[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /fit/ Are 21s the GOAT Bicep Workout?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: bicep.png (27 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
bicep.png
27 KB, 360x203
Should I be doing fewer reps of higher weight, or higher reps with lower weight for biceps?

Either way, my biceps feel huge and pumped in the gym. But an hour after I go home, they shrink back to their normal size. What do??
>>
>>37624147
75% of your 1 rep max for 5 sets of 5 reps
>>
"the pump" is almost exactly the same as getting a boner, an hour after you stop being aroused ur penis is all soft again. Same with your biceps.
>>
>>37624147
stay in the gym
>>
Higher reps with moderate weight is what works for me
>>
>>37624937
This and heavier compound exercises made mine grow so much.
>>
Maybe because you're doing exercises that only encourages a pump and not an actual size increase. You need to increase the normal size of the bicep and stop worrying about how you look with a pump.

You can do empty barbell curls for 50 reps and get a good pump but will the bicep grow in an effecient manner? No.

Stay at 8-15 reps and try to increase weight instead of just getting a pump.
>>
>>37625038

To put it in another way: You rarely get the pump when training in the low rep ranges, yet you still grow in both size and strength. Stop associating the pump with gains. Stop associating soreness with gains. Don't be a bro-scientist.
>>
>>37624147
2 exercises of 4-6 sets each in the range of 12-15 reps if you want biceps hypertrophy
source:
National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
>>
>>37625057
>>37625038
What's the pump? Can you put this in dyel words?
>>
>>37625057
>You rarely get the pump when training in the low rep ranges, yet you still grow in both size and strength
bullshit.you barely get any hypertrophy in low rep ranges.i can curl 1/3 of my bw with one arm with perfect form and i have small biceps because i fell for the 4x5 meme.
if you want hypertrophy,go for 8-15
>>
>>37624147
same with most things
Heavy rows and pullups 3-5 x 3-5
Medium intensity curls 3-4 x 8-12
>>
>>37625085

When you get a burning sensation in your muscle. It's a sort of pleasurable pain. This rushes a lot of blood into the muscle which 'causes it to look bigger and more defined temporarily.
>>
>>37625093
>3-5 x 3-5
>pullups
arnold suggested you go for at least 50 total reps when doing pullups.unless your physique and knowledge is vastly superior to arnold's ill go with his 5x10.thanks.
>>
>>37625087

Total volume is more important than the rep range but it's easier to do more volume with higher rep ranges. It's not as taxing for your nervous system.

3x10 is basically equal to 6x5 if you adjust the weight accordingly to get an equal amount of work done. When you switched from 4x5 to 3(?)x8-15 or whatever many sets you're doing, you probably increased the volume automatically by a signifcant amount.

This is all science-based by the way. Look it up.
>>
>>37624147

they key to big biceps is SLOW reps

drop the weight, do a 3 count up and a 3 count down and your shit will start growing.
>>
In general you want heavier weight and fewer reps for the big compounds and more reps for isolations. Do compounds first and isolations last.

Really, though you need to mix things up - read up on undulating periodization, it works.

On the subject of pull ups and chin ups I've really benefited lately by doing drop sets. I do 4 full range strict form dead hang reps with 20lbs between my feet then drop that and continue on for another 4 reps. I do 2 sets of pull ups and then 2 or 3 sets of chin ups which are easier so i I save them for when I'm a bit fatigued.
>>
>>37624147
Biceps follow the same principle of growth as every other muscle; progressive tension overload.
>>
>>37625310
>Biceps follow the same principle of growth as every other muscle;
except most muscles have a different fast twitch to slow twich fibers ratio and respond better to different training techniques (repetitions,duration,volume,etc)
A simple example is the calf muscles.
>>
can i do arms every other day?
>tfw arms are only 14.5" when flexing
>>
>>37625108

>arnold is the only person in the world with a big back ever

>implying you cannot add weight to pullups to create a form of overload.
>>
>>37625365
>tripfags for no discernible reason
>unironically uses greentext
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.