[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does lifting really contributes absolutely NOTHING in a fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 480x359
Does lifting really contributes absolutely NOTHING in a fight?
>>
Lifting increases muscle strength
You use muscles to move
You move when you hit someone in a fight
So you use muscles when you fight
Stronger muscles = you hit harder

Therefore yes lifting theoretically makes you better at fighting, imagine fighting with a skinnyfat dude vs fighting klokov or Arnie
>>
File: lanklet rekt.webm (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
lanklet rekt.webm
2 MB, 400x224
lifting does contribute to fighting ability, but only if you know how to fight. If you can't throw a proper punch you're just trying to polish a turd by lifting weights.

Also adding mass to your body does ideally make you harder to hurt.

However more muscles require more energy=smaller gas tank unless you do a lot of cardio.

Also lifting can increase tone (resting muscle tension) making you slow, unless you do relaxation work.

If there was a fight between someone who only lifts vs someone who only trains boxing, I would bet on the boxer.
>>
>>37613601
it doesn't make you better at fighting, if anything it only makes your punches stronger and maybe you could take a few hits more than you would.
>>
All other things equal (height, weight, level of fighting practice, mobility, ability to take a hit, etc) the guy who lifts more will hit harder than the other guy and do better overall. However most of that shit isn't equal so you have to take those factors into account
>>
if you're stronger than your opponent and dont put yourself into a position that compromises yourself for a RNC.

lets say equal skill but different strength/power = ???
>>
>>37613696
>you can take more punches
>you punch harder

So it does make you better at fighting. It won't make you good at fighting though.
>>
>>37613696
>it doesn't make you better at fighting it just makes you a little bit better at the basics of fighting
>>
>>37613479
assuming constant fighting ability between two people yes lifting weights would give an advantage
if you had a great deal of extra strength you could probably even over come someone with a slight edge in ability over you
if the person has a large amount of fighting ability on you though strength will start to matter very little
>>
>>37613696
What
>>
There is literally no downside to lifting and training a martial art. Lifting will make you stronger and give you a better idea of what muscles to activate and when.
>>
>>37613479
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>37613479
Put a really strong BJJ black belt vs a weaker BJJ black belt and the stronger guy will have an advantage. There are a lot of moves in BJJ that are easier to execute if you're strong as shit. Like the kimura. See Jacare vs Marcelo Garcia as an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6HRk72Fqc where Jacare basically out muscles him. So yes there's a benefit to being strong.
>>
>>37613724
>>37613737
You retards don't get it. If you don't know how to fight, you get folded in an instant even if you endure one punch more.
>>
>>37613671

Urist McWrestler has cleared been abusing Danger Room training.
>>
>>37613785

clearly*
>>
>>37613479
>Height doesn't matter if you're handsome!
>Muscles don't matter if you're tall!
>Being handsome doesn't matter if you're muscular!
>Being strong doesn't matter in a fight!
>Being good in a fight doesn't matter if you have a gun!
>A gun doesn't matter if you're already rich and living in an upper class area!
>Wealth doesn't matter if you're not manly!
>Being manly doesn't matter if you still have bitches all over you!
>Bitches don't matter if you're fit!

All these things matter, stop making these shit threads.
>>
>>37613479
Everybody fucking roids in the BJJ scene. They have no testing whatsoever. So obviously strength matters if the top practitioners are juiced to the gills.
>>
>>37613479
Strength and conditioning absolutely matter in fights. However, a fight between two untrained individuals is still a complete wildcard because no one knows what they're doing.
>>
Learning to fight is the first thing you should do. Even if you're a huge guy with ridiculous numbers if you haven't trained some 140 lb string bean of a boxer will knock your fucking head off.
>>
File: Nelson-vs-Monson.jpg (149 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
Nelson-vs-Monson.jpg
149 KB, 1310x873
>>37613479
If size/muscles didn't mean shit why do they have weight classes? I mean sometimes the smaller dude wins (see pic related) but they have weight classes for a reason.
>>
>>37613479
If you fight someone with the same fighting skill as you lifting will give you the edge. If you're fighting someone with actual fighting experience just close your eyes and think of a happy place cause you're gonna get shit on
>>
>>37613479
It helps but fighters like to say is doesn't and act like their sport is hard.

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAXaCmky4Hw
>>
>>37613841
Pic related wasn't an actual fight, either. Even in BJJ, the open weight winners and Superheavyweight tournament winners are usually the same person. In fact, the open weight final fight is usually the same TWO guys
>>
>>37613779
That's still one more punch a person can endure than before you beanpole dicksuck
>>
>>37613841
>If size/muscles didn't mean shit why do they have weight classes
It's a sport with rules. Those rules favor the heavier man (doesn't evenm matter if it's fat). Not to mention those rules and weight classes aren't nearly as old as the sports themselves and boxing and wrestling did fine without them for thousands of years.
>>
The point isn't that lifting DOESNT help - it's that training to fight gets you infinitely better at fighting than getting strong does (shock)

So if a really good lifter who doesn't fight tries to fight a really good fighter that doesn't lift, the fighter will win (assuming non ridiculous weight/size differences)

It works vice versa, the fighter who doesn't lift won't be as good a lifter (double shock)
>>
>>37613696
>lifting doesn't make you better at fighting it just makes you more durable and increases how much damage you can cause
Fucking retard.
>>
>>37613696
If live were a game, lifting would give you stat boosts but not actual experience points

That's about the easiest way I could think of describing it
>>
>>37613479
Think of it like having a big gun or some other form of weapon. If you have no idea how to use it, it doesn't count for much unless you get lucky.

Experience tops all else.
>>
>>37613601
Not really. There's a wierd thing about how hard you hit, and it's kinda genetic i.e. people who hit hard are born to hit hard.
>>
>>37613776
Lifting doesn't help a bunch in grappling tho. I'm a wrestler and I lift less then most guys on my team my weight, but when we wrestle I'm stronger than most of them
>>
>>37614452
>hur dur it's so hard to point and shoot a gun
Bad analogy is bad
>>
>>37613841
Size does matter, but in a fight how much you lift doesn't really matter. Roy nelson is one of the heaviest hitters in mma, but he isn't jacked. He's fat, and has skinny arms for his size. His body is just naturally built in a way that makes him hit hard, and he's skillful
>>
Lmfao, all you people totally misunderstood the fucking picture. It only points out that the bench press is a total meme lift without real world application. Real men only press and do dips, fuck laying down beneath a barbell.
>>
I had a teacher put it thusly:

being stronger and faster than the other guy never *lost* anybody a fight, but its not the most important thing.

consider one of his black belts was a 110# 4'11 woman that could whip any of the underbelts of any size with ease, I think he had some claim to authority
>>
>>37614687
>If the exercise doesn't directly replicate a real life movement it has no use
>being this uneducated
>>
File: 46.jpg (583 KB, 1500x791) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
583 KB, 1500x791
>>37613479

This thread totally disregards what BJJ is about.

