[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermittent Fasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-06-18_21-07-41.png (180 KB, 647x847) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-18_21-07-41.png
180 KB, 647x847
What the fuck, why are you NOT doing intermittent fasting yet?

This shit seems like a miracle and a Godsend.
>>
I do IF for no reason other than it being the best way I can have a fucking huge meal without feeling bad about it.
>>
>>37606914
Because it's a shit meme and when I don't eat I lose all my energy
>>
>>37606914
IIRC its a meme unless you're doing 3+ days of fasting

it's just a mental trick to make you eat less because you cannot physically eat 3500 calories within the course of 2 hours
>>
>>37607382
>you cannot physically eat 3500 calories
How can one person be so wrong?
>>
>>37607382
Wanna bet
>>
>>37607410
>within the course of 2 hours
>>
>>37607425
I don't understand.
Are you saying that you can't eat 3500 calories worth of food because you don't have the capacity to hold that much in you?
>>
>>37607410
>>37607417
stop counting calories start counting chemicals

calories are actually used for your skin

its what makes it stretchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvWkDUCU-c
>>
>>37607382
Give me three pints of ben and jerry's and I'll show you a miracle.
>>
>>37607463
>vegan
>advertising garbage from a doctor oz product placement
>>
>>37607481
science has proven that you actually should eat 3000 grams of vitamin D to build muscle because c alories are not real

my new diet consists entirely of vitamin D pills and i spent 11 hours a day sitting in the sun

so far i've gained 3 inches
>>
>>37607382
>IIRC its a meme unless you're doing 3+ days of fasting

That's not true.

Literally read any studies about it idiot tripfaggot.
>>
so would this actually work?
if i did the 16/8 fasting, not eating until 1 pm would it just be reducing me to 2 meals a day, no tricks?
>>
>>37607496
Did you remember to bury your feet in the soil? I noticed significant growth since i started doing it.
>>
>>37607503
if that is true then why is jesus so ripped after fasting for a month in the bible
>>
>>37607508
>so would this actually work?

Yes... Read any fucking article about it. There's insane amounts of research done on this.
>>
Literally zero reason to do it other than fat loss. And it's just one of many ways to eat at a deficit . Quit pretending it's magic just because you find it works for you
>>
>>37607496
Apply yourself, you're not even making an effort.
>>
>>37606914
So what do you eat after breaking the fast?
Just normal IIFYM? Or you cut at -500 calories? Or what?
>>
>>37607626
>So what do you eat after breaking the fast?

Whatever you'd normally eat.

If you're bulking you just get the calories/macros you'd normally get.

If you're cutting you eat at the caloric surplus you'd normally eat at.
>>
>>37607517
>Literally zero reason to do it other than fat loss

Very promising neuroprotective effects, higher GH production, insulin is reduced by like 30%, studies seem to show it's effective at reducing disease risks and cancer, et cetera.

>Quit pretending it's magic just because you find it works for you

Not only does it work for me but it's upheld by science and research. This isn't just "some shit some retarded guy on /fit/ made up", there is TONS of research about IF.
>>
>>37607382
>because you cannot physically eat 3500 calories within the course of 2 hours

You can easily do that...
>>
I'm always really hungry in mornings and not hungry in evenings.

Can I just (given that I wake up at 6-7) stop eating at 2 and be good? Cutfag.
>>
It's stupid, when I fast I go a whole day or several straight without eating. All the IF things I have read were just avoiding food until night time and then filing up your caloric requirements for the day. That sounds really weak and bad for insulin levels, and thus your sleep quality.

Just fast you'll feel closer to the heavens after a few days, great feeling.
>>
>>37607690
So you starve yourself for a half a day just to shove 3000 calories down your throat in 4 hours?
>>
>>37607946
8 hours, but yeah.

>Starve

It works for me. I don't really feel hungry or tired. I even lift (and do cardio) when I'm fasted.
>>
>>37606914
because IF causes eating disorders
>>
>>37607784
Yeah same thing
>>
>>37608489
This
>>
>>37608489
>>37608518
You sound like fatties trying to justify how you look with "b-b-but cutting and bulking causes eating disorders!"

Eatting disorders aren't a real thing you effeminate fucks
>>
>>37606914
I can't fast for 8 hours every day, eat 2 hours before i work out, go work out, shower, then go to work, every day. There aren't enough hours in the day to do that.
>>
>>37608546
>eat 2 hours before i work out, go work out, shower, then go to work, every day

Eat while fasted.

