[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sumo V Conventional for Aesthetics: Final Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: sumo.jpg (50 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
sumo.jpg
50 KB, 850x567
Also does going a narrower grip on sumo give good stabilizer gains?
>>
ITT: People who hate on sumo because they saw some guy lifting more than them.

Rationalising their weak deadlift in 3... 2... 1...
>>
I don't want to compete, so I train conventional.
>>
do both desu, you're not doing one of those shitty beginner lps where u deadlift once a weak? right anon?
>>
>>37628729
>deadlifting heavy twice a week
CNS fatigue would be terrible
>>37628571
But Aesthetics is what I wanna know, I dont care about lifting more weight off the ground
>>
>deadlift
>aesthetics

Pick 1
>>
>>37629381
>implying deadlifts arn't amazing for building mass, increasing test, and conditioning your body to lift heavy weights
nice b8 m8
>>
>>37629397
also posture gains >>37629381
>>
>>37629366
I deadlift 3 times a week, unless you're training 8 hours a day cns fatigue is a bullshit copout
>>
File: why.webm (284 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
284 KB, 600x338
>>37630942
>I deadlift 3 times a week,
>>
>>37630942
i think there are some people that could do it and some that could not. Its the same for athletes as they go up into higher levels, some have the genetics to go with the skill and are able to train maximally while others bodies cannot deal with it.
>>
From what I've seen it looks like sumo deadlift will work more legs, conventional will work more back

So conventional for aesthetics
>>
>>37631125
this desu
>>
Sumo has a relatively smaller ROM compared to convention.

Sumo targets glutes more.
>>
>>37631301
Conventional deadlift and hip thrusts itmis
>>
File: pepe thinking.png (37 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
pepe thinking.png
37 KB, 396x400
>>37628729

why do novice routins only have deadlift once a week?
>>
>>37627784
>Final Edition
this is a lie. the argument will go on for eternity
ima just keep making gains
>>
>>37631301
>>37631125
this is pretty accurate.
Closer the legs are together, the more quad and back activation.
Wider legs make it more glute, hip, and hamstring dominant.

I train conventional because it feels better and I can pull more with it (mostly cause I dont train sumo).

Granted I swapped out DL a few weeks ago for Power cleans/ Romanian deadlifts/ Snatch Grip Deadlifts/ and good mornings.
>>
https://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/exercises/deadlift/#TOP

ABSTRACT

The deadlift is a key exercise in strength and conditioning programs. There are several deadlift variations, classifiable by the type of barbell used, and the technique used (sumo, conventional, stiff-legged, Romanian).

Training status may affect quadriceps muscle activity during deadlifts, with greater muscle activity being observed in more advanced lifters. Deadlift technique (sumo vs. conventional) does not affect gluteus maximus, hamstrings, or adductor muscle activity. Quadriceps muscle activity is greatest in the order sumo > conventional > stiff-legged. Gastrocnemius muscle activity is greater in the conventional than in the sumo deadlift.

The deadlift involves greater upper lumbar erector spinae muscle activity but less lower lumbar erector spinae muscle activity than the back squat. It involves similar abdominal muscle activity to the back squat, side plank and superman exercises. Using a weightlifting belt in the deadlift may lead to more rectus abdominis muscle activity and less external obliques muscle activity.
>>
>>37631448
Greater training status, using lifting straps and using a hexagonal barbell instead of a straight barbell are all associated with greater 1RM deadlifts. However, eccentric 1RM deadlifts are not greater than concentric 1RM deadlifts and there are no differences between sumo, conventional or stiff-legged deadlift styles.

Using a hexagonal barbell is associated with greater power outputs than a straight barbell. Peak power in deadlifts appears to occur between 30 – 50% of 1RM. The effect of relative load on rate of force development is unclear but faster bar speeds are associated with greater rate of force development.

Peak trunk angles are more horizontal in conventional deadlifts compared to sumo deadlifts and in straight bar deadlifts compared to farmers’ walk bar deadlifts but there is no difference in peak trunk angles between straight bar and hexagonal bar deadlifts.

In contrast, peak knee and ankle angles do not differ between straight barbell and farmers’ walk bar deadlifts or between conventional and sumo deadlift styles, while peak knee angles are more acute in hexagonal barbell deadlifts compared to straight barbell deadlifts.