>Fun
>Thousands of (potential) hours of technique and growth
>Self-defense
>Self-confidence
>Being part of a team
>Amateur competition
>Tradition
>Non-sexual human contact
>Challenge
>A reason to not drink

You all are arguing about the extent to which strength helps without even considering what it's helping you with. BJJ is about a lot more than winning.
>>
>>37614741
>people can't discuss a relevant, tangent factor of a sport theyre interested in
Fuck off hippy
>>
>>37614579
thats bullshit. I hit way harder then my dyel friends that don't lift with boxing sparring gloves where its too painful take my blows with mitts as their whole body fidgets. If I never lifted and have twink shoulders and arms like everyone else I hit like a bitch.
>>
>>37614769
>people can't

You better watch out, I'm after your guns next :^)

36 replies and nobody has mentioned what BJJ is actually like.
>>
>>37613479

It's a factor but it's not the most important factor.

If you're untrained, and your opponent is well trained, you would have to be MUCH stronger, not just a little stronger, to overcome that.

e.g. look at the OP's picture. This is a bit of a simplified explanation, but basically to get out of that, the guy's close-grip lat pulldown weight would need to be able to overcome the other guy's deadlift weight. About the only way that's going to happen is if he's a bear mode powerlifter and the other guy is actually a girl.
>>
>>37614791
>nobody discussed the subjective opinion of what bjj is about
>in a thread posing a specific question
Just piiiiiiisssss offfffff hipppyy
>>
>>37613992
You mean one. Roger's retiring.
>>
File: 1465245930875.png (587 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1465245930875.png
587 KB, 680x680
I don't understand you all. Why do you want to fight?

If you want to defend yourself in a street fight, all you need to know is how to throw a good KO punch (just get a punching bag and practice) or how to throw someone to the ground (so beginner judo, BJJ, wrestling)

If the fight you are in requires any more than this, it is not worth fighting, because you are endangering your life.

This is enough to defend yourself from a robber or from a drunk asshole.

You should only be concerned about whether lifting matters if you are professionally competing, in which case, ask your damn coach.
>>
>>37613841
>>37613841
it amazes me that you fucks can't think out anything

there are weight classes because BOTH FIGHTERS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING

but in a fight where one person is highly skilled and the other knows nothing but is strong and big - the smaller skilled person will win
>>
File: 1456710126892.jpg (62 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1456710126892.jpg
62 KB, 562x530
>>37613479
why would you ask about lifting for fighting on a board of people who barely even actually lift, let alone get into fights? without even reading this thread i can already tell you 95% of it is going to be complete bullshit, jesus christ
>>
>>37615507
>>37615476
>using logic and common sense on a mongolian throat singing thread
mirin the effort
>>
>>37615507

Nice reading comprehension, faggot. That anon didn't say weight mattered more than skill, just that it mattered. You're calling out a guy for saying exactly what you're saying.
>>
>>37615476
>active hobby
>improve self confidence
>reduced anxiety
>meet new people
You can keep making love to your gun for self defence but some people want to do things and learn new skills, even if they'll never actually use it
>>
>>37615757
Yes but then you are doing it for a hobby and not self-defence

So ask your coach
>>
>>37613479
Fuck yes strength matters.I just wrestled a 170 lb blue belt (i'm 195) and choked him out (arm triangle if you're wondering). Being stronger means it should be easier to sweep them, put top pressure on them and of course control them.
strength/no technique<technique<<technique and strength (this applies to pretty much any kind of fighting but especially bjj/wrestling/mma)
>>
real gentlemen don't fight
>>
>>37614579
Hitting hard is 90% good technique 7% setting up the knockout 3%genetics.
If you don't have accuracy/ good technique then having good power is way less useful. Look at Roy nelson, he used to hit like a truck but has a unidimensional striking game (it's literally wing the overhand right until they go to sleep or he loses). Stipe Miocic is the best example of a fighter with good power and good technique. He hits hard and does it consistently through good technique.
>>
>>37614687
bench press totally applies to bjj though... You've clearly never had a 300 lb dude try to drive his elbow into your throat. Bench press helps with framing in side control/creating space, etc.
>>
>>37615888
There is more than one reason to fight. BJJ is a co-ed activity.
>>
>>37613776
There is a lot of technique involved in successfully executed the kimura without strength; the problem is that most people just try to muscle it. I spent the first 4 years specializing in Kimura and had a great coach for it due to his additional shooto/catch wrestling background. If you want to see good examples, look at Rose Namajunas kimura finished in TUF. That was all from my coach.

Although obviously some techniques require much less strength than others. The submission that requires the least strength is the heel hooks. A great example is the fight between Butterbean (420lbs) and Genki Sudo (145 lbs). Also note the takedown he uses - the low single which also direction attacks the knee joint.

>>37615943
No

>>37615975
Framing is not about muscle, it is about proper aligning of your arms so that you can support their weight without having to use any muscle. Ryan Hall explains it really well in one of his DVDs.
>>
>>37615888
Bartitsu begs to differ :
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/ufc-origins-victorian-london
>>
>>37616051
95% men. Although I rolled with two women today, which is rare.
>>
>>37616107
>bartitsu
>>
File: KFlAOmE.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
KFlAOmE.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>37616122
>>
>>37613479
nobody is going to be impressed if you lift them up.

clean&jerk them through the ceiling, though...
>>
>>37613479

Depends on what kind of fight we're talking about. Strength and overall size is a strong indication of who will when in a street fight

This the reason why they have weight classes in organized fighting sports
>>
>>37614741
>nonsexual human contact
Like people don't get boners during
>>
I bench 405. One punch and you're in a coma. Fuck off skinny twinks
>>
File: Tate Headkicked.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Tate Headkicked.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>37616186
>he thinks the power from a punch comes from your arms

I know women who can hit harder than you
>>
whatever dude i like lifting and fighting is for dumbasses
>>
>>37616262
Based on your posts, it's very ironic that you are calling other people "dumbasses"
>>
in boxing or a martial art, no.

