[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on medical marijuana for depression and/or migraines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1466075345823.jpg (163 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466075345823.jpg
163 KB, 1024x1024
Opinions on medical marijuana for depression and/or migraines? I've been working my way through meds for both with very limited success and I'm ready to try something more than just pills. I'll still take the pills, this is just an experiment in tandem.
>>
fuck weed
i smoked every day for a month and i accomplished nothing and felt like shit

stay away from the devil's lettuce
>>
try it for a week and see for yourself.
>>
>>37616551
What talking therapies have you tried, and with how many different people? They're the primary form of treatment for depression, but being based on a personal relationship you've got to find the right therapist for you.
Beware that if the marijuana use becomes habitual, it will likely worsen your depression. If the migraines are infrequent, go for it cautiously.
>>
>>37616551
DUDE
>>
>>37616577
LMAO
>>
Yeah fuck weed, I don't need more depressive normies depletting my dealers weed
>>
>>37616573
Been in and out of talking therapy for fifteen years. The biggest limiting factor for it is that insurance only covers a certain number of sessions a year and I can't afford them out of pocket. I do them when I can but I can only use the resources available unfortunately.

The migraines are frequent enough to disrupt my life. They cycle, but on high periods I get multiple a week.
>>
>>37616573
That was my experience, marijuana was great for getting off the prescription anti depressant and other psychiatric meds I was on. I started to slide back into a stronger depression that seemed to be from relying on weed a bit too much. Getting high would start to make me more paranoid. I actually enjoyed getting high but, the way it effects me now is different from when I first started using it. I'm just going clean for now and doing alright. I'm 6 weeks clean and I'm not feeling the urge to smoke at all.
>>
>>37616560
this, people that smoke weed are almost like people that drink. Apathetic and depressed.
>>
>>37616620
Do you have a friend you can tell that you're planning this and ask them to watch out for you doing it too much?
I say this because like >>37616644 it only made things worse for me. Eventually it ceased to be enjoyable, was an almost 24/7 habit that prevented me from doing anything useful. I only stopped when I deleted all of my dealers' numbers and changed mine. That was last August and since then I've bought no weed for myself, only smoked at parties when other people have had it.
>>
>>37616644
Don't only certain strains make you paranoid though?
>>
I use medical marijuana for chronic headaches and occasional migraines. Outdoor cardio is a fucking treat if I get roasted beforehand (I live in Colorado so the scenery is gorgeous). Just gotta stay away from snacking on junk though, but it's not hard if you have even a little willpower.
>>
>>37616560
>>37616663
>huhbubuh i use drugs like a prepubescent retard so weed's lame

Weed's fine. I've used it to get to bed for the past 2 years. it workes. Better than using melatonin, cutting out caffeine, and you won't be a zombie for 12 hours like you are when you take a sleeping pill.

Stoners are actually cancer though. Just smoke the damn thing and shut up.
>>
LSD works much better, buy 100 blotters, take one a month and it should last you about 8 (?) years
cons: drugs are bad mkay, falshbacks, possible mental illness in the future
Worth it in my opinion, depression is worse than cancer
>>
>>37616551
Cannabis is hit or miss, endocannabinoids are responsible for a myriad of bodily processes from appetite to mood regulation and SOME people benefit, whereas as others get aggravated anxiety and depressive episodes. Your'e taking a gamble with that.
As for migraines, they usually give you an ergotamine alkaloid derivative(derived from ergot, LSA and the infamous LSD fall into this group , if you want to go hippie mode to treat migraines then Magic mushrooms, which contain the active compounds Psilocyn and Psilocybin have shown to prevent migraines and mitigate cluster headaches.
>>
>>37616691
Yeah, I've got my co-worker and my gf warned about it to help keep me straight. I'm not getting it from dealers though, I'd be getting a medical card and asking them about the best strains to get for my issues. I've also been researching online what strains would help or worsen my issues. It's not going to be a fun thing necessarily, I just want to not feel like dying every day.

>>37616694
Does the marijuana help a lot with the worse headaches or migraines?

>>37616715
Huh, I had no idea about the mushrooms. I don't have a legal way to get a hold of those though.
>>
>>37616551
Weed's effects are far too varied to discuss in this manner. If you're buying it illegally, then its an even bigger problem because the quality is constantly changing.

If depression and migraines are your only problems, then codeine would be a far better treatment.
>>
>>37616741

>Does the marijuana help a lot with the worse headaches or migraines?

Typically I buy CBD oil from a dispensary to be vaporized. This does significantly improve my pain, on top of reducing nausea from the migraines.

Regular weed gets you way higher, compared to the buzz from the CBD oil, but it doesn't do much for the pain desu and I tend to stay away from it unless I'm at a party or with friends.
>>
>>37616824
I'd be getting it legally. Medical card is relatively easy to get with my issues, and the dispensaries in my town are well liked and trusted. I'm also doing my own research on what strains would work. Just wanted some opinions from /fit/ on it. I also have severe nightmares that are partially treated with prazosin.

