[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does fit think about the seven minutes workout, popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_11216-Scientific-71156893600.png (254 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11216-Scientific-71156893600.png
254 KB, 1440x1080
What does fit think about the seven minutes workout, popularized by the nyt? Other than it actually being 21 minutes.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?referrer=
>>
if you do this every day for a week you will maintain good health, as long as your diet is good and you add in 2 hours of cardio a week. There are no gains to be made with this, unless you are very weak to begin with.
>>
the squats have a potential to fuck up your back
>>
>>37630008
7 minutes to do all 12 exercises? Thats 35 seconds per exercise. Might as well just walk to the fridge and back to the couch.
21 minutes to do all 12 exercises? Thats 1 minute and 45 seconds per exercise.
This some kind of joke?
>>
>>37630008
>The Scientific 7-Minute Workout
>no citations to support

lololol, if there was ever a time where citation is needed for results
>>
>>37630008
If people wanted to sell easy workout advice they should advocate for playing team sports or joining activity classes (yoga class, training groups for races, etc.) Don't understand how people fall for this shit. I see the same kind of "shortcuts" for meditation and journaling as well.
>>
File: pepe looks at you in disbelief.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
pepe looks at you in disbelief.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>>37630008
>FAST PROGRESS NOW
>SHORT WORKOUT
>EFFICIENT
>EASY WAY TO GAIN/LOSE WEIGHT/MUSCLE FAST
>SEE RESULTS AFTER 1 WEEK
>TRAINERS DO THIS SIMPLE TRICK

fuck this shit. if media would be honest with fitness and weight things, because lets be honest its a slow as fuck process, less people would quit bettering themselves and more would live a more healthy life.
>>
>>37630072
It's in the first paragraph
>>
>>37630008
>a woman can do it
should answer your question
>>
>>37630060
kek
>>
>>37630008
>Planks are HIIT for normies

Good going, Ameristan.

This will increase your endurance and make you leaner if you're an unfit normie. The news article isn't far off the truth. It's about as effective as doing some jogging, 90% of which is walking because you're an unfit normie and going to the gym and flailing around with 20lb dumbbells because you're still an unfit normie. It does worry me that they believe a typical american can do a 90 degree step up without cheating.
>>
>>37630008
Isometrics can work extremely well for a lot of people, and you develop a lot of muscle control. There's that one black guy from prison that's ripped as fuck and he has youtube videoe showing his isometrics. I've done things similar to what was posted in the OP, but the kicker is you need to focus on and perfect the form of each and every workout to be nearly flawless in order to get significant results.

The workouts themselves are great, but it's too easy to let form and posture ruin the progress so I wouldn't recommend it for most people. My routine lasted around 35-40 mins so I'd definitely recommend going at it longer than 21.
>>
>>37630008
Some of those things are impossible for typical normies, at least in good form. Nothing wrong with it if you have good eating habbits and want to remain healthy.
>>
>>37630008

This is good if you are fat. A skinny guy doing squats with the bar (e.g. Stronglifts) is the same a a guy with no bar and 45 lbs over his lean body weight.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.