In a grab hold of eachother/ gouging/ chocking/ biting/ rolling around on the floor fight to the death, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBSQEnvz6zo

vid related
>>
>mfw /fit/fucks think adding mass will protect their pressure points
>>
File: tips fedora neckbear.jpg (197 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora neckbear.jpg
197 KB, 3000x1688
>>37616313
>>
>>37616313
>thinks poking people's pressure points is going to be enough to end a fight
>go back to watching naruto you fucking weeb
>>
File: 1388258165948.jpg (2 MB, 922x3169) Image search: [Google]
1388258165948.jpg
2 MB, 922x3169
>>37613785
I find it hilarious to find a df joke on /fit/ simply because df players seem unlikely to ever do deliberate, intense physical activity.
>>
>>37616313
wow am I in middle school again
>>
>>37616393
>>37616505

>getting this b8'd

Are you guys in high school or just new to /fit/
>>
Who cares about that if you want to win a fight, bring a pipebomb. Nothing beats a pipebomb.
>>
File: marcelo-garcia-ricco-rodriguez.jpg (146 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
marcelo-garcia-ricco-rodriguez.jpg
146 KB, 600x450
>>37613776
It helps that Jacaré is also one of the best BJJ players ever. He's pretty equal in terms of skill with marcelo, being also 20 lbs heavier

Marcelo vs Ricco is an example of the skill disparity overcoming the strength/size difference.
>>
File: 1465988796923.jpg (85 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
1465988796923.jpg
85 KB, 610x475
>>37613479
>Lel mass means nothing I just have to circle him and he'll tire out
>Then I have to get close to hit and get wrecked but it has nothing to do with him being big and having abs ahahahah
>>
>>37615476
this is true, you don't need much skill to beat an average dope. but judo, bjj, boxing etc is FUN to train..

99% of people (after the first year) aren't training for that one street fight they might get in one day - they keep going because its fun
>>
File: 081204_fat.jpg (30 KB, 353x350) Image search: [Google]
081204_fat.jpg
30 KB, 353x350
What are /fit/izens experiences with fights?

>what's your age, height and weight?

>what martial art or any sport do you practice?

>have you ever whiteknighted (ie fought to defend a cumdumpster or some other weakling?)

>have you ever fought someone above your weight? (30lbs + difference)

>what was the most painful technique/method ever used against you in a fight?
>>
>>37616903
23, 5'10'' 165lbs

I did Kickboxing/Sanshou in my teens, now a BJJ blue belt

>have you ever whiteknighted (ie fought to defend a cumdumpster or some other weakling?)
Nope

Street Fighting no, I never fought anyone.

Rolling in class, yes, happens pretty much time I go and me being one of the lightest makes me meet people that outweight me by 30 to 80 lbs. If they have no experience it's pretty easy to beat them, but it gets increasingly harder the bigger they get. A 200lbs white belt can put up a good fight

A purple belt once ezkieled me so hard I thought I broke my windpipe. I've been slammed pretty bad by some ignorant mofos, and I usually cringe everytime someone leglocks me (calfslicers are fucking stupid).
>>
>>37617013
Why do you say calfslicers are stupid? I think they've been used very effectively in a few pro MMA fights.

Also, is slamming done by inexperienced noobs in BJJ or is it people who know they shouldn't be doing it but don't give a fuck?
>>
>>37616562
>DarkSoulsUnarmedRun.jpg
>>
File: 1463190980802.jpg (74 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
1463190980802.jpg
74 KB, 422x750
>>37616903

>19, 6'3", 190 LB

>boxing

>technically yes i guess, was about 17 and some dude was picking on a kid on the bus ride home for reasons i can't remember, wasn't really willing to fight him over it but he sperged out and started swinging so i clocked his ass

>yes, some fat kid at a party when i was like 15

>fat kid hit me with a rock and it gashed by head open, beat the ever loving shit out of him after that
>>
>>37617052
I'm not saying they suck, they are legit as fuck. They just scare me and usually hurt like hell.

In regards to the slamming, it's both. Some first class big guys that get caught in triangles and pick me up and think it's ogre to fucking slam me. That is usally my fault for not warning them.

Sometimes there are strong white belts that just do that shit to escape subs and try to pass it as a "I fell down".

>Inb4 someone tells me it's my fault for not letting go and letting them pick me up in the first place
>>
File: 1460146773547.jpg (92 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460146773547.jpg
92 KB, 640x640
>>37617127
dont be a fucking bitch

you shouldnt have to "warn" anyone about not slamming you, if you let them slam you - you shouldn't have a blue belt.

underhook the leg you fucking idiot as they try to stand
>>
>>37617170
>underhooking the leg of a big ass dude that squats and deads double your bodyweight

It's not always that easy senpai
>>
>>37613671
wow that guy in the orange threw a really shitty punch. No surprise the other guy laid his ass out on the tarmac
>>
>>37617256
u got a technical blue belt from gracie academy online didnt u
>>
>>37613479
Being stronger obviously means you hit harder, but you would hit much harder again if you actually knew what the fuck you were doing.
>>
>>37617304
get in my guard ill focking choke u nigga
>>
>>37615881
you get belts in wrestling? I thought that wrestling was rigged, why would there be a ranking system?
>>
>>37617304
Get a load of this pedantic fuck. Not even the guy you're quoting but post a video of one of your matches, show us your skills or stfu. It's so easy to claim how you would do things differently and better. Seriously, faggots like you ruin every single martial arts thread on 4chan including /asp/. I could bet my left testicles how your only experience in any martial arts come from the Naruto box set.
>>
>>37613479
It helps, provided that you actually train jitz. There's a reason there's weight classes and bigger guys always do better against smaller guys, with few exceptions.
>>
>>37614628
You would think so but I have seen more than one person hurt themselves trying to fire a gun. People are fucking stupid.
>>
>>37614741
>implying you cant have all that and a way to kick the shit out of people.
>>
File: gunnar jawbreaker.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
gunnar jawbreaker.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>37613841
Based Gunni
>>
>>37617365
i encourage people to stand up in triangle setup, i underhook the leg and toss them over and get my other leg over the face for the armbar..

