[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is foam rolling a meme? Also I tried to roll like in the pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: foam-roll.jpg (113 KB, 736x400) Image search: [Google]
foam-roll.jpg
113 KB, 736x400
Is foam rolling a meme?

Also I tried to roll like in the pic and it hurt like fuck. How do I know I'm not doing any damage?
>>
not a meme

shit is legit as fuck

the more it hurts the more you needed to do it in the first place. Just prop yourself up better to lighten your load
>>
>>37604546
its supposed to hurt at first, especially ur quads and hamstrings. try to relax you muscles as much as possible while doing it as if you're letting the foam roller mold your muscles like dough.
>>
foam rolling is god. i do it every night.
>>
>"are things I am ignorant about/too stupid to understand a meme?"
just kill yourself already
>>
Why are half of the fucking links in the sticky including the foam rolling link dead?

How can anybody take /fit/ seriously.
>>
>>37604546
You wanna know what's a meme? Asking if something is a meme.
>>
>>37604621

Go away you supple leopard
>>
>>37604546
The problem with foam rollers is that they're all the same diameter, even if there is different foam densities used to make them. If you're a skinny little girl like in your pic and weigh all of 100 pounds soaking wet, then the small cross-section of contact isn't much of a problem, but if you're a full-grown adult male, especially with higher than average lean muscle mass, then that tiny contact area means it hurts like hell, and may even be damaging you. Really they need to have larger diameter foam rollers for people who are not little cardiobunny girls, but they don't. The best you can do is prop yourself up so you reduce the overall pressure on that contact point.
>>
>>37605344

>a foam roller can damage you

I'm a massive dude and this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
>>
>>37605344
consider the following .jpg

Try taking a bunch of tennis balls and see if the pressure would be the same.

Now, next time you decide to post something stupid, please just don't
>>
foam rolling doesn't do shit.
>>
>>37605344
BS. It stopped feeling uncomfortable after a couple of weeks. Your muscles and nerves just need to get used to it and need to lose tension.

It helped reducing my lower back pain immensely.
>>
>>37604546

>Is foam rolling a meme?

No, it's a real thing that people do. It's not just something people quote on the Internet to be funny.
>>
>>37605386
>>37605711
>>37605758
Oh, shove it up your asses.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.