[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gym doesn't have a squat rack, only way to squat is with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: cybex-smith-machine-2.png (47 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
cybex-smith-machine-2.png
47 KB, 225x225
gym doesn't have a squat rack, only way to squat is with a smith machine and its annoying af..
I can still feel Im working the legs but idk doesn't feel as good.. will squatting in a smith machine do more harm than good?
>>
Can't change gyms atm.. I'm in the army for another year and a half so don't really have a choice
>>
3 options: use dumbells, do bulgarian split squats or do goblet squats
>>
Just do leg extensions and hamstring curls
and lunges

smith machine is shit senpai
>>
>>37605467
This

It isn't worth squatting in smith machine at all.
>>
smith machine will SNAP YOUR SHIT UP
literally not even once
>>
>>37605467
Might be a dumb question but what the hell, dumbbells head level or with hands down?
really a beginner here..
>>
>>37605257
Are landmine squats an option for you? I actually prefer them to back/front squats sometimes.

https://youtu.be/_pgAcWjmmAw
>>
>>37605558
Arms hanging down.
>>
It's simple! Just take the bar from the bench.
>>
>>37605257
Why do you need a squat rack to squat?
>>
File: 1457276152588.png (87 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
1457276152588.png
87 KB, 320x233
>>37605257

I got better results in the smith than free weight squatting, and I squatted on average more in the free weight side of it.

do people just make shit up to feel superior? yes they do.
>>
>>37606244
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>37606244
>posts anime
>is retarded
no surprises here
>>
>>37606232
>getting 2+ plates to your back from a clean
>doing front squats
>gains
>>
How much difference occurs between regular squat rack and smith machine in terms of weight that lifted?
>>
>>37607016

Depends on a ton of things, but its pretty rare that there isn't a significant amount more with the smith machine.
>>
>>37605257
do you go to planet fitness?
>>
>>37605957
lmao1pl8
>>
>>37605257
Squats are overrated

Leg press, dumbbell lunges, leg extensions and leg curls are enough.
Oh and calf raises
>>
>>37606244
The Smith machine locks you in an unnatural position and you can't do anything about it, you retard.
>>
Just do goblet squats. Probably fix the form issues that using a Smith machine gave you.
>>
File: why.webm (284 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
284 KB, 600x338
>>37607053
>squats are overrated
>gives 4 exercises to do instead of just one
>>
why not all of those?

>>37607053
no, squats are not overrated, it isn't just a leg exercise, it trains your balance and mobility, hardens your core, your body as a whole, can even help the release of testosterone...

>>37607446
do few from those plus squats..
>>
>>37605257
Clean and front squat
>>
File: Hammer-Strength-Smith-Machine.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hammer-Strength-Smith-Machine.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
If the machine is slanted instead of straight, it's fine to do back squats. Otherwise, do front squats.

When you eventually move to a squat rack you will have to deload to strengthen the stabilizer muscles however.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.