i think competing in bjj is fucking dumb, unless you're a legit phenom. best case scenario i win a dumb medal. bjj is expensive enough as it is.. why would i pay 100$ to go compete
>>
>>37616903
>tfw no one wanted to start fights with you as a kid because you were 6 foot tall by 15-16
Didnt stop them talking shit though.
>>
>>37613479
Yes, definetly for more reasons than just "hitting harder". More core strength, endurance and knowing your body (this one especially). Better reflexes and speed.
>>
>>37617438
it's called a hobby dude, you're allowed to have fun
>>
>>37617438
>i think competing in bjj is fucking dumb, unless you're a legit phenom. best case scenario i win a dumb medal. bjj is expensive enough as it is.. why would i pay 100$ to go compete
Because unless you compete you are in no position to tell people what they should do in this or that situation, nigger. You never experienced how fast-paced these situations can be and how not everything always goes to plan. You were having a go at the other anon's blue belt, but if you never competed yourself any belt you have is pretty much worthless.

Also
>$100 twice a year is a lot of money
Fucking lol.
>>
>>37617356
You're confusing rassling and wrestling.
>>
>>37615943
Stepe miocic is a golden gloves boxer. Here's how I'd break it down: 70% punch placement and 30% strength. Last fight I was in I got a haymaker to the mouth, suprisingly this is waaaay better than the jaw, temple and or oracle bone.
>I won, he hit me just that one time.
>>
>>37613479
>Does lifting really contributes absolutely NOTHING in a fight?
Self defence instructor here, it contributes to size, but that won't really matter to anyone who semi regularly trains.
Benching won't give you a stronger punch, knowing how to throw a proper punch will.
If you don't have good cardio, you will struggle if your opponent has any fighting experience, especially if the fight lasts longer than 20 seconds.
If the fight goes to ground, if you don't know how to grapple, you will tire out very quickly from trying to fight them off.
Your creatine phosphate and lactic energy systems will tire out within 2 minutes if you last that long.

Basically, if you lift for a while THEN join a self defence class and train there consistently, you will be useful in a fight, maybe even more useful than someone who doesn't lift that joined and trains as often as you.

The key factors in fighting are
>conditioning
If you can't do 50 burpees, you probably are't in a condition to fight, if you don't do cardio and only lift weights, you will run out of energy in no time
>aggression
If you want to hurt them more, it will play a big part in the fight, but it won't make up for a lack of skill
>technique
If you can't throw a real punch, take a hit, keep your guard up or you don't have a plan before or after being hit, you will be pretty fucked
Also being big doesn't mean you have a good punch, sure throwing slogs with your weight behind them will be heavy, but winding a punch back is a pretty common mistake and causes inexperienced fighters to get dropped before they can swing
Also practising shitty techniques will cause you to lose, if you haven't sparred or hit anything (like in a lot of Karate schools) your guard will get smashed instantly, you won't be expecting it, and you won't know what it is like to fight someone who is actively fighting back.
>>
>>37616903
23, 5"11, 185
none
nope
barely "fought" anyone probably no
some manlet launched himself into my forehead when I was like 17, I fell and lost my vision for a couple seconds
>>
>>37617438
Teach me your master triangle system
>>
>>37616313
Top kek
>>
>>37616262
Nah son.
>nice body, More valuable to girls
>participating in team sport, better social skills
>acclamation to your body, more intelligence
>fitness is fun, like MMO charectar creation
>40% less likely to get cancer if your /fit/ (proven fact)
>longer, happier life span
>easy avenue to make friends
>something to pass onto children so they become chads that aren't plebs.
>win, win, win, win!
>>
>>37616313
I'll bash your temples in m8, then we can talk about "pressure points".
>>
>>37617518
Fucking burpees. What a hateful exercise.
>>
>>37617124
Good job.
>>
Keep punching with dumbbells, and you'll be Bruce Lee in no time.
>>
>>37617518
I can vouch that this is true, to an extent. Lifted big, always going for higher numbers, got huge. Boxed with a buddy of mine, and was gassed in a minute or so. Fast forward to now, I met a black belt (not just play karate) who I've been working with. He's been excited to get me further, because he knows that with my strength and power, properly trained, I'll have a massive advantage. So no, lifting in and of itself doesn't mean much, but having the big mans foundation puts me in a better place to move on.
>>
>>37617518
Trained athlete>average joe. Any day of the week. Even if their a curl bro they still have an upper hand.
>>
>>37616903
30, 195lbs, 6'1"

JKD, kick boxing, boxing, BJJ (most of which have some part in JKD), I spend about 8 hours a week doing MA and about 4 hours a week lifting or running separately from any conditioning in MA
I run a JKD club, I go to other clubs to learn new things and keep myself grounded in reality.

I hospitalised a guy who was ground and pounding some kid by sprinting into him and kneeing him in the head, only because the kid was unconscious and the guy wasn't stopping, police let me go without charges.

Many times, usually drunks, once battered a boxer who joined that said "I can take on anyone because I have a quick punch", so I moved to a lower position and took his leg out, he didn't have any experience fighting on the floor, I got him into a rear naked choke and he left red faced.

Probably being kicked in the balls during training, members at my clubs let go as soon as you tap, been bloodied up but nothing too bad.
I worked the doors for a few years a while back before I instructed, someone grabbed me by the balls and twisted, I stuck my thumb in his eye socket, he let go pretty quickly.
>>
Unless your just weightlifting only it does nothing with no martial arts training. But have you seen heavyweight fighters train in ufc, they do some heavy lifting.
>>
>>37617480
i compete in the gym, i roll with people 100% intensity every now and again, why would i pay 100$ to go do the same at a different location?

competing in bjj at anything but black belt is fucking dumb

and competing in bjj isnt hard, worst case scenerio you get tapped out, there's no risk (unless freak injury)... its not like competing in mma or striking where you actually take damage. stop thinking you're tough because you pay money to roll with people in a different location for a cheap metal medal
>>
>>37617356
No belts in wrestling no. And WWE is only wrestling in name. Look up olympic trials or something that's the actual effective wrestling. And when you get good at it. It's probably the best background to take into fight training
>>
>>37617566
I make members at my club do 20 at the start of each lesson, and they have to do 200 to qualify for black belt grading (can't remember the time requirement as the papers are at the club)

>>37617576
glad to hear you know the difference between traditional and play karate, I'm yet to meet anyone big who hasn't had an advantage once they are properly trained, glad you made the move to martial arts rather than being a gym mongoloid who is good at posturing.

