[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get why so many people on here actually train for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1580x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1580x1600
I don't get why so many people on here actually train for strengh. It's the dumb.

When are you ever going to actually use it? Seriously?
Posters will say
>to impress girls, I don't want to be asked to lift something and not be able to and look like a pussie.
Well in a way you are saying you lift for other people.
>I lift for myself and my own health
SS and lifting heavy really isn't near as healhty and active as a more frequent routine with more cardio. Lifting heavy for years will eventually fuck up your joints even with proper form. Enjoy being able to dead 500lbs and also enjoy having a wrecked back as an elder.
Think I'm kidding?
>I don't want to be weak
Stop compensating. No one realy cares about how much you can lift other than faggots who do SS. Seriously they are the worst type of lifters and think numbers actually mean something in life. If you aren't a professional powerlifter why actually try to lift so much?
You aren't realy using your strengh ever
And no bein strong does not mean being a better fighter.

I think all peope who do SS do it just so they can feel some sort of joy about themselves. They are usually ugly and fat but as long as they are "strong" and have "muh function strengh" then they are happy with thier lives despite never being able to use thier strengh.
>>
I do it for martial arts. Yeah I know I will never become pro but it's fun and I like it so fuck you.

Why are you on /fit/ if you are not interested in fitness?
>>
>>37617230
>I think all peope who do SS do it just so they can feel some sort of joy about themselves.

desu as an aesthetic lifter i do it for the exact same reason

this cringey powerlifter vs otherlifters bullshit needs to go
>>
>>37617230
The train of thought on this issue is that strength begets size.

Being stronger means heavier weights. Heavier weights mean more tension on your muscles. More tension means greater stimulus to build muscular size.
>>
Find me a guy who looks aesthetic but isn't strong. I'll wait.
>>
>>37617230
I train for the requirements of a competitive team sport which I participate in, and that training helps me be better at it.

If you have no reason to train, then may I suggest >>>/fa/ or even >>>/a/ or >>>/g/ or >>>/v/, as appropriate for your interests? Because shitposting like you're doing is not welcome here.
>>
>>37617230
ok here's the thing, if you work in a fucking office then you don't need to train for strength but if you want to then that's fine.
in my case, i'm going to become a carpenter and in that line of work i'm going to be lifting some heavy ass shit, so i train for strength to lift it.

tl;dr basically everyone has their own goals and their own reason for lifting, what other people train for doesn't concern you
>>
>tfw nutted but he still zoinkin
>>
>>37617230
>Pussie

Also
You need to progress somehow
(And that usually means upping your working w8 sometimes
>>
File: Maxx 600lbs conventional.webm (3 MB, 1250x702) Image search: [Google]
Maxx 600lbs conventional.webm
3 MB, 1250x702
uh... because I like lifting heavy ass shit?

It's literally a better feeling than sex finishing a month long training cycle leading up to that one day where you'll try to set a new PR and you fucking smesh it
>>
>>37617535

Omg that video. Fucking awesome. You can just see how that lift just resonates throughout his whole body.

Deadlifts are awesome. Its like whipping your dick out, raw dogging the world, and busting a nut all in one movement. No better feeling.
>>
File: 1463093958461.jpg (478 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1463093958461.jpg
478 KB, 1440x900
I train for strength for two reasons:

1) The tangential gains in the big 3 provides an easy medium to gage progress made. It's similar to an rpg where you level up except you throw a few more pounds on the bar.

2) When people watch me lift a hearty amount of weight and are impressed it's literally better than raw dogging a semen demon. The only thing better is when my qt 3.14 gf is the one watching me outlift other guys.
>>
File: ub1smht.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
ub1smht.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>37617230
myabe its cuz they enjoy it
>>
>>37617230
>I don't get why so many people on here actually train for strengh.
Because it's fun as fuck.
>>
File: 1465305541264.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465305541264.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>37617230
>I don't get why so many people on here actually train for strengh.
It provides an OBJECTIVE goal for the fitness enthusiast. They can strive for competitive numbers against their friends, or they can go after lifting milestones (2x bodyweight squat).

Lifting for appearance is subjective. Which is sometimes tougher to stay motivated about.

>When are you ever going to actually use it? Seriously?
Bone density and postural benefits will help a human being late into their life. In the meantime, you reap the benefit of moving heavier things with ease. This is fun, and useful.

>Posters will say
>>to impress girls, I don't want to be asked to lift something and not be able to and look like a pussie.
Nobody says this.

