[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Cardio.jpg (271 KB, 1188x1028) Image search: [Google]
Cardio.jpg
271 KB, 1188x1028
Let's talk about cardio training.

Which cardio do you prefer? Do you even do any besides lifting?
How many times a week do you do it?
How is the intensity?
Do you participate in fitness events like the strongman run or similar ones?
What do you prefer doing cardio alone or with someone else?
Do you prefer cardio in the gym or outdoors?
On a related note:
I am cutting right now and eat about 700 below my tdee.
After cardio I burnt about 500 to 600 cals. Do I have to intake those burnt ones again or can I just stick to the plan as if there was no cardio? Will I lose more muscles than fat this way?
>>
>Which cardio do you prefer? Do you even do any besides lifting?
Running and cycling
>How many times a week do you do it?
1-2 times a week
>How is the intensity?
running about 45 minutes. Cycling 1h30mins
>Do you participate in fitness events like the strongman run or similar ones?
Planning to run a marathon
>What do you prefer doing cardio alone or with someone else?
Alone, people can't keep up and you can't run past your limits to improve
>Do you prefer cardio in the gym or outdoors?
Outdoors
>>
Running or elliptical
4 to 6 days a week
>How is the intensity?
Running 30 min or 4km whichever happens first, or 40 min elliptical at the gym.
I do HMB on sundays :)
Alone. I hate chitchat during workouts.
Outdoors when possible/during winter, but its usally just to damn hot outside.
>>
>>37602696
>30min/4km
You're not running
>>
>>37602781
Running 4-6 times a week for this long is fine. If I run for an hour I won't be able to run the next day with the same results. Either you rest or keep the distance/time low.
>>
File: hikers.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
hikers.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>37601886
Hiking, i live next to the mountain in pic related, plus dem leg gainz, so why not, it's fun as fuck too
used to be 3x, recently changed it to 5x
>How is the intensity?
very fucking high, i get to 180-190 bpm easily
nah
someone else, but i do it alone most of the time
OUTDOORS
>>
IMO the best type of running is intense sprinting for 10-15 minutes
>>
>>37602875
Do you warm up before that? I can't sprint for a longer period of time without jogging normally for about 10 to 15 minutes, else I'm exhausted after a mere minute or two
>>
>>37602869
A question related to cardio/calories

Is there any calculator online that actually gives a somewhat decent answer? i know that there's a lot of factors (type of cardio, intensity, bodyweight, etc) but there must be a way to know

i'm 6ft, weight 270lbs and do 20 mins of very high intensity cardio 5x a week(i get to 190 bpm and stay there for 20 mins, i stop the timer when i have to rest for a little bit) by the end of it it looks like i'm wearing a different shirt because of all the sweat
>>
>>37602781
Lol, i knoe. I do it after lifting. I try to keep my <3 rate at 145, so I go slow. I do sprints some times, but suck at it desu.
>>
>>37601886
crossfit
>mad volume
>heart rate high as fuck
>engaging more muscles
>interesting movements
obviously
>no shitty pullups
>no shitty technique deadlift
>no high rep oly becuase I like my shit unsnapped.
leaves you sore as shit all around, meaning there is way more tissue damage for your body to burn fat on repairing.
>>
>>37601886
dat overstride
>>
went for a 10k run for the first time ever and now my feet are fucked.

How to prevent getting blisters?
>>
>>37602004
>Planning to run a marathon
good bye gains
>>
>>37602696
>elliptical
>>
Been doing hiit cycling on the side. Sometimes i run too Im starting to enjoy it to the point that im actually considering making cardio my main focus and cutting back on the lifting a bit. Im at about three cardio days and three weight training days now but that is probably going to change.
>>
>>37601886
I'm on a semi-pro bicycle road racing team and ride 6 days a week most days, anywhere from 7 to 15 hours a week, for a total of about 500 hours a year of on-bike training.

In the off-season I spend 14 to 16 weeks in the gym 3 days a week strength training for the coming season. This may include plyometrics to improve explosive power for things like sprinting. After that any heavy strength training would interfere with on-bike training, so it's then limited to 1 day a week, mostly core strengthening and flexibility work.

Total weekly mileage may be as much as 300 miles on high volume weeks, but tends to be between about 175 and 250 miles on average.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.