>>37617584
>Even if their a curl bro they still have an upper hand.
Only against someone who is equally inexperienced.
A 160lb 5'8" guy who trains at a boxing club 2x a week for 6 months will batter a 6'2" 220lbs competitive bodybuilder with no fighting experience (outside of shadow boxing)
>>
>>37617694
Not a fan of shadow boxing either.
>>
>>37613479
Holy smoke.. That would explain why no professional fighter ever goes to the gym.

Man, you're genius, inform Nobel committee you should get the prize.
>>
>>37617625
>i compete in the gym
thats not competing

>i roll with people 100% intensity every now and again
rolling != competing

>why would i pay 100$ to go do the same at a different location?
It's not the same. When you compete you go against people you have never met or rolled with in your life. It's a completely different way of testing your skills from rolling with a person you're used, trained under the same instructors as you and become predictable with time. Fair enough if you only do it to stay fit and have some fun, but don't go around questioning the belt and skills of other people if you don't compete because competing is the main reason why sports were created in the first place. Even children do it at whatever sport they play, stop pretending not competing is the standard thing to do in a sport. You implied the other anon got his grade from an online course when you never got out of your comfort zone. And please don't use the $100 fee as an excuse, we all know that's not the real reason why you don't want to get out there, and the hubris in your previous posts makes that crystal clear.
>>
>>37613479
of course it contributes you are stronger, more flexible and agile , have more endurance etc...
>>
>>37615476
fuck off nu male, dont you have to go to prep the bull or something?
>>
>>37616903
24, 1.71 cms 75 kgs (out of shape now)
bjj, box, kick boxing, muay thai (used to currently inactive)
no but i always wanted to
yes, sparring agains bigger guys always, also for some reason i ended fighting a guy like 10 lbs over me who rekt me hard, but nothing too big in a normal fight
after going back to bjj some guy landed over my ribs and i tought they were broken, also not so long ago i got my face rekt pretty hard for boxing without condition but it wasnt painful
>>
>>37615476
> knock out punch
> just get a bag and practice lel
Sounds like a great way to make sure you're throwing shitty haymakers
>>
>>37617013
>Another nerd bad at leglocks

Why do people allow themselves to suck?
>>
>>37615583
>trying to shut down discussion
>WOW THIS IS LE BIGGEST LOGICX XDDDDDDD
let me punch your mom's uterus
>>
>>37616903
>>what's your age, height and weight?
30, 192, 76. Lanklet master race
>>what martial art or any sport do you practice?
Currently daido-juku. 14 years tkd (> tkd), 2 years mma and dabbled in judo
>>have you ever whiteknighted (ie fought to defend a cumdumpster or some other weakling?)
Nope
>>have you ever fought someone above your weight? (30lbs + difference)
Used to train regularly with guys over 100kg. Biggest was 130.
>>what was the most painful technique/method ever used against you in a fight?
When I first switched from tkd I ate a cross right on the tip of my chin which partially dislocated my jaw. That hurt like a bitch. Hurt even more when my physio popped it back in
>>
>>37617980
Taekwondo is such a bloody waste of time. Its good for a warm up for other things and not much else.
>>
File: bjj.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bjj.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>37616903
weight difference doesn't mean much if there's no strength or skill to match it.
vid related: easy as fuck to tap a bigger out of shape guy
>>
>>37618029
I've found it pretty hand in terms of space management, kicks and flexibility. Anything which trains with close to full power sparring against a resisting opponent is going to be useful.

That said I would have been far better with 14 years of muay thai.
>>
>>37616441
I'm fit as fuck and i love DF.
>>
>>37617820
i can't criticize the skills of a blue belt that doesn't know how to stop a slam attempt? LOL

just from your responses to my posts I can tell you're likely a chubby, under 6ft bitch that would cry and have a mental breakdown if you ever got in a real fight. you probably ask people how much they weigh after they tap you so you can justify it to yourself

bjj isn't that serious. competing in bjj isn't that serious. it's a silly game. competing in bjj will gain you no respect despite what you think. no one cares that you can go compete and tap some scrub from another school that has the same attitude as you..

you are acting like competing in bjj is like going to war, it's a dumb game in your pajamas. treat it as such.
>>
>>37618430
>I suck at it but it's ok because it's just a silly game haha

Pathetic. Also nice projection, chubster.
>>
File: 1458093135228.jpg (237 KB, 873x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458093135228.jpg
237 KB, 873x1024
>>37613479 (OP)
29, 6', 190
Did 4 years of Muay Thai, stopped (hip pain). Currently at 5 years of BJJ/catch wrestling.
No, I don't associate with douche bags or go to places where douche bags hang out.
Sparring in the gym MT and grappling. Regularly grapple a black belt who is 250+. Most people are smaller than me in the gym and the biggest people tend to be my weight or within 15 lbs.
Getting hit in the liver is ungodly painful. For grappling, the most painful techniques tend to be catch wrestling moves. Off the top of my head the moves at 0:47 and at 1:00 are extremely painful.

Just from my coach demoing and drilling, no one has ever hit them on me. I'm the only person that really does them to people in the gym. Also, when Erik demoed the shinlock on me, that was pretty fucking awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_B7Wd4LF28
>>
>>37618490
you're the kind of fuck that would never say this in person...

I tell everyone at my gym how i feel about competing and none of them say any of this

if you said this in person i'd wait outside until you left and bash your head in with a pipe
>>
>>37614612
maybe you're just naturally strong af. knew a guy who was stronger than most of my football team, but didnt lift at all
>>
>>37618512
thats a neat video. Doesn't your hip problem affect your wrestling?
>>
>>37618517
>if you said this in person i'd wait outside until you left and bash your head in with a pipe
wew lad
>>
>>37616313
>Obvious troll is obvious.
Jesus Christ, all these butthurt people responding.
>>
>>37616903
20, 5`11, 87kg

karate, kickboxing, judo, bjj

nope

in fights, no. sparring, yes

got KO`d by a knee to the face by my 6`2 110 kg senpai (literally) while sparring
also bodyslammed a fucker after catching his kick, made him wear one of those neck collars for a month :^)
>>
>>37618591
>Doesn't your hip problem affect your wrestling?