Training status affects peak hip, knee and shank angles. Peak hip and knee angles are more acute in unskilled lifters than in skilled lifters. Shank angles are less vertical in unskilled lifters compared to skilled lifters.
>>
>>37631459
Lumbar spine net joint moments increase with increasing load, are greater in conventional style deadlifts compared to sumo style deadlifts, and are greater in straight barbell deadlifts compared to hexagonal barbell deadlifts. Similarly, hip net joint moments increase with increasing relative load and are greater in straight barbell deadlifts compared to hexagonal barbell deadlifts.

Knee net joint moments do not increase with increasing relative load, are greater in sumo style deadlifts compared to conventional style deadlifts, and are greater in hexagonal barbell deadlifts compared to straight barbell deadlifts. This is because of differences in external moment arm lengths, which can be either knee flexor or knee extensor between different individuals and when using different barbell types.

Ankle net joint moments increase with increasing load and differ between deadlift styles, being plantar flexor in the conventional style but dorsiflexor in the sumo style. This is because of differences in external moment arm lengths, which can be either ankle plantar flexor or dorsiflexor between different deadlift variations.
>>
>>37628288
Boardshorts please go
>>
>>37627784
Deadlift arent for aesthetics, you big fucking faggot, they are for getting maximum strength gains, getting a little hypertrophy is a plus

Also, sumo is for cheating pussy whores who cannot do conventional and like to have a smaller ROM so they dont rip their pantyhoses
>>
>>37631448
>>37631459
>>37631481
no diff in glute

sumo activates more quads

conventional more trunk/gastro
>>
>>37631505
>deadlifts arent for aesthetics
...which is why arnold and zane both did them?
>>
>>37631528
those guys were in stupid amounts of roids, they could do the most retarded brosplit and still get huge

faggot
>>
>>37631528
>>37631505
yes and no

IF compound lifts elicit greater hormonal response

and the reason for hypertrophy/aesthetics is from a hormonal response

technically, yes it is required.
>>
>>37629397
theyre a reaallly overated exercise, might give you back thickness, but then why not just do rack pulls? can do higher volume and less cns fatigue
they'll hit your hams and glutes, but why when you could hit them better with squats/leg curls/lunges/bulgarians

also the thickening of the waist once you reach a respectable weight isnt exactly amazin for aesthetics is it?

Of course if youre aiming to get stronger, jump higher, be more athletic in a sense or compete then yeah fine.
Its about goal orientated programming bro
I think quad made a post on this a few years back, dunno

and this whole boost test shit is some BS
>>
>>37631649
>needs to type out a dissertation just to justify why deadlifts aren't GOAT
DYEL, faggot?
>>
>>37631707
yeah alright mate, love that
>>
>>37631448
>>37631421
Big legs are more aesthetic than a big Back so Sumo wins. The only problem is Im pretty sure Sumo gives you too big hip adductors which arn't aesthetic and are annoying because they scrape eachother
>>
>>37633180
I can't do sumo because my sleeve length is longer than my inseam. Instant upper back curve.

>Planet of the Apes.
>>
>all this hate for people who deadlift multiple times a week

my deadlift literally was my worst lift until i started deadlifting 3 times a week and now its my best
>>
>>37630942
t. Sub-1000lb total
>>
>>37631707
They might be good for you but for aesthetics theyre useless.
They literally do NOTHING and in many cases they widen your waist which is counter productive for aesthetics.
>>37633180
>big legs are more aesthetic than a big back
We have different views on aesthetics.
>>
>>37633898
Show me a picture of a dude with a thicc back compared to his legs and Ill post a guy with thicc legs compared to his back which will be more aesthetic
>>
>>37633926
also >>37633898 im talking about lower back, upper back is not best developed through deadlifts anyway
>>
>>37633926
>>37633934
Good point.
Either way i feel like legs are useless for aesthetics.
Of course as a bodybuilder you need to have big legs but if you wanna look good for girls and shit theyre useless.
Im not some fag who lifts for girls only by the way so i still train my posterior chain and legs but they are pretty useless for aesthetics.
>>
>>37634051
If you think legs are useless for aesthetics you are DYEL or you skip leg day. Women LOVE a big ass (women will look at dudes butt's when they walk away) and a slightly bigger lower body than upper body at lowish BF looks GOAT (top soccer dudes is a good example). Furthermore a lot of "normies" under train legs so its easy to impress the ladies with shredded legs and big glutes. A strong lower back doesnt do this.
>>
File: haramaf.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
haramaf.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>37627784
>mixed grip
Enjoy your muscle imbalances with your attempt to compensate a weak grip

>ynotbothmasterrace

>>37629366
>cns fatique would be terrible
Only the first 3 weeks, your body is pretty good at adapting to shit like this
>>
>>37628571
Then why do so many powerlifters go for conventional?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.