[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's one exercise you guys hate? For me it would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 54.png (60 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
54.png
60 KB, 400x388
What's one exercise you guys hate?

For me it would have to be OHP, been on SS for 6 months and i only got 55kg x5. It's always such a struggle, and an hour or two later my shoulders feel weak and like they are out of fuel. They feel incredibly tired even though i eat and drink a shake.

Next day they are completely fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KesQVGoYLso
>>
Rear elevated lunges. I'm always breathing insanely hard after, like my lunges feel like they are gonna explode after, and that's only with 160lb's.

Yet I can squat 300ish pounds for a much larger ROM for just as many reps and not be breathing anywhere as hard.
>>
File: 321.jpg (177 KB, 1257x1280) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
177 KB, 1257x1280
>>37624901
My form is correct. My shoulders still feel tired and weak as fuck after my workout until the rest of the night (i work out at 8pm). And my left is a lot worse so i assume maybe it needs to be stretched.

Might start using 20kg for 1-2 weeks and then back to the full weight and see how it goes.
>>
Bent over rows

My deadlift form is okay but I can't keep my back straight during rows, doesnt help I'm tall.

Unfun shitty exercise that makes me think I'm going to go to snap city everytime I do it.
>>
>>37624847
squats

I just really dislike the sensation
>>
>>37625056
Put the bar on the ground

Keeping it in the air makes your back tired and your lower back starts to round
>>
>>37625073
You and me both brother
>>
>>37624847

Deadlifts, I hate them and just do them at a lower weight with more reps to try to keep my lower body proportional. Fuck trying to lift them heavy.
>>
>>37625145
>this triggers the powerlifters
>>
>>37624847
Fucking this

OHP is the fucking bane of my existence. For a whole 3 months my OHP was stuck at a goddamn 40kg and it would just not fucking go up. Then I stopped doing it because I literally dread doing that lift every time. I don't give a fuck. DB presses will be fine
>>
>>37624847

You're approaching 1pl8 OHP which is pretty decent and you should probably not expect much more from SS at this point for this exercise.
>>
>>37625056
I have the exact same problem. Is it reasonable to replace the exercise with something like pullups?
>>
>>37625086

I do and I think it makes it worse because I want to bend over when I put the bar down. Going to try keeping my hips farther back.
>>
>>37625056

Dumbbell Rows
>>
>>37625190
I want to stop, especially the way my shoulders feels so tired after the workout. It's a weird sensation and only happens to my shoulders. I hate the weak feeling but it's an important exercise so i don't want to quit.
>>
>>37625145
YOURE A LITTLE BITCH BRO

COMPLAINING ABOUT LIFTING HEAVY ASS SHIT

NOT GONNA MAKE IT
>>
File: 1454184393636.jpg (63 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1454184393636.jpg
63 KB, 540x960
>>37624847
Im now into my 3rd week of SS and I want to ask something.

I see a lot of people saying that OHP is hardest liftm but I can OHP same weight as I can bench.

I know my lifts are baby but:
OHP 45kg
bench 45kg
squat 50kg
deadlift 70kg

I am recovering skeletor, but people say my bench should be way higher than my OHP, and its literally the same. Also my squat is fucking terrible, and I can't pass 55kg with good form, any advices on that?
>>
>>37624847
Squats. I keep having to deload because of really bad knee valgus and I'm still lifting less on my squat than I was in high school in track so I never get the satisfaction of a PR.

Just really trying not to tear my ACL. I've looked up what causes knee valgus and it seems likely that mine is caused by a combination of all 3 primary reasons so I have a lot of mobility and assistance work to do that I keep forgetting about until after I've left the gym.

I'll think of this thread tonight before I start my squats and start solving the problem. They used to be fun.
>>
>>37625351
Give it some time regarding your OHP and Bench. Also, make certain you are not push pressing during OHP. For your squat, work on your mobility and stretch to promote good form and maintain the current weight for a week or two as you stretch.
>>
>>37624847
Waking up.
>>
File: 1465651853469.jpg (144 KB, 1120x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465651853469.jpg
144 KB, 1120x1200
>>37625351
I doubt you are even pressing 45kg with good form, lad. Especially after 3 weeks and that you are a recovering skeleton. Don't know what to say other than eat more and keep lifting.