Grappling doesn't bother it usually. Sometimes it does, but it tends not to linger like it usually does when I kick stuff regularly (and gets worse). Usually only gets bothered when playing guard if at all.

Yah That's a good series. Some bread and butter catch wrestling stuff from side control. My arm went numb when my coach was demoing it on me once.

I feel like straight BJJ guys don't like side control as much because they don't know all the options. I live there. It's a nice spot. Way more submissions options than from mount or back, not that I won't go there given the oportunity.
>>
>>37617425
man, when they chokehold the jaw instead of the throath, it hurts so fucking bad
>>
>>37613479
Used to compete competitively nationally as a judoka.

People would be surprised how many opportunities you have to bench press someone off of you and how surprised they are when you bench nearly 100 lbs more than they weigh.

Squats also prevent knee injury.
Lifting completely affects your ability to fight.
>>
>>37618766
With 4 years MT I'd certainly hope this is the case but you never know: you were pivoting on your support foot on roundhouse, right?

The majority of hip/knee complaints regarding kicks ive seen/heard stem from keeping the support foot planted so the torsion goes into your knee and you jam your hip due to reduced ROM.
>>
If your a fatass powerlifter no but man what's with scrawny kung fu fags who think they could beat a bigger dude than them despite being a literal spaghettis?
>>
>>37618811
Nah, not a form issue. I suspect I have some sort of labral tear. Although I think I did it because of a form issue... We were learning spinning back hook kick and I kept my torso too upright and it hasn't been the same since.
>>
>>37613479
If BJJ is gonna work in a real fight, you need a fucking solid standing game, if you cant do a few solid takedowns real good and fast, you are fucked. Alot of the guys I roll with have zero standing game, its fucked up. Pulling guard in a real fight? I dont think so.
>>
>>37618896
Boxing>jiu jistu in a street fight.
Wrestling>everything else
>>
>>37618839
>Kung fu fags
Go against a flyweight Muay Thai fighter kiddo
>>
>>37618839
Kung fu fags never actually fight a resisting opponent and constantly get told how their techniques are 2dedly.

People who train worthwhile styles know from experience that weight does make a difference
>>
>>37613479
It certainly helps if it is just an average street fight. However, if the other person isn't tiny, and has had any formal training, you are fucked.
I watched my 5'10" friend beat the shit out of a 6'3" guy with a reasonably large build, just because he retained the footwork from taking a year of judo in highschool.
>>
>>37613841
Manlet wrestler here, I rolled with a 120kg nigger the other day, im no noob and can hold my own, but that guy crushed me, was nothing I could do against 120kg of solid muscle, I should point out he was no noob himself, but still. Was impossible for me to match that strength and weight.
>>
>>37618879
Ah, yep that'd do it. Weird you forced it through though. People who stay vertical tend to naturally turn it into more of a crescent kick thing, hitting with the side of the foot rather than the heel.
>>
>>37618939
Yah, that was actually the suggested technique for people people not flexible enough to do the original technique. I just messed one up. I was practicing it a bunch because I really wanted to get it down.
>>
>>37617289
yeah that's why

Strength and/or size < skill and training
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>37613479
BJJ/MMA is retarded and unrealistic. No biting, no headbutts, no groin strikes, no nothing.

Let me tell you a little story

>Be drinking at bar
>MMA tough guy with bad ears talking shit to some guy who looks moderately built
>MMA guy hits a double and gets side control
>Guy who knows nothing bites mma guys neck as hard as he can
>Pulls back he has mma guys meat in his fucking mouth
>MMA guy almost dies on the spot blood everywhere

Thats why its bullshit.
>>
>>37618980
That sucks man. I'm the 14 year TKDfag. Not directed at your previous coach but in general it makes me so mad how many shitty coaches there are who don't teach correct kicking form and end up fucking up their student's knees and hips through ignorance and/or negligence.

The prime example of what happens is that jason chambers fag from human weapon blowing his ACL because he thought doing a tornado kick with a week training was a good plan.
>>
>>37619024
Youre fucking stupid
>>
>>37619030
It wasn't me coach's fault. He taught the correct form and is a world class coach. He has developed champions in BJJ, nogi, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and MMA (3 alone in the UFC). I just messed up.
>>
>>37619024
>Not using Judo to follow with an armlock.
When will MMAfags ever learn.
>>
>>37619053
Yeah your coach sounds fine, hence my saying the comment wasn't directed at him. More an observation of the "industry" in general.
>>
>>37619051
>>37619056
Im gonna pull guard and go for a kimaura!!11one!!!

OWWW WHY IS HE HEADBUTTING ME OWWW STOP DIS ISNT FAIR REF REF.

You fucks are so deluded its funny.
>>
File: 1465907185814.png (307 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1465907185814.png
307 KB, 500x379
>>37619066
Confirmed for retard that has no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>37619064
I didnt' see that. My first coach said he had bad knees from not pivoting properly
>>
>>37616903
21, 5'10", 195lbs
Wrestled through highschool (quit because of a hockey injury and never picked it up again)

Probably about 30lbs heavier, but he was fat.
Being hit in the shoulder with a beer bottle.
>>
>>37619088
How so. There is no BJJ move that tells you how to defend a headbutt. You are manchildren rolling in bath robes thinking your hard asses. Its funny get in a real fight youd get DROPPED. No ones gonna play that rolly pollie bullshit
>>
>>37619024
Even black belts will say it, jiu jitsu isn't effective in a street fight compared to judo or boxing. Boxing is how you win a street fight, simple facts.
>>
>>37619096
>Being hit in the shoulder with a beer bottle.
story?
>>
>>37619115
This i agree with especially boxing with a big focus on clinch
>>
Lifting will probably make you better at baseball than someone that doesn't play baseball, doesn't lift and doesn't train for baseball. Will you have a chance against someone that trains for baseball? No.

