[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12
File: 1466195075957.png (240 KB, 377x427) Image search: [Google]
1466195075957.png
240 KB, 377x427
How do you guys stay motivated? I'm a fat fuck that doesn't want to spend his retirement in a doctors office, but I think I have a food addiction or something.
>>
>>37615879
nobody cares
>>
genetics. there's nothing you can do.
>>
>>37615879
mostly I think about people who got cancer or injured and enjoyed being fit prior to that. They would love to have the opportunity to work out again but circumstances prevent them. Nothing is preventing me so off to the squat rack I go.
>>
Is prime Lindsay Lohan the most attractive woman to live, ever?
>>
Inb4 someone comes along with the obnoxious "muh discipline" meme.

>>37615879
It's about building habits. It's also about accepting that you can't change yourself or your habits overnight, and that it will be a long journey.
What small thing can you change now to be less of a fat fuck? Something like no more soda or even just tracking what you eat every day. Not restricting, yet, just getting into the habit of tracking.
Whatever it is, start doing it today. Do it tomorrow. Recognise that there will be days where you fail, but don't use that as an excuse to give up entirely: just carry on with it the next day. Soon, you'll succeed on more days than not, and eventually the days on which you fail will be rare or nonexistent.
When that's the case, you can start working on another habit.
>>
Compare yourself with a normal guy.
Asks yourself how much that guy weighs and what the difference is in weight between you and him.
Now ask yourself how that guy would feel if he would have to carry the weight difference in rocks in a backpack. And he has to carry that backpack on his back 24/7.

Have some self respect. Be good for your body. Stop making excuses like "food addiction". You only make yourself look stupid.
>>
>>37615946
Nah, I was a former drug addict, and I think I find comfort in food now since I've gotten clean. Regardless, it's not something that can't be overcome.
>>37615934
This makes a lot of sense. Maybe it's not so much about willpower but taking steps to form healthy habits. Thanks m8
>>
The wheelchair bound guys in Paralympics that don't have working legs can be fit, don't be mobility scooter bound by choice.
>>
>>37615995

If you can stop using drugs stopping to eat unhealthy must be a piece of cake.
>>
>>37616120
I have the thought "well, I'm not doing drugs anymore, so I guess I can treat myself to some pie", or "at least it's not my DoC". I also get scared that without the safety net of food that I'll slip up to find comfort. Fuck it, just gotta man up.
>>
>>37615879
I don't, I have discipline.
>>
I started for a whole bunch of reasons but what keeps me motivated is that by just sticking to it, even if I'm not always keeping to my schedule or eating that well, I and others around me see clear noticable results in my physique and strength.
>>
>>37615916
I really think she was.
>>
>>37615879
OP, read this

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
>>
>>37616143
build anger and hate breh

best motivators are personal failures and offenses
>>
I hate myself and everything I so all I have is the gym.
>>
>>37616921
I was going to say something like this. Motivation is a shitty word. It's intertwined with a positive sensation of working. You don't need it to be positive. You need to endure it. You need discipline. Discpline is doing work despite not wanting to do it. Motivation is waiting until you want to do the work before committing to it. Fuck motivation.
>>
you are just lazy and stupid OP. give it time
>>
>>37615879
You need a vision. And break that vision down to chunks you can handle. If you're too weak to keep under 1600 kcal a day for healthy weightloss, start with something simpler, e.g.

no sugary drinks,
no triple mcmenus

See how that goes. I'll be honest with you - staying at a healthy weight in this day and age, when most of us slave away in office cubicles, punching on a keyboard for 14 hours a day, requires you build your lifestyle around that shit. No quick fix possible.

If you live within an hour of your office - walk there instead of taking the tube or car. If your company can offer it, get a standing workplace, rather than sit all day.

But at the end of the day, if you don't restrict your caloric intake by eating less calorie dense food, you'll stay a fat fuck.
>>
>>37615879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA

