[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness Trackers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Anyone use these? I'm about to fall for the cardio meme to assist with my cut and no nothing about them. Want something to track heart rate and help me figure out a ballpark of calories burned and all that good shit. What should I be looking at that isn't that xiaomi piece of shit
>>
no fuck those things. waste of money. just another crutch.
>>
>>37604814
Crutch how?
>>
>>37604814
What happened bro, fitness tracker kill your sister or something ?
>>
they're getting sued because the heartrate monitor is wildly inaccurate and thus so is the calorie burned tracker

it's a piece of shit. use only if you care about stuff like the step tracker.
>>
>>37604886
I'm not just asking about Fitbit. Asking about all fitness trackers.
>>
>>37604813
I don't see why its at all necessary unless you plan on becoming an advanced/competitive runner. In that case I'd suggest a gps watch to track pace, distance, splits, etc.

Otherwise just do your thing.
>>
>>37604813
They're garbage. They exist really only to track your whereabouts and give them enough personal data to make good guesses at what you're actually doing, so they can build a profile of your personality, which they sell to other companies so they can try to sell you shit with targeted ads in your phone, browser, and email as spam. Get a real heart rate monitor if you want that and forget this shit, and oh by the way you really can't estimate calorie burning accurately by any method anyway, just use tables from the internet instead.
>>
>>37604813
I use a FitBit Charge HR mainly for sleep tracking, which seems to be pretty accurate.

The HR monitor matches the HR monitor on my gyms cyclist machine so I'm not too concerned about it's accuracy
>>
>>37605273
I also use a Fitbit Charge HR. Mostly because I'm morbidly obese.

But thanks to having a Fitibit I've gotten into the habit of weighing myself on a regular basis, recording what I eat, and being more active.

Now my resting heart rate is in the high 70s instead of the 100s and I've lost 30 pounds of fat in the last 3 months.

>>37604813
But if you're already in the habit of taking good care of yourself maybe having a Fitbit isn't a good idea. There are models that will track your heart rate all day and will tell you how many calories you've burned while wearing it.

But if you wear it you're doing a lot of driving then your step count, your calories burned, and how many flights of stairs you've climbed will be wildly inaccurate.
>>
>>37604813
ive been looking into them just recently but found out they are horrendously expensive for sometimes very little funcionality and the models with regular batteries that last ~year are rare, so i just gave up on the idea of having one, i pretty much wanted : time, heart rate, sleep monitoring and a long operating time, and what i found was that i would have to pay nearly 200$ for such a device, no thanks
>>
>>37605450
same here

The watch itself may not be incredibly accurate but I'll be damned if I don't go out of my way to hit the goals set on it every day
>>
I use my apple watch every day to track my heart rate, calories burned during cardio (running/biking) as well as distance/speed/pace etc.

Very useful to have a credit card on your wrist as well instead of bringing your wallet.

also adds +charisma when interacting with asians or geeky white girls in general
>>
The HR watches are useful if you're doing cardio (which you should be doing).

They might be 5 or so beats off sometimes, but they're close enough.
>>
>>37605773
I study was done a couple of weeks ago showing that they can be up to 20 beats off. They're practically useless.
>>
I just use my phone. Obviously not useful in the gym but I jog around town and the step counter / GPS figures that shit out just fine. In the gym just count with your own two brain cells.
>>
I have a fitbit charger that I got as sports authority went out of business. I got it to track my HR while training on my bike... supposedly my resting HR is in the low 50s and high 40s on average. I also apparently only sleep about 6:45 a night and toss and turn and wake up a lot... meh The step counter cant be accurate. I should have just got the wahoo HR monitor because it actually works with strava.
>>
Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone & Android https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00INQVYZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bxGzxbC4J1RR0

this, not a meme watch
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.