Same for all sports, including combat sports.
>>
>>37613802
Not "everybody", but for us Brazilians it is almost always. Vitor Belfort actually dealt steroids for years and is a notorious supplier.
>>
>>37619096
>missed a question because mobile 4chan is annoying
I used to use girls as an excuse to fight. When I was younger I would go to parties and look for guys that looked like they were irritating girls.
It is probably a good thing that I have calmed down a lot.
>>
This >>37619024
BJJ is a joke. Unusable in any real life situation. It is simply a way for Brazilians to make money. Nothing more.

MMA would be 10x more exciting if they allowed half the shit they used to--and then came the Gracies, bought it up, and changed all the rules to make pussy bjj have a chance.

It's a big pussy sport now.
>>
>>37619101
No shit not every move is going to be practical. There are plenty that are though. Ever hear of No Gi? A lot of what's taught there can be applied to a real life scenario.

What you fail to understand is that BJJ is an art of self defense. You should always avoid a fight whenever possible for exactly those reasons of what could happen. Playing dirty, having buddies, ect.
But if you have to get down, it's definitely going to help.
>>
>>37619141
I'm going to start with boxing in September then move then move onto judo, Muay Thai and then jitz. Probably going to take gymnastics, yoga and a parkour class to. If you haven't gone to college yet like me, try taking the exercise class they have at the community college. It teaches proper form for lifting and basic self defense.
>>
>>37619227
I definetly wouldn't say jiu jitsu is a joke in a street fight, there are just much more effective martial arts for that sorta thing aka boxing.
>>
Strength and size absolutely matter in any form of combat. The extent to which they do depends on the context. Chances are you won't get be getting through many opponents at a boxing gym with zero experience unless you are a ridiculous stud in terms of both strength and endurance. That being said, if you take the time to develop your skill on top of a huge base of fitness, it will put you'd tear some skinnyfat with the same level of skill to pieces, and possibly overwhelm opponents with significantly more skill who substantially lack fitness in relation to you.
>>
>>37619281
60% skill, 40% fitness. Being natty has nothing to do with it unless your bodybuilding.
>>
>>37619122
I had a bar fight with an Injun. As soon as you start winning, the rest of the tribe comes out.
>at bar with friends
>drunk Indian comes over
>mistakes me for someone else, starts mouthing off to me
>tell him to fuck off unless he wants a problem
>he tries to throw a haymaker, misses by a mile
>put shoulder into his chest as I stand up, take him to the ground
>get a couple of solid shots in, about to get off
>his friend comes running over, tries to bottle me
>misses my head, since I was getting up, hits shoulder instead
>friend shoves him over
>bartender tells the Indian group to leave, let's us leave through the back 15 minutes later

Not a particularly interesting story. It left a really big bruise, and I had trouble moving my arm past a 90 degree angle for a couple weeks. I am actually lucky that I wasn't stabbed, since that is a pretty common occurrence with Indians.
>>
>>37619309
That's fucking retarded. I would've beat the shit out of them both then smeared poop on there forehead where the crystal goes
>>
File: miyao-brothers-monoplata.png (335 KB, 538x367) Image search: [Google]
miyao-brothers-monoplata.png
335 KB, 538x367
>>37619227
You know the gracies did UFC1 right? Back when there where no gloves, and pretty much everything was allowed?

The rules were changed by the pussified nation, not the brazilians. The brazilians actually love violence and where fighting vale tudo matches back in the seventies.

>>37619024
This is fucking stupid. Try to fucking bite me while I have you in side control. I will fucking bash your head in.

>Related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw

Even for those "MODERN BJJ IT'S STUPID, IT'S A SPORT , BLA BLA"

I would bet my life either of pic related would fuck up 90% of /fit/ popualtion in a no holds barred match
>>
>>37619227
>MMA would be 10x more exciting if they allowed half the shit they used to--and then came the Gracies, bought it up, and changed all the rules to make pussy bjj have a chance.
wow this post is embarrassing, good thing we're all anonymous here lol
please go back to posting about something you actually understand (feel threads maybe)
>>
>>37619336
No, feather Indians.
If you make a habit of fighting Indians, you WILL eventually be stabbed, have your car stolen, your pets killed, or your house burned down.
>>
>>37619309
are you in alaska?
>>
>>37619400
Ontario.
>>
fighting is more about leverage and timing than pretty much anything else

I'm skinny fat, but roll a lot and did kick boxing for years so my skinny fat teeps are going to be better than chad muscles most of the time

there is a point where someone is so much bigger than me it doesn't matter though
>>
>>37619362
actually, he is spot on and if anything it's your post that is embarrassing

you don't seem to know much, but maybe start here:
go look up the history of mma
the ufc has been around for 5 minutes
the gracies made the ufc for bjj
mma has been around far longer
there were few rules prior to the gracies

source: me, 17 years a cage fighter, now retired
fyi, i am a bjj bb under carlson, and without disclosing who i am, few people knew carlson better

you, kid, apparently know nothing and are just embarrassing yourself

i wouldn't say bjj is useless in a street fight, but it is almost useless in a street fight
no rules (bjj needs rules or is impractical; it is a sport--not "fighting")
fyi, i've been in easily over 20 street fights, albeit most were in bars
my bjj is useless in street fights
they end in seconds
they never go to the ground
there is almost never any form of grappling in a street fight
you typically have multiple opponents anyway and cannot grapple and unless you want your headstomped and be killed by your opponents friend, you are about a moron to go to the ground (not a mat, btw)

you've embarrassed yourself badly here
ironically, you seem to think you are right but sound really dim to the rest of us
>>
>>37619266
>basic self defense.
If they're teaching you anything but proper running form, wall runs and side vault they're not teaching self-defense
>>
>>37619642
They show a lot of lifting and shizz. They have a yoga class to ;)
>>
>>37619362
Umm, what he >>37619227 said is right. Art Davie and Campbell McLaren created the UFC in 1993. Because he wanted to copy the "War of the Worlds", he brought in Rorion Gracie later on and made him a minor shareholder. The Gracies were unhappy with how things were handled because of the lack of rules and threatened to bail. Because the entire business model was based off the War of the Worlds tournies, he wound up selling them the majority shares and the Gracies added from what was only 2 rules, to literally over 40. To this day, of the unified rules, the vast majority were created by the Gracies. It was simply what was selling at the time and there was a big political push to make MMA illegal in the U.S., otherwise and without that no one would probably even know what Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is (which is just a knock off subcategory of real Jiu Jitsu anyway and was spawned by the Gracies to brand it and make money).