>>37616829
Yeah I've seen a lot of stuff about CBD oil or high CBD strains being better for pain. Aren't vaporizers pretty expensive?
>>
>>37616710
LSD goes off quickly. You can't store it forever.
>>
File: 1466269644872.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1466269644872.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>>37616824
>codeine is a better treatment for headaches and depression than THC
Get the fuck off my board nigger
>>
>>37616874
>Aren't vaporizers pretty expensive?
Priorities, man. It's a one-off cost and worth it if it gets rid of the excruciating pain of migraines.
>>
>>37616551
Who...who is this?
>tfw she looks so pure but probably gets railed by Chad on the reg
>>
>>37616824
I fucking love opiates
>>
>>37616874
Codeine supposedly causes nightmares in a lot of people, though I've never experienced it.
It worked well for my migraines. Its another option, at least.

>>37616895
I believe so. Less likely to increase your tolerance, less potential negative side effects. Its a simpler, safer option. If it doesn't work for somebody, then by all means move higher up the ladder. I just don't advise doing so unnecessarily.
>>
>>37616895
He's right you fuck
>>
>another weed thread

Either smoke or don't but shut the fuck about it, no one cares either way as long as you aren't a huge faggot about it
>>
>>37616551

I've smoked weed a few times during my severe depression last year. I found that, for the most part, it helped with my anxiety for a few hours and relaxed me enough to fall asleep longer than 2-3 hours. I did have one really bad trip though which made me constantly twitch and become extremely paranoid for an entire night after I forced my body to move because I thought my feet were melting together and people were going to climb onto my balcony, break into my house, rape me, and call the cops on me for smoking up in the house. But other than that, it was pretty good.
>>
File: 20150513_204127.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150513_204127.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I binged on psychedelics when I was in university. LSD and shrooms pretty much cured me of my social anxiety and crippling depression. That being said, my buddy who did them with me had persistent perceptive disorder and basically tripped balls for 3 months straight. He still gets flashbacks when he smokes weed.

I've had migraines since I was a little kid and recently started getting cluster headaches after a car crash. Doctors gave me imitrex which helped but knocked me the fuck out. Started smoking weed and night to deaden the pain and allow to sleep off the migraines. Works about 70% of the time for me.

Whoever recommended codeine for a migrained or cluster headaches has no idea how useless opiates are unless you're on an IV drip.
>>
>>37616904
Totally true. I know nothing about vaporizers, would just any old one from a smoke shop work? Thanks for weighing in.

>>37616992
I don't really want to fuck with opiates man, especially since I doubt I could her them prescribed.

>>37617148
That sounds shitty. You buying illegal?
>>
File: e99c9c43e026eb10fd2ede965e878906.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
e99c9c43e026eb10fd2ede965e878906.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1335
>>37616908
You are welcome anon
>>
I've got a PAX 2 vaporizer. Shit works well as far as conduction vapes go. Heard good things about the magic flight launch box which has a bit better of a price point.
>>
Try shrooms OP

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial
>>
>>37616663
nice projection. just because you turn into a useless sack of human garbage when you smoke a plant, doesnt mean everyone else does.
>>
How /fun/ is psylocibin?

Might order some truffles from the mainland and trip to some Bach
>>
>>37617255
Damn, those are pricey. Maybe I can try the magic flight launch box first to see if vaping is for me, thanks.

>>37617283
Yeah another anon mentioned shrooms. I'm not opposed to trying them, but I was only going for marijuana because I can get a medical card. I don't think any doctor would prescribe me psychodelic mushrooms.
>>
>>37617544
Are you in Europe?

If so you can easily order them from the Netherlands
>>
>>37616824
>Codeine
Opioids are contraindicated in headaches because they increase intracranial pressure.
Common lad, why do you think the doc won't script you them for the ol' headache excuse.
>>
>>37616710
Lsd is liquid schizophrenia, would not recommend long term use.
>>
>>37617649
No I'm a clapistani.
>>
>>37616874

look into the magic flight launch box, its usually around ~80$, its good but there's alot that goes into getting high with it like grinding up the weed, charging the batteries, learning how to hit it, cleaning it, etc...but if you're willing to invest money and time into it you save a lot of money in weed. You can also eat the vaped weed and it will get you REALLY high.
>>
>>37616693
Depends on the person more than the strain in my experience. I don't live where it's legal tho so I don't know 100% what strains I'm smoking
>>
>>37616741
You can grow your own shrooms anon, I've heard its technically legal to have spores. Reddit might have some decent info on /r/drugs or /r/shrooms or something
>>
>>37616551
I had chronic migraines, cannabis just worked like a weak opiate and made you deal with the pain better. What cured my chronic migraines was a belgian device called "cefaly". Worked better than botox treatments
>>
I started smoking weed to help with my depression, and at first it did help. After a long period of time habitually smoking i was up to about 2 bowls a day, some days if I worked it would be 3. It was nice for a while, but eventually the depression came back and I was smoking even more constantly. I took a long break from it and recently came back. What I've found is taking one hit in the morning will set my mood straight for the entire day, and if I need it I take one hit at night to fall asleep and relax. I'm no longer smoking bowls at a time and getting "fucked up" but rather taking in very small amounts to where I can feel the benefits but not be completely high.

If I was you OP I would definitely try it out. Start out by taking just one solid hit from a one hitter in the morning and seeing how it effects you. If you have an addictive personality like me, and likely like the rest of /fit/, you need to be careful and show some restraint when you know you don't need it, and you just want it to "feel good". This is all just personal experience I hope you can get something from this.
>>
>>37616705
>better than using melatonin

You need to leave.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.