There's plenty of time, what the fuck?

Intermittent fasting literally makes your day and schedule simpler. I no longer worry about what I'm going to eat for breakfest, I just get to work almost asap.

Wake up -> Shower, brush teeth -> 2 cups of water, caffeine, creatine -> work -> Eat during the day -> Lift when I have time -> Day as usual.
>>
>>37606914

This is just personal preference, but I actually have had better results just eating a traditional 3 meals a day. I'm less irritable and more focused when I eat regularly and over time, it was easier to get used to eating fewer calories because my stomach just shrinks to the smaller meals that I'm consuming. When I was eating these huge meals in short periods of time, my stomach would feel much more empty throughout the day.

That being said, whatever works for you.
>>
>>37608584
>I'm less irritable

Your testosterone is lower, that's why.
>>
>>37608590

There's no possible way you would have anywhere near enough information from my post to know that.
>>
I tried this shit on Friday and 18-19 hours later I got cold sweats and felt like vomiting.
I read about it and it's normal. It's the transition phase where toxins are being processed and that's why I feel like that.

Opinions on this?

I know 2 men, one in their middle 50s another in their middle 30s who fast once a week. At least one of them also fast during a month, usually at the beginning of the spring. He just drinks I think throughout that month.

Both of them look energetic. Especially the older one.
>>
File: 1466311604966.png (6 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1466311604966.png
6 KB, 478x373
>>37607382
It was a good laugh tho lad
>>
I fast intermittently between 6:30 am and 12:15, then 12:45 to 7:00 ish, and then fast until 6:30 in the morning again
>>
Most, if not all of the benefits of IF also happen with a traditional caloric deficit.
>>
>>37609294
>Toxins
Fuck off with that hippy shit
>>
>>37609404
>Most, if not all of the benefits of IF also happen with a traditional caloric deficit.

Why do you talk about things you have no idea about? The studies literally show fasting provides the benefits, a caloric deficit has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>37607367
lmao fatass
>>
What's the best way for fasting? Intermittent or once weekly? What should the window be for IF
>>
>>37609486
everyday
>>
>>37609506
But which window is best to eat? 1 to 8? Are 7h good or too much?
>>
I've been doing it since February, it's pretty much my lifestyle at this point and i dont think about it anymore, i can eat my daily cals anywhere between 2pm and 6pm depending on the day, my fasts are between 20 and 22 hours.

I've fasted while cutting at 1200 and recently at 2000, i dont vouch for any of the extra "benefits" but i recommend IF if you struggle with overeating (in other words, fucking up your cut) even if you're not obese
>>
>>37609519
Doesn't matter bro.

Normally recommended(and what I do) is 16 hours no food, 8 hours feeding window -- WHENEVER you want, entirely up to you(whatever is convenient for you).

So what I do is no food 4 hours before sleep, no food 4 hours after sleep. Easy enough. That's a 16 hour fast.
>>
>>37609519
Doesn't matter, just keep in the mind the activity. I played basketball for about an hour or two. I suddenly had an excruciating headache, I went pale and weak and could barely move.
>>
Hey guys, how is your energy while on a fast? i've been doing it for a few months now while lifting and it was never a problem, however i started doing cardio 5 days week 3 hours after my meal, and yesterday i tried doing it BEFORE my meal and i had way less energy, it took me 26 mins instead of 20 to do my set

will my body adapt eventually or should i just keep doing it after my meals? i dont like running when i feel like shit
>>
>>37609693
>will my body adapt eventually or should i just keep doing it after my meals?

It might adapt, it might not. i think it's personal.

PERSONALLY, I lift fasted and I usually throw in 5 minutes cardio warmup before lifting, and 5-10 minutes after, sometimes I do about 25 minutes of cardio. I don't go too hard though.

My energy is fine and I don't feel any stronger or any differnt provided I'm sufficiently hydrated.

MIGHT i suggest you take caffeine? I reckon that might give you what you need.
>>
I did IF before I even knew what it was.

I legit just didn't get hungry before around 6 pm. I would wake up, go to school, eat no breakfast, skip lunch and have a cup of coffee instead, maybe like a cup of fruit every now and then, then I would leave school, go to the gym, and then get home and make a whole box of spaghetti and 2 lbs of beef or chicken + some sauce. Did that for years.
>>
>>37607382

"I'm a tripfag so my opinion matters"

"IIRC" get the fuck out of here with that shit.