>Well in a way you are saying you lift for other people.
Sure. Lifting to be competitive against other human beings is human nature, and good.

TL:DR the rest:
Stop being so insecure. Lift the way you want to, for your own goals. But don't be mad that lifting for strength is "in" right now.

IT'S A HOBBY. HAVE FUN.
>>
File: 1463349840826.jpg (57 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1463349840826.jpg
57 KB, 720x720
>>37617230
> lifting for strength is dumb

you're probably one of those guys who thinks 3 sets of 10 with 135 for a pump on "chest and tris" day is a good workout... Lololol

pro tip: DOMS are not gains
>>
>>37617230
lol
>>
>>37617535
Such shit form kekaroonies
>>
>>37619094
>Such shit form
For a grip and rip, it's not a bad pull. Any heavier and he would have had lockout issues, but regardless, it's a great pull at that weight.

I'm not a big fan of Max, but he can pull.
>>
>>37617230
Have you never lifted anything heavy in your daily life? I just renovated a studio apartment and am moving in. When I'm lifting couches, bookshelves, and other furniture I'm glad I'm not a skinnyfat weakling like I used to be before I started lifting. Seriously there are tons of times when being strong makes life easier. Just the other day my dad invited me over to help him unload an axel out of the back of his pickup. By the time he went and found some rope, a plywood ramp, and a dolly to try and awkwardly shimmy the fucker out I had already lifted it out of his truck and set it down on a pallet on my own. Being strong is being independent and not needing 3 tools when a little elbow grease will suffice.
>>
>>37617230
>literally what is a hobby

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded OP. It's a called a hobby and people like to progress in their hobbies. In this hobby, an easy way to track progress is through the extremely simple number of how much fucking weight you picked up.

>why do you draw? It doesn't make you healthier. It's not cardio. It impresses people only a little. It's too much wasted time
>why do you read?
>why do you golf?
>why do you skateboard?

OP you're so fucking stupid and you're never going to be happy in life with this mentality. Go fucking off yourself you sad sack of shit
>>
File: bustedupblackguy.jpg (8 KB, 444x462) Image search: [Google]
bustedupblackguy.jpg
8 KB, 444x462
>>37617230
>i use to read post like this and think "FUCKING TROLL"
>now can say that i literally agree with everything

>tfw
>>
File: 1465917853868.gif (1 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1465917853868.gif
1 MB, 400x226
>>37617230

My take is that training for strength is one of the most obvious and rewarding options when going to the gym as a male. It is the best part of my day, you can't lie to yourself with shitty form and the more sets you get through all of a sudden you can slowly add wight, also you might have some dank music you have been waiting a coupe of days to listen to and enjoy. In day to day life we really don't get the opportunity to expend ourselves like we can at the gym.
>>
>>37617230
I do it for the sport
>>
The best result of me lifting is that I am alive today because of it.

I almost died on a kayaking trip out in the fucking boonies/no one to come rescue my ass. Lifting allowed me to muscle myself out out after getting sucked under a log jam and then proceed to drag out a 400+ pound kayak (full of water and gear). It had all our food to boot.

I fully credit lifting with the strength to pull through that, while cardio gave me the endurance to paddle for the other four days afterward.
>>
When it comes down to it, training for strength is humbling.

Which is why bitches don't do it.
>>
>>37617535
How can you deadlift 600LBS yet be so skinny (relatively)? Not trying to be insulting, just that most people I see deadlift that much are a lot fatter.
>>
>>
>>37617230
-Trying to be strong to impress girls is fucking stupid. Most people who are serious about strength training don't list that as a goal
-Trying to be strong to be healthy is fucking stupid. Most people who are serious about strength training don't list this as a goal
-The rest of your post is mostly just name calling and whining
Strength training is best viewed as a sport or a hobby. It's not about getting chicks or making money or improving other areas of life, it's about being the best you can at something you enjoy. If you don't like it then don't do it fuccboi.
>>
>>37617260
Post body
>>
personal gratification

like, why does anyone play video games with the intention to win them?

why does anyone do anything for that matter?
>>
>>37620234
>anyone lifting heavy must be a fatass or morbidly obese

yeah no, its called cutting and bulking
>>
>>37617230
nice pasta buddy
>>
Cause its fun and makes me feel good lol
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 365x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 365x525
I'm afraid my family or friends will be in danger and I'll be unable to carry them to safety. I can't let that happen.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.