[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which works the chest more/harder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: butters.png (255 KB, 402x709) Image search: [Google]
butters.png
255 KB, 402x709
Which works the chest more/harder?
>>
Neither, all you gains are lost from the weight to the weight selector, to the cables, through the pulley system, into the shaft, out onto the metal bars, onto the arms, through the handles, into the rubber grips. Now you are just moving 5% of the actual weight you should be lifting.
>>
>>37622020
Meh, If I ever do that, I'd do the lower one since your shoulders are lower. Mine are fucked up and the higher one is painful. So I guess the 2nd one.
>>
>>37622020
Dips and dumbbell bench
>>
Seems like the perfect thread for this.

Is this enough chest volume:

Bench 5x5
Incline dumbells 3x8-10
Dips 3x8-10 (weighted)

or should I be adding anything like flies ?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>flys

i SERIOUSLY hope people on here aren't doing pointless literally no gains exercises like this

I am not even saying this as a FAT FUCK full-body compound shill.

youre always 100000000000000x better off just doing MORE SETS of any kind of bb or db bench that you want and just fucking off flys from your routine all together.
>>
>>37622400
but scooby does flys
>>
>>37622335
It's enough if you do this once a week. But people on this board will tell you otherwise.
>>
>>37622335
add some incline flies and ur golden ponyboy
>>
>>37622424
I do it twice a week anyway so that's danko.

>>37622425
I do like me some incline flies cheers lad i'll make sure to do them.
>>
>>37622400
>thinks flys are a no gain exercise

this is bait, right?
or do you actually dyel this hard?
>>
>>37622400
you're a fucking idiot. not sure about machine flies cause i never do them, but dumbbell flies always wreck my chest.
>>
>>37622509
>>37622509

>this

My chest got swole after I started doing flys like Arnold
>>
>>37622400
yall who read this need to understand that hes talking about MACHINE FLYS, as the OP image shows.

of course real flys are a fucking awesome chest exercise, but make sure you start at a low weight, the chest is NOT as strong as you think it is, and if you just go to a high weight immediately you might cheat and not use your pecs.
>>
>>37622637
You'll end up fucking your shoulders up too trying to compensate won't u?
>>
>>37622526
>dumbbell flies always wreck my chest

lmao enjoy your nogains
barbell flies is where it's at
>>
Falling for the fly's meme
>2016
>>
>>37622020
most people here will say those are shit exercises and you get no gains etc.
Absolutely false, pick a medium weight and focus on squeezing for 1 sec at the top and slowly opening again, tempo is the key.
Try it and your chest will be burning AF after 2 sets.
>>
>>37622485
>>37622335
thats exactly what im doing, that plus the flyes. im also working shoulders on the same day because im running a push/pull routine
>>
>>37622400
sorry m8, but dumbell flys are absolute GOAT for chest development when done properly
>>
>>37622335
>only 3 or 4 exercises
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>37622335
For chest I do:

Bench-3x10
Incline-3x10
Decline-3x10
Dumbell flys-3x10

This is after my 20 min run and core workout (do this everyday)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.