This applies to everything. Sorta like >>37616195 said, you *WILL* get there, and it will get easier, you just need to do your part. Your body will adapt, and even crave the healthier choices you make, and that is a medical certainty you need to hold onto until it's obvious.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but the opposite of addiction isn't sobriety. You don't need to drop bad habits, you need to replace them with good ones. You wanna eat lots of food, at least make sure it's good food by replacing the worst.
>>
>>37615879
You have to hate being gross more than you love chewing.
>>
>>37615879
What am I more hungry for
>Temporary satisfaction of eating fatty foods every day and being happy until the food hits my belly
>Or more long term satisfaction of looking like a Calvin Clyde model while still eating the foods I like one in a while
>>
Pain and pleasure system.
>>
>>37615879
>was fat.
>Got rejected sometimes because "You're a wonderful person but I like you as a friend".
>Lost 50 kg
>out of nowhere I'm drowning in pussy
>gain 40 kg because I was weak willed
>"You're a wonderful person but I don't see this working out between us" again
>lost 40 kg once more
>drowning in pussy again
That's my motivation. I know that I won't score consistently just on the basis of my personality
>>
One way that helped me was to imagine that voice that says "just one more chocolate" to be an avatar of a fat fuck telling me its okay to eat one more bite. Causes me to be disgusted and diet.
>>
>>37615916
>>37616906
I have to agree here
That pic is ridiculous
>>
>>37615916
pretty much. if she lowered that jeans just a little more so we could see her navel: world peace achieved
>>
File: lindsay_lohan_in_bikini.jpg (157 KB, 842x1228) Image search: [Google]
lindsay_lohan_in_bikini.jpg
157 KB, 842x1228
>>37615879
>prime
>>
>>37620070
her hair on that pic.
>>
File: 1463616757208.gif (646 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1463616757208.gif
646 KB, 200x153
>>37620070
Hank hill ass lookin bitch
>>
>>37615879
anytime I catch myself doing beta things I automatically get motivated to change because I see what I don't want my life to become.
>>
>>37620070
>>37620083
>>37620088
Still would
>>
File: fedo1.jpg (106 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fedo1.jpg
106 KB, 640x640
>>37620183
>>
File: 1463690719129.png (74 KB, 662x635) Image search: [Google]
1463690719129.png
74 KB, 662x635
>>37615916
can't say i'd disagree with that
>>
>>37620052
Are you retarded? You do know her navel is under her shirt right? You think she's wearing super high waisted jeans?
>>
>>37615879
Honestly for me it was the thought of someone hurting my girlfriend. I was watching some videos and I just kind of realized that if someone tried to get me or my girlfriend I wouldn't really have the strength to defend her and ever since I've started to try to get to the point where I could.
>>
seeing the number on the scale be lower than it was the same time last week
>>
>>37615916
Yes
>>
>Motivated
I'm not motivated, I'm disciplined.
Motivation is fucking short term garbage.
>>
>>37620832
>>
>>37620876
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>37620887
>>
File: Ato5sDA.jpg (292 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Ato5sDA.jpg
292 KB, 1200x900
>>
File: sloots.jpg (274 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
sloots.jpg
274 KB, 2048x2048
By remembering that only /fit/ guys get /fit/ girls
>>
>>37616930
Deadlifts fueled by repressed anger and self-loathing.
>>
>>37615879
For me it's mostly the positive mental effects sport has on me that I can't do without. Like, I fear going back to being an apathic blob so much that I make sure I work out every 2 days always
>>
>>37617112
>walk an hour to and from work
You got me fucked up if you think Imma walk anywhere that I don't want to be
>>
>>37620582
>Muscle = Ability to fight
Best plan is tak up boxing or hope deterrence works
>>
>>37615879
try keto
not forever but for a month or to
if you have any bettus etc talk to your doc first
its not a magic bullet but it will help you break old habits and get you to a point where you arent dependet on sugar

also try doing one of
https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos
every day just to get in the habit

also when you come out of keto dont eat sugary stuff right away or youll get a headache stick to oats and jams

have a keto exit plan basicly come up with a healthy long term meal plan sticking to it should be esier after a month of keto because you removed yourself from your old habits
>>
>>37622418
I was on keto almost a year and half ago. I have no exit plan and I got the belly. I'm really tryna get my shit straight. But man keto was amazing
>>
>>37615995
Fun fact: It was proven that binging on carbohydrates causes the same D2 synapses to be stimulated just like in a drug user or alcoholic getting a fix or drink. Fast food and snack food companies know this. Your tastebuds evolved to keep you from eating rotten poison, and now it's being exploited by food industry for profits. Wake up and join the revolution!
>>
It's easy to stay motivated on self improvement when you hate yourself as much as I do
>>
File: 1399525840810.jpg (570 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1399525840810.jpg
570 KB, 1400x1000
>>37615879

I lift for her and also my motivation.
>>
>>37615879
Everyone is addicted to food you dumb fuck. Its were we get our fucking nutrition to live
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.