[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf wants to go to the gym /fit/. Im skellington king so I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1464800029778.jpg (93 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
1464800029778.jpg
93 KB, 500x617
My gf wants to go to the gym /fit/. Im skellington king so I'm cool with that. The problem is I tend to get very competitive. When she decided she wanted to go running with me it ended up frustrating as fuck for me and stressful for her. How do I avoid competitive autism and how do I stop her from wasting time doing meme exercises?

Also I assume we should both do SS + accessories?
>>
Your girlfriend wants YOU to go to the gym, and is willing to do it with you to make sure it happens. She realized that she's turned on by more muscular guys, and being the loyal bitch she is, decided to try to change you instead of leave you, which shouldn't be a problem if you want the same for yourself.
Both of you just get the SL app and don't deviate from it; you can't be competitive if you let your phone decide how much you lift.
>>
>>37630005
No, she wants to lose weight and, in typical female fashion, she's copying her friend.

I'll look into SL though, thanks.
>>
>>37629868
if you want to look good and not waste energy i recommend learning what macros are and working yours out, Gym is 30% of the battle bro, rest is what you put in and how much of each
>>
>>37630005
>stronglifts
Literally the second worst novice routine, outside of ICF which is just SL with arms, because blaha is retarded.

Ss is what you want if you want to get as big and stronk as possible.
Gslp is what you want if you want autistic body symmetry, and slightly more gains than SL

Reg parks is decent.
>>
>>37630820
>hurr diet is so hard
Literally just eat your caloric needs, and .8g/lb protein, while not actively eating low carb or low fat.

It is that fucking easy.
Who struggles to get .35g/lb fats? Literally only autismos that eat only chicken breast, broccoli and rice.
>>
>>37630860
What's wrong with sl with accessories?
>>
>>37631970
It is just sub optimal, mang.
You can run sl and get good results.

But you can also lift like anbro and get good results.

Just not as efficiently, or in as much time
>>
>>37630884
People who suck in the gym and take forever to make progress look for excuses that aren't, "hey maybe I'm not working hard enough in the gym".
>>
>>37631987
You dont even have to work that hard as a novice.

Just do your 3x5s and add 5lb next time
>>
>>37629868
ahahahhahaha
>>
>>37631985
What would you suggest as accessories? SL says squat, bench and row for A, squat, OHP and dead for B. I'm doing it as a supplement for martial arts and have a weaker upper body. I assume pull ups would be a good idea.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.