If you don't know this, you don't know much about MMA and are pretty naive to be talking shit to others.
>>
>>37619610
>seems legit
>>
>>37613479
It contributes power. If you don't know how to use that power or are too slow, then it doesn't help unless you get luck or are fighting someone else who doesn't know shit.

If you're a lifter who knows how to hand trap and swing correctly, you can be really terrifying.
>>
I know exactly who this >>37619610 is.

Jeezus "M", I didn't know you came around here. It's Joao. What are you doing on the kiddie boards? You're wasting your time trying to teach this unruly bunch anything. Hit me up if the wife lets you out bro.
>>
>>37619779
>talking to yourself to make it seem legit.
Funny how the unique poster counter didn't go up after this. Do you have the same IP as M, Joao? ;)
>>
>autists arguing about fighting on an online chinese, fitness domain
a kick to the balls and a pedigree and you're the winner
>>
>>37614612
idk about that senpai

leading up to my senior year of wrestling i got strong af in the offseason.

when i started wrestling again i was able to hold 90% of the people i wrestled to the mat. trying to muscle out of it wouldn't work. the only way people got out is if they were state champion-tier
>>
>>37613479
can we all come to the consensus that 90% of /fit/ doesn't understand how fighting works and thinks that your average street fight entails taking turns throwing your hardest straight punch at some drunk dude's face? seriously y'all 5'10 autists would get fucked by a manlet with experience, like it or not.
>>
yeah, try any of that shit on me and I just pull out my gun and shoot you :)
>>
>>37613762
>what muscles to activate and when
"oh shit this guy's getting aggressive. better activate my biceps at 100% punching velocity for max impact"
>>
>>37620966
If someone's close enough to try shit on you then they're too close to pull out your gun, rambo.
>>
>>37614218
damn, getting too angry to form sentences now?
>>
>>37620992
BOOM

already shot you mid-sentence, friendo ;)
>>
>>37613801
the real lesson is to always have both, and whoever tries to advocate one side over the other is likely insecure and lacking
>>
>>37613801
>stop making these shit threads.

THIS

IS

/FIT/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>37617880
insecure much?
>>
>>37615476
>throw someone to the ground
>BJJ
kek
>>
>>37619141
>go in for the clinch
>get stabbed
>>
>>37619844
there's over 90 unique posters in the thread dumbass it could have been anybody who was already posting.
>>
Strength is a good attribute to have. Lots of BJJ guys fall for the "you don't need muscles to be a good grappler" meme and have a cry when you manhandle them. B-but so and so Gracie beated people 50 years ago and he didn't lift!!1!
>>
Ceteris paribus, a stronger person is harder to kill than a weaker person.

This is indisputable.
>>
>>37613479
If both participants are at a similar level it contributes a lot, you can deny some openings with force in wrestling. In everyday life no matter how good you think you are at fighting it's really close to a coin toss, unless you like beating down random people and can choose when and where the fight happens.

If one participant knows a discipline, muscle mass means much less. Watch bodybuilders against others videos, BJJ one is really fun, he tries to punch the guy who is hugging him.
>>
>>37622117
This, some BJJ fag in college who claimed to be a blue belt was talking shit at a party that strength is useless in a fight. Challenged this huge D1 collegiate wrestler to a fight and was on the ground in 1 minute getting his face smashed in. Heard he got his nose broken and had to go for surgery lmao
>>
File: Karelin.jpg (90 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
Karelin.jpg
90 KB, 500x686
>>37622172
Wrestlers are probably the best grapplers because they're bigger, stronger and more conditioned. Not to mention that BJJers like to pull guard and most decent wrestlers are too aggressive for most other grapplers to effectively counter.
>>
>>37621005
lel r3kt
>>
>>37622227
at the lower levels a wrestler will beat bjj but the best wrestlers will not beat the best bjj competitors in grappling to a submission
>>
>>37617920
All that info and 'qualifications' and all I can think of is :

> 5'7 KEK manlet
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1440
>>37622227
>bigger
>stronger
>more agressive

I can guarantee you pic related will destroy any wrestler of same weightclass in a streetfight any day of the week
>>
>>37617953
nigga my mom is a jiujitsu black belt i'd like to see you try
>but... but i can deadlift 450!
>>
>>37613479
Humans fight weird, if we fought like animals the bigger and stronger would win a ton more, the only caveat to that is that we have a design flaw in that our large brains in thin skulls make us getting knocked out a lot easier than other animals but if there was no pretense to a fair fight the bigger guy would just beat the shit out of the small guy, biting, scratching even and ripping his nuts off, eye gouging etc.
>>
>>37613479

>/fit/- fights
>>
>>37613841
>Fight
>Restrictions on fight

You realize in a life or death scenario when your opponent puts his hands infront of your mouth you don't not fucking bite his fingers off, christ pit two animals against one another and there's no arbitrary rules that means someone wins over the other.
>>
>>37624028
t. someone who has never been in a RNC
>>
>>37624028
LOL please gtfo
>>
I bet 99% of people on this board can lift more than me
I also bet I could beat 99% of people on this board in a hand to hand foght with no weapons.

Strength is not equal to fighting capability. Training to fight and training to lift are two different things.

Fighters - Long term circuit training, cardio and usually HIIT
Lifters - Small reps with big weights, supplements and more heavy lifting.

Pic unrelated
>>
Holy shit you people are retarded, of course strengths has benefits in a fight. I know jack shit about fighting but i won both the fights(2) i've had in my life thanks to just being stronger. First time i just rugbytackled him with my head down and then just held him down and the second one i tackled him and just picked him up and slammed him against the floor, none of which i could have done if i was weaker. Both of the opponents were arabs who crashed different partys that knew how to fight. Why would fighters work out anything but cardio if muscles played no role?
>>
>>37613601
>theoretically
No. The muscle development and muscle alignment are completely different.
Weight lifting is only supplementary to sparring,
bag work and cardio.

In short, to hit harder and be a better fighter,
you have to train to hit harder and be a better fighter.
Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.