If you post with a trip on /fit/ it should automatically take a picture from your webcam of your current body to go along with nonsense posts like this so that the casual lurkers don't fuck themselves up.
>>
>>37606914

because you're body hates it. These responses seem good on paper, but they fail to mention shit like how bad you feel. How dumb you get.
How exhausted you feel. How easily stressed you can become. and those negatives that also come with it, might not outweigh the benefits of it.

sure if you got 3 days of nothing to worry about but sit on a beach and fuck women, go for it. but if you are like any of us in the real world, you seriously need to weight up the cost benefit of it.
>>
>>37609740
>These responses seem good on paper, but they fail to mention shit like how bad you feel. How dumb you get

I don't feel shit. i feel fine, in fact I feel better than usual. I honestly feel MUCH more focused and I like rock-hard determination.

Normally I've always had ADHD that I never treated with anything, but since doing IF I feel like I actually scope in on one task and I get it done.
>>
>>37609740

Some people don't get like that. It just depends on your specific body chemistry.

I personally feel better when I'm fasting and I feel less hungry than when I eat multiple meals per day.
>>
>>37609711
will i lose all of the benefits if i decide to workout after my fast? i mean, i still fast for 20/22 hours of the day

i might look into caffeine otherwise
>>
>>37609819
>will i lose all of the benefits if i decide to workout after my fast?

No. At least not as far as I know/ have heard from others more experienced with IF than I am.

it doesn't matter when you lift, you can lift after your first meal if you want.
>>
>>37606914
I'm actually a PhD researching metabolism
That's the state of the art research when it comes to IF like you describe:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26374764/
>Research on time-restricted feeding is limited, and clear conclusions cannot be made at present. Future studies should examine long-term effects of intermittent fasting and the potential synergistic effects of combining intermittent fasting with exercise.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26135345/
>CONCLUSIONS: Clinical research studies of fasting with robust designs and high levels of clinical evidence are sparse in the literature. Whereas the few randomized controlled trials and observational clinical outcomes studies support the existence of a health benefit from fasting, substantial further research in humans is needed before the use of fasting as a health intervention can be recommended.

So, for me IF is a meme. But placebo effect is real, so if you believe in broscience then go on with your fasting.
>>
>>37610011
That doesn't really make it a meme.

What about all the other studies and evidence?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
>>
>>37606914
Tried it for 2 days and felt horrible, now I'm cutting with the same food I would have eaten on IF anyway but more spread out and I'm down 5 kilos in as many weeks. I'd have probably made similar progress on IF but since I train in the morning I feel crap if I do it fasted and I have issues getting to sleep if I'm really hungry.
>>
>>37610011

You're not a PhD, you didn't even read the conclusion.

More evidence/studies needed =/= meme.
>>
>>37610046
This paper is about a 5-day-long fast, i.e. starvation.
Is this what people who do intermittent fasting do? I though they stuff their faces beyond satiation every day. But the study you show has nothing to do with short term fasting.
>>
>>37607463
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
>>
>>37610096
ok idiot, do you then take every supplement there is on the market?
hurr durr there is not enough evidence so raspberry ketones work hurr durr
>>
>>37607496
>3000 grams
>3000
>grams
>3 kilograms

kek fuck off 2/10 made me reply
>>
>>37610096
you obviously don't know how opinions are expressed in scientific papers, because you never wrote any
not enough evidence == the previous studies don't show shit
>>
>>37610121
>>37610182

>still not reading the study
>getting more defensive and more wrong

I know 15 is a tough age bro, one day maybe you'll actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>37610249
yeah just keep believing in memes
>>
>>37610356
>I'm a phd student
>I use the word memes unironically

Pick one
>>
>>37610363
no
>>
>>37610363
I'm not a PhD student, I have a PhD
easy choice you meme believing faggot
>>
>>37610409
intermittent fasting has tons of research you dumb faggot

You are in highschool
>>
>>37607382
I fucking hate you you piece of shit why the fuck are you a trip yes I'm triggered get the fuck out and kill yourself
>>
>>37607496
>>37607463
>>37607382

>says something retarded but thinks it's true.
>get's hate over it and people call him a retard
>proceeds to try and back peddle and pretend it was on purpose by saying even more retarded stuff

trippin seems easy
>>
File: 1464146445837.png (417 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1464146445837.png
417 KB, 5000x5000
>>37610431
>tfw ill never get to tickle your butthole
>tfw i'll never get to tease you by cooking bacon while you fast in the morning
>tfw i'll never jokingly hug you from behind while 'spotting' you
>>
>>37610424
show me a relevant paper that talks about eating in a 8-4 hour window per day
show me the shitton
>>
Gabo is a fag :3 lol
>>
Is IF for bulking too?

