[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholic thread. Trying to quit drinking, but I can't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: alcoholic1.jpg (14 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic1.jpg
14 KB, 600x434
Alcoholic thread. Trying to quit drinking, but I can't get an appetite or hold food down unless I'm drinking first. On day 2 of no alcohol and no food. Spent the last day puking all day. Now I'm light headed and weak and shakey, but still no appetite. Suggestions?
>>
weed?
>>
Benzos, if not that then weed
>>
If you're having serious withdrawal symptoms you should consider checking in somewhere that will take care of you if something serious comes up.

You need to replace the alcohol habit with something else that will occupy your time and mind.
>>
>>37614358
>>37614359

I tried smoking a few times, I get so high so fast I'm scared to walk. Also, don't have any benzos.
>>
>>37614341
Don't try to quit cold turkey if you drink a lot. I don't have a personal experience with this kind of stuff, but it helped a friend of mine, maybe someone else knows something better though.

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/
>>
You're just going through withdrawals. If they are that bad know that you really need to quit drinking or you're going to permanently ruin yourself. You're almost over the hump. Days 1-3 are the worst by far. Try some soup once you feel a little better. Drink tons of water and do things to distract yourself. It's hard but if you made it this far you can do it man.
>>
>>37614383

Also, replacing alcohol with another drug is probably a bad idea.
>>
>>37614341
cold turkey is the only way to quit anything. get through it, it won't last forever.
>>
>>37614413
Thanks man. I feel like shit. Been hospitalized a few times cause of alcohol. I don't even enjoy drinking I just feel like shit if I don't.
>>
>>37614412

He's made it far enough that he is going to be fine. If the withdrawals are going to kill you it's gonna happen in the first couple days. It starts with you having hallucinations then seizures. He isn't that bad.
>>
>>37614359

No fuck off.

On the off chance OP may reside in my country I won't have someone encouraging him to get addicted to benzos and end up in the psych ward I work at begging me for pills like the drug addict he is.

Off yourself OP if you can't quit.
>>
>>37614456

I've been there bud. Don't even know why you're drinking but you know you sure as shit have to keep doing it. It's a hard path back from that life but there are lots of resources to help. You might want to go down and attend a few treatment classes. They will bill you on a sliding scale if you're poor. Treatment really helped me. They changed the way I thought about my addiction. You meet a lot of other people going through the same shit too. Helps you build a support network.
>>
Sprite. It sounds juvenile, but it will be your friend. Whatever you eat or drink, sip slowly. If you can make it past the first week, you'll be OK. Hang in there!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.