[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Back pain ever go away?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
I'm barely 25 years old and my lower back has been getting worse and worse for the past 2 years. It started with lost flexibility.
I no longer can bend over and touch my toes with straight knees. Not even close.

Now, I'm starting to have a chronic pain that worsens after squats. I've lightened my loads big time too.

Stretching seems to make things worse.

I'm going to see a chiropractor this week and hope for the best. I'm only scared cause everyone I've talked to said it only gets worse. Online, people seem more optimistic (ironic)
>>
>chiropractor

why
>>
>>37621118
Why? Cause I feel all knotted and jammed up. I need to get wiggled out like a slinky. Foam rolling REALLY FUCKED MY SHIT UP for about 2 weeks of non-doms straight up nerve damage for rolling too low.

Yoga stretches... I've sorta done, and it doesn't help. Weight lifting has only made things worse.
>>
>>37621111
Im 20 and in the same boat m8. Stopped squats and dls and started to do leg press and back raises with 20 kg instead. Has helped a lot, but dont think it will go away. I injured my back snowboarding and have 4 "mini prolapses" as my doctor calls it on the front side of my lower back. The only thing you can do is hope you don't have that. I have been doing yoga with a chick I met at the gym im working in and that has helped a lot with the mobility issues and I can bend further without pain. Hope you get better.
>>
Chiropractors aren't real doctors, go to a gp or a physio therapist
>>
>>37621147
Thanks for the info. Seeing my dad at 60, and he's starting to get a bad back. I can't imagine how mine will feel at double my age... Definitely going to doctors.
>>
>>37621164
Yeah that freaks me out too
>>
>>37621111
supplement so your body can repair itself

liquid calcium/magnesium
glucosamine + chondroitin

chiro will only manage the symptoms, not fix the problem

go on high doses of those supps for several months and it should get better
>>
>>37621111
Stretch your hamstrings they are directly related to back pain. Also do yoga and go easy on lifting until your shit is fixed
>>
>>37621111
Yeah, if you make an effort and start doing mobility work, proper periodization, controllable weights and shit instead of just memelifting like an idiot
>>
>>37621111
yoga
>>
>>37621111
Chiropractic is literally linked to increased incidence of stroke. Go to a physiotherapist, you drooling simpleton.
>>
>>37621141
VISIT A FUCKING DOCTOR
A chiropractor is NOT a doctor. Most of them are quacks that are at ZERO liability if they fuck up your spine.
>>
>>37621618
but yoga can make things even worse if not done properly. go to a /real/ yoga shala, and not yogaworks or yoga with your basic girl friend.
>>
>>37621111
Strengthen your core and it all goes away. Had back pain before I joined the army because all I did was pushup/situp/run maxed so I wouldn't have issues in basic, during basic and AIT and unit PT we did more core exercises and after almost a year my back pain was gone. As soon as I got out of the army I stopped exercising, and it came back. Been doing some core exercising since last year and it has definitely lightened up.
>>
do not stretch
go to a doctor not a chiro
fixyourownback.com
the mckenzie method
I was once where you are now
>>
>>37621141
See a doctor and an actual sports massage therapist.
>>
File: 1464761979861.png (112 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1464761979861.png
112 KB, 368x368
>>37621399
>liquid calcium
Why does it have to be liquid?

Also, where did you learn of all this, anon?
>>
Im sure it can still be fixed in such a young age. Try stretching more and eat well. Training the lower back muscles should also help. Don't train them too hard for now though, you might regret it the next day.
>>
>>37621111
I have a small niggle in my lower left back. Started doing a lat stretch and it's coming right.
I pretty much grab something at around hip hight, bend so my back is horizontal and straight then pull the buttock that's the same side away from my hands. Thats about as well as I can describe it
>>
>>37621111
Yoga nigga
>>
>>37621792
stfu. The pain comes from lack of movement. nobody listen to this poster he probably doesn't even lift.
>>
I'm dealing with the same thing OP.

I'm 22 and I've had low back pain for the past couple of years. Anything above 3 months is automatically described as chronic iirc. I honestly thought I was gonna have this pain for the rest of my life until recently.

I was against going to a doc for the longest time cuz it was gonna cost me money that I didn't have but recently the pain was getting a lot worse and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I ended up going to a PT and somehow she managed to make the pain pretty much go away. All I had to do is visit her 4-5 times, do some exercises, and use a trigger ball.

So OP you shouldn't give up and definitely don't let the pain control your life. Go see a PT and see what they have to say. You may find that your problem is easily solvable. Just make sure to stick the to the program that they give you.
>>
Do some ab work. Strong abs take the load offf the lower back.
>>
If it's an actual back injury you need to go see a trained physio who can actually help you with it safely.

Otherwise its just the result of a muscular imbalance and you need to strengthen certain things and fix your posture.

Strengthen your glutes, hamstrings and abdominals (stomach vacuums are good too) and stretch out your quads and hip flexors.

Make sure that your form is 100% spot on. Chances are you're not bracing properly, you're lifting with your back rather than engaging the posterior chain properly and all this is placing too much strain on your back as well as over-developing certain muscles because you're lifting weight in a compromised position.

I used to have what I thought was chronic back pain but it was literally just anterior pelvic tilt.
>>
>>37621141
You're a Retard if you think a chiropractor is gonna solve your problem
>>
Increase blood flow to your spine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndqn2cQ1t5w
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.