I am the opposite, i was able to continue upping my squat weight every week by 2-3 kg increments. Currently at 110kg x5.
>>
>>37625351

You're probably doing everything wrong. You shouldn't stall on the squat until a few months. Your bench shouldn't be that low if your ohp is that high. Your form is probably fucked on one of the exercises (won't let you progress or your progressing to quickly with loose ass shit form). If your OHP was lower and your squat and DL was a tad bit higher your numbers would make sense.

How's your diet?
How's your rest?
How's your form? (only videos will do here. almost all novices overestimates their form)
>>
>>37625412
Maybe im not doing it with good form, but I had decent shoulders from work before lifting so maybe that helped.

I am eating enough and lifting. So far I added 5kg on everylift everytime I went to gym, but last 2 times I was unable to add 5kg more to squats. Also I hate fucking stick legs, maybe thats a problem. Any exercise that can help me grow my legs faster?
>>
>>37625435

Why are you adding such big increments, have you actually tried going a bit slower and maybe going the 1-2kg route? As the other guy mentioned how is your diet? I'm on a bulk and hitting roughly 4k calories a day. That would have also helped with my lifts.
>>
>>37625435
Yeah, squats and deads. Post a form check because I bet your form is utter garbage.
>>
>>37625435

You're not supposed to add 5 kg for very long. You're squatting three times a week for fuck sake. That'd be 15 kg a week. You only do this for like the first week or two (maybe more for others but in general). Then you reduce it to 2.5 kg jumps and finally to 1 kg (this won't happen for a few months if you do everything correctly).
>>
>>37625435

Also, you're already looking for excuses to not fix your shit? It's obvious you know something is wrong when you ask "any exercise that can help my legs grow faster" when all you have to do is squat for the first year or two.
>>
File: 654fg.png (183 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
654fg.png
183 KB, 370x359
>>37625453
Yeah, it's pretty fucking retarded and only asking for trouble. I am the OP and only did this for the first 2 weeks and got to the weight i was comfortable at but still found somewhat challenging. That's when i started adding 2-3 kg every week. Not every fucking session.. who the fuck does that?

Unless your on Test E it seems foolish.
>>
>>37625475
What do you mean excuses? I am trying to fix my shit but besides squatting I dont know how.
>>37625453
That's what SS said, to add 5kgs while I can. So far i can. Also I started at 30kg squat.

>>37625451
Yes I think that would actually be the case with ddl, but I think my form on squats is not the worst. I even went back some weight, because of how shitty I percieved my form to be.
>>
>>37625513
It more likely said five pounds and you saw kg. You can't add 10 pounds every workout for more than 6 workouts unless you really cheat the fucking exercises.
>>
>>37625538
how much longer until he goes to snap city?
>>
>>37625557
Not soon enough with that piss poor attitude of his
>>
>>37625513

You're asking for advice and we're giving you the answers.

With your numbers something has gone HORRIBLY wrong with your squat, obviously. Something has gone HORRIBLY wrong with EITHER your Press (progressing too quickly with shit loose cheating form) or your Bench Press (not progressing quickly enough because of incorrect form, not cheating form per se like the press).

SS tells you to to only increase 7.5 kg until the bar path slows down IIRC, then you reduce to 5 kg, and again to 2.5 kg. This is like a month of lifting. This is true for all the lifts. If you're not progressing you need to do smaller jumps.

Also post more information about your diet and your resting patterns if you really want to fix ur shit. Also form videos. Don't forget that we're trying to help you.
>>
>>37625538
It says 5-10lbs. But okay, I will just stay at this weight and make sure my form is fine.

>>37625575
diet: last 2 weeks (since i started keeping track of it) average 3200 calories a day and 72g protein

resting patterns ufm... I go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 9am every day.

Cannot provide videos now.

also
>SS tells you to to only increase 7.5 kg until the bar path slows down IIRC

What does that mean? That the bar path slows down?
>>
Pendlay row

Makes my whole body tired with only 5 reps, its like deadlift from hell.
>>
>>37625609
>and 72g protein

Are you like 5ft1?
>>
>>37625622
170cm 60kg
>>
>>37625609
From the book:

"For most male trainees with good technique,
the squat can be increased 10 pounds per workout, assuming three workouts per week for two to
three weeks. When you miss the last rep or two of your last work set, the easy gains are beginning to
wane, and you can take 5-pound jumps for several months; back up 5 pounds and start with 5-pound
jumps. For very young kids, older trainees, and most women, 5-pound jumps are sufficient to start
with, and then smaller jumps will be required, as will the lighter barbell plates (lighter than the
standard V-k lb plates) that make smaller jumps possible"

So why are you arguing and insisting on 10 lbs jumps again? If you had done what the book had told you you wouldn't be in this position.

