a result of a lot of cardio and malnutrition?

Also, I'm not even slightly worried about making the training harder on myself, because I'm already in excellent shape. I'd gladly add a bit of strain during the training in exchange for keeping a pound of muscle.
>>
>>37632579
Are you a conscription baby?
>>
>>37632579
Army vet here. Anon you are overestimating how difficult PT is in the military. If you are in shape it's going to be a cake walk. Since you are moving all day you will be hungry and 3 meals still sent me to bed hungry as fuck. Other than that it's just like a really shitty summer camp.

Also, fuck off peacetime faggot.
>>
>>37633182
Won't be peace time very long if Trump gets elected.
Also I'm aiming for Navy in February after I "graduate" from UTI diesel.
>>
>>37633663
>navy basic
so do you feel like you are actually joining the military?
If you were joining the Marines or the Army then yea I'd tell you to get about 5-10 pounds of fat to keep your shape for a few weeks but you will lose it and you will start losing muscle. It's better to just think of getting jacked after basic anyways.
>>
Doesn't your body go to muscle first if your body gets starved so I don't think adding fat would help
>>
Ask someone who went through navy boot camp anything.

I got medically discharged one week before graduation so I went through the entire thing.
>>
>>37633712
How about air force basic ..
>>
>>37634901

About how many calories did you get to eat per day?
How often do you workout, and what exercises besides the obvious (pushups, situps)?
I also heard that pullups aren't required in navy basic but, are you still allowed to do them?
>>
If you learn to eat fast you will have enough calories to maintain. Hell some people even gain weight in basic

>>37633182
Did you literally not read his post, he isn't concerned with how hard to PT is
>>
>>37632579
Don't bother bulking.
Worst case scenario is that you're too heavy for your height and they put you on reduced rations during boot camp. Those guys hated life.

Learn to eat fast and always get extra chow when you can. Your TDEE's will be something retarded like 4000+ calories a day.

You're gonna spend the first half of it leaning out hardcore because your body probably isn't used to the constant exertion. After you get used to it, you'll start packing on weight again, slowly, provided you're eating everything you're served at the chow hall and getting seconds when you can. The trick is that there's always a salad bar for lunch and dinner chow, so fill that bowl up with the hardboiled eggs, ham, and cheese (cottage cheese if it's available). Don't actually make a salad with vegetables and shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.