[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a really fucked up knee and one of my greatest fears is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Knee_dislocation1.jpg (15 KB, 340x427) Image search: [Google]
Knee_dislocation1.jpg
15 KB, 340x427
I have a really fucked up knee and one of my greatest fears is that I'll be doing a squat and my knee will crumble and disintegrate under myself.

Because of this, I can't do squats or deadlifts or stuff like that that puts too much stress on my knees. What are some workouts I can do to compensate for that?
>>
what happened to it?

FWIW it took me around 3 years to get over the mental block that I had with squats, but I did it in the end
>>
>>37622016
Long story short: when I was a kid I jumped over a wall and heard a loud pop from my knee. Shrugged it off because it didn't hurt. About a day later it started to hurt really bad, realized my bones were out of place. Never went to the hospital because I was a dumb kid. 15 years later my bones are still obviously out of their proper position but the only real negative part is every blue moon it'll ache a little. Still afraid it'll crumble under me if I put too much pressure on it
>>
>>37622027

I don't think you actually dislocated it like you think. Your long term knee health will be improved by weight training it, AFTER you get clearance from a physician. They'll probably need an x-ray at least, but if there's any structural weakness then an MRI.

Where is the pain and what makes it start up? Keep in mind that people just doing regular athletics like jumping or sprinting sometimes get knee pain and it's not always a result of shit gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>37622036
How much does it cost for all of that? I haven insurance but I still don't have a lot of money for co-pays.

When it aches, it's usually just a vague all-over-the-knee dull pain.

Also, if I bump my knee right under the knee cap, I get a quick sharp pain. And by "bump" I mean any physical contact. Kneeling with my fucked up knee on the ground is also kind of excruciating
>>
File: eccentric-decline-squat.png (846 KB, 774x523) Image search: [Google]
eccentric-decline-squat.png
846 KB, 774x523
>>37622050

if you're on a standard plan rather than a high deductible plan (assuming US) it should actually be very easy. The x-ray should be basically free, and the MRI maybe under $100. If you're really worried and need peace of mind, I'd think about it.

I get both of the things you're talking about, btw. Usually in my case it's because I played sports for 18 years and they're just a little fucky, but if I could make a suggestion, try stretching for 20-30 minutes a day. Quad, calves, hamstrings, hips, glutes, ankles, the whole lot.

Once you've gone about halfway through your stretches, do pic related. The benefit of these is not only that they're an OK diagnostic for problems given pain and instability, but if you do have issues they're basically the god-tier knee rehab exercise for tons of different issues.
>>
File: 14664059695151104117913.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
14664059695151104117913.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>37622036
Here's a picture of my knee if it helps at all. Where that big slope is on the bottom of me knee, the other leg is relatively flat
>>
>>37622072

in case it wasn't clear what these are, here's the instructions (don't go this low just yet though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBqRrxxKois

>>37622076

nah means nothing. Try seeing a doctor, and if you're really worried about your knee then look into finding out how to train your legs to prevent problems down the line (in your 50s onwards if it's really bad)
>>
>>37622072
>>37622088
Thanks this helps a lot
>>
>>37622091

np fampai, just don't be scared
>>
Caladan is pretty much right. Don't be afraid... go to a doctor... train your legs with exercises that suit you and your knee.
Even if your knee is fucked you can still do exercises that will help you. Not training it at all will just make it worse and training without asking for professionel help can fuck it up really bad.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.