It also says:

"Don't be in a big hurry to find your sticking point early in your training progression. It is
always preferable to take smaller jumps and sustain the progress than to take bigger jumps and get
stuck early. Getting stuck means missing any of the reps of the prescribed work sets, since the
weight cannot be increased until all of the reps have been done as prescribed. It is easier to not get
stuck than it is to get unstuck."

I meant bar* and not bar path. Sorry.
>>
Hate doing bench, been stuck on a plateau for 4-5 months now and it's really starting to give me the feelies. Everything else is progressing, maybe not as fast as I'd like, but slowly and steadily.

OHP: 125
Squat: 225
Diddlyhoist: 325(back is strongest part of my body)
Bench: 1-8-fucking-5

Please help me bros
>>
>>37625652
Well I went by the guide man. 10lbs per workout for first 2 to 3 weeks, I am now starting my 3rd week.

I will not make any more increases in weight until I get my form proper.

And what does it mean that bar slows down? The bar should have constant velocity on squat or what? What did you mean by that?
>>
>>37625719

Well if your squat was slower than last week you would decrease the amount you increase. This is only for the first month to jump-start you a little bit. Like do 15 lbs jumps until bar slows down, then 10 lbs until bars slows down even more, and finally on 2.5 lbs. This may mean that you only do 10 lbs one or two workouts instead of 2-3 weeks for instance. Don't get too hung up on that though and just go for 5 lbs increases. Going by the guide only works in ideal situations with good technique, diet, and rest. You can't just blindly follow anything like that. You could've fucked your shit up even with babyweights.

If you want to work on form you need to lower the weight. Your current weight is too close to your 1RM and technique almost always suffers because of this. Just bang out a lot of low rep sets (like 10x3, or 20x3 even if you're dedicated) with the bar only and focus on technique. Record a set, watch it and try to improve the next one. Rinse and repeat. This also implies that you know what you look for so you have to do a lot of form research on youtube. If you can't judge yourself, just post it here and let others do it for you. Judging by your attitude however you won't do any of these and just ignore everything I've said and remain a skelly forever. Don't know why I'm helping you.
>>
I hate bench press.
No, I dont hate it, I'm scared by it.
To the point that I can't do it without a spotter,
I have nightmares of dropping it on my face, my sweaty hands dont help.
Doesnt help that I'm shit at it and cant increase weigth before at least 3 workouts
>>
>>37625802
Thanks, I'll do that.

Just curious though, what about my attitude makes you angry? Really no reason to be hostile or offended.....
>>
>>37625802
I love you anon, you're a good person.

>tfw thinking about you hurting
>>
>>37625684
You say your back is your strongest part but DL mainly uses legs. Are you sure your UPPER back isnt restricting your bench ?
>>
File: 102hhc.png (65 KB, 360x268) Image search: [Google]
102hhc.png
65 KB, 360x268
>>37625846
I feared them too, then i realized that these things exist so that you dont need a spotter.
>>
>>37625684
185 is only slightly under optimal for those lifts, i bet you look pretty proportional
>>
>>37625875
Realized my mistake after posting it, but how so? I try and engage my lats when I bench by keeping my lower back slightly arched and shoulder blades pinched, like Alan thrall recommended, and since doing that I've been able to bench heavier, but with lower reps. I have pretty good form, and was even complimented on it by a pt at the gym, maybe he doesn't even know if I'm doing it right, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong which is hindering my progression. Not to mention my maximum allowance of sleep is ~5 hours a night.
>>
>>37625217
do dumbbell rows and weighted chin-ups
>>
>>37625936
Ive been seeing improvement on my bench when i started doing Pendlay row's and Pull up's. I havent been lifting long so you could call me a noob but thats what ive learned.
>>
>>37625962
I switched to dumbbell rows.

But dumbbells get ridiculously big.
>>
>>37625936
Also are you grabbing the bar like youre going to push a heavy mine cart ? Knuckles pointing slightly inwards.
>>
>>37625889
Based anon, just bench in the squat rack.
>>
Squat, after reaching 1pl8 everything hurts
>>
>>37625978
My pulls are pretty decent, I can usually hit 210-225 with strict pendlays, and 10-15 pull-ups which I'm proud of for my weight/height.

>>37626041
I do, I never considered it, but my knuckles are usually pointed in the same direction my head is. Should they be toward the ceiling?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.