[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ let's settle this: Powder or liquid in first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: which is it.jpg (65 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
which is it.jpg
65 KB, 600x399
Alright /fit/ let's settle this:

Powder or liquid in first?
>>
Powder, obvi
>>
Depends how well it mixes.
>>
>>37632498
powder so the liquid breaks it up when it's poured in
>>
Liquid, you serious? If you put the powder in first it's much harder to mix because it sticks to the plastic
>>
a cup of water then two scoop, then shake
>>
I don't really notice a difference in either. I like putting liquid in first so I can measure how much milk I put in.
>>
>>37632518
This
>>
In my experience if you put the powder first then it gets a little clumped at the bottom. I do liquid first and do a little whirlpool while i pour the powder in.
>>
powder and then enough liquid to mix it to a yogurt like consistency and then more water until it's drinkable
>>
>>37632516
I do this.
>>
I throw the scoop in my mouth and run the faucet and just straight nosh on it
>>
>int_0^pi sin(x)dx + 2014
>not snorting your powder

Most of you will never make it.
>>
Liquid, obvi
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>37632498
Piano man says to put the water in first
>>
Little bit of water, then shake, then top off. Also use milk
>>
>>37632663
is he natty?
>>
half liquid, then powder, then rest of liquid after a few shakes. if you're in a hurry liquid then powder
>>
File: image_4.jpg (53 KB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
53 KB, 564x428
>>37632694
He left humanity behind long ago
>>
>>37632800
I asked if he was natty
>>
>>37632819
A man that leaves humanity behind can never be Natty.
>>
Liquid, powder, rest of liquid.

This is objectively the best.
>>
>>37632663
IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO PUT THE WATER IN FIRST, VERY IMPORTANT
>>
>>37632498
>put in the powdah
>get the water pourer
>pour water in and twist the cup to avoid powder floating at the top
>stir with spoon
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 366x380
>>37632620
0-0+2014=2016
?????
>>
>>37633857
>babby's first definite integral
>>
>>37633778
u mean milk right?
>>
>>37634544
>using milk

Fuck off newfag
>>
File: 1420011440860.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1420011440860.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>37634602
>he doesn't put milk in protein shakes for extra protein
>>
i think a lot of people assume powder first is better cause the pouring would cause some automixing magic to happen

in reality you end up with a shell of wet powder that leaves entirely dry ball at the bottom of your glass. if you dont shake your drinks this causes a lot of extra whey to stick to the bottom of the glass

powder after is better. i am a convert. does not matter if you use a shaker cup or something but I use mason jars
>>
>>37632498
I always do liquid first because that prevents the chance of having it stick to the bottom of the shaker cup.
>>
>>37632498
I mix both at the same time by getting my Mom to throw milk at me while I throw the powder and then I lick it up from the floor for extra gains.
>>
I do water, then powder, then water.
>>
>>37632504
this
>>
>>37632498
it doesn't matter as long as the powder is activated.
>>
>>37632516
Two scoops?
CUUMMMOOOOONNNNN
Need 8 at least
>>
Better question
During the workout or after the workout?
>>
>>37633857
how could you possibly think that that integral evaluates to 0?
>>
>>37635360
>during the workout
disgusting
>>
liquid until the little wire shaker ball is almost completely submerged
then powder, then the rest of the liquid
>>
I always found that powder first makes it stick to the sides and the bottom.
>>
Is there a way to make protein powder mix with cola?
The powder I bought tastes shit, so I decided to put it in some coke ("it can't possibly get worse"), and it tasted good, but the powder clumped up badly.
Any ideas?
>>
>>37636760
That sounds sickening.
>>
>>37632498
putting in powder first is dumb as fuck, as it creates pockets of mushed together "hydrophobic" patches that stick to the walls of your shaker.

Everyone who made chocolate milk as a kid should know this, jesus.
>>
Blender master race reporting.
>>
>>37636804
Yeah, but it was actually pretty decent.
>>
>>37632498

>2016
>Not using blender

Put into blender:
1) Milk
2) 2 Scoops
3) Ice Cream
4) Chocolate syrup
5) Cookie pieces or M&M's

Blend
Enjoy your protein!
>>
Liquid first is retarded. The powder just floats on top and starts clumping when you mix it.
>>
>>37636880

Never gonna make it
>>
>>37632498
Used to do powder, but liquid first mixes way better.
>>
>>37634602
>Doesn't realise skim milk is pretty much just protein and a little carbs and you should get as much of it as possible
>Drinks whey which is basically just milk protein
>Calls others newfag
>>
>>37632498
I do liquid, then powder, then a bit more liquid on top, then shake.
>>
>>37632498
Put the water in first, VERY IMPORTANT TO PUT THE WATER IN FIRST
>>
>>37635045
This.

Also, use a fucking blender. I got a blendtec on a whim and I fucking love that thing. You can put all kinds of shit in. Cottage cheese, oats, plain yogurt, greens, fruit, chia seeds, whatever.
I had a ninja before and while it was a nice blender shit like oats and spinach would make for a pulpy fucking shake.
>>
>>37638128
>>37636880

Right on. I never had issues with Ninja though. Are you saying that it blends too much and makes it frothy?
>>
>>37632498
>some liquid
>some powder
>remaining liquid
>remaining powder
>>
>>37638451
The blendtec can make it somewhat frothy but I don't mind that. The ninja just failed to actually blend fibrous things up completely, leaving behind a not so great texture. I have even put raw beets in the blendtec, granted you have to chop or cube them first for best results.

I also have been blending my oats and chia in bulk lately, turning them into powder and storing in a tub. I just throw a scoop into my shakes. I think I get even better results this way and I can add them to other things like pancakes or cornbread.
>>
>>37632509
What if I use glass senpai?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.