Someone please respond to me
>>
>>37610459
>show me a relevant paper that talks about eating in a 8-4 hour window per day
>show me the shitton

>Alternate-day fasting in nonobese subjects: effects on body weight, body composition, and energy metabolism.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640462

>Short-term fasting induces profound neuronal autophagy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/

>Resting energy expenditure in short-term starvation is increased as a result of an increase in serum norepinephrine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10837292
>>
>>37610501
>Alternate-day fasting in nonobese subjects: effects on body weight, body composition, and energy metabolism.

>Nonobese subjects (8 men and 8 women) fasted every other day for 22 d.

it's a different feeding regime (fasting for 24h/eating for 24h) than you faggots do, so it's not a relevant study

>Short-term fasting induces profound neuronal autophagy

>Six- to seven-week old male GFP-LC3 mice were food-restricted for 24 or 48 hours.

it's a different feeding regime than you faggots do, so it's not a relevant study

>Resting energy expenditure in short-term starvation is increased as a result of an increase in serum norepinephrine.

>Resting energy expenditure, measured by indirect calorimetry, and hormone and substrate concentrations were measured in 11 healthy, lean subjects on days 1, 2, 3, and 4 of an 84-h starvation period.

it's a different feeding regime than you faggots do, so it's not a relevant study

>learn 2 read m80
>>
>>37610543
Close enough for me
>>
>>37610551
>>37610551
Educate yourself on circadian and ultradian cycles, then you'll know why it is not close enough.
On the other hand, if the placebo works and you feel better then why not. It's like taking meme supplements, it works because you believe in it and it keeps you motivated.
>>
>>37610581
>>37610543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc4dxbJp8A

watch this mister cuckold
>>
>>37610721
don't teach me how to cut, I lost 55kg in the last 16 months

also, I'm not going to listen to a hipster faggot with a gay accent
>>
>>37610732
and really, I eat 6 meals a day and have none on the 6 problems he says about

but maybe you're a twink manlet and can't enjoy a 2500kcal cut
>>
>>37607327

same

i fast from 8pm until around 130-2pm the next day when i eat around 700 calories. then eat dinner at around 6-630pm which is about 1000calories

because i can drink 3 cups of black coffee in the morning, the only time im really hungry is just before dinner or late at night
>>
>>37607425
What are 3 pizzas in 30minutes?
>>
>>37610732
>Hipster

in what way?

>Gay accent

he's Romanian
>>
>>37610859
i don't know, maybe I'm too old to treat people with a haircut like this and a tryhard beard growing attempt seriously
>>
>>37610721
kek at shitty form and shitty mobility
>>
Not good for muscle building or maintaining strength on a cut.

For people who are very busy basically.
>>
>>37610902
He looks better than you
>>
>>37610907
How? It has nothing to do with strength.

Meal frequency means nothing in that regard.
>>
>>37610912
And?
>>
>>37610924
He looks better than you.

What's wrong with his form?
>>
>>37610928
his mobility is shit, just look at the end of his clean movement - he keeps the weight of the bar with his hands
bench press - the bar path is vertical
OHP has similar problems as clean, and he overarches his back
>>
>>37610954
where's your youtube channel? I want to subscribe to it.

What's your physique like? Stats?

Yeah thought so faggot, shut the fuck up
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>37610971
>>
>Changes the function of cells, genes and hormones

Lost all its credibility, it's written by a retard and/or to pander retards.
>>
>>37607823
>bad for insulin levels, and thus your sleep quality.
are you retarded?
>>
>>37609819
You should just try to consume the majority of your daily food intake after your workout
>>
So does this method hold any merit as a bulking method? I've been doing some research, and a lot of people say thag it's completely worthless if your goal is to gain the maximum amount of muscle mass.
>>
>>37607496
>calories are not real
As a chemist who has done calorimetry in the lab.. I cannot express how absurd this statement is.

Your claim equates to "wood doesn't burn"
>>
>>37611747
The only thing it will do is teach you eating habits that will turn you into a hamplanet.

I know, I've been one for 28 years and I've been basically IF bulking (skipping breakfast, lunch and eating shitload while high at home until night) to acheive glorious 152kg at 50%bf.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.