[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that you should build a strength base before anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
File: asdfasdfasd.jpg (133 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasd.jpg
133 KB, 540x720
Daily reminder that you should build a strength base before anything else

>brosplits not even once
>>
Enjoy fucked up joints and pain for the last 20 years of your life
>>
>>37601603
crossfit gtfo
>>
>>37601595
That pic
>your body on strength routines

Also
>bodypart split can't be done as a strength routine
>>
>>37601765
and your point is????

faggot
>>
>>37601595
Can you post a picture of your physique?
>>
I don't get why so many people on here actually train for strengh. It's the dumb.

When are you ever going to actually use it? Seriously?
Posters will say
>to impress girls, I don't want to be asked to lift something and not be able to and look like a pussie.
Well in a way you are saying you lift for other people.
>I lift for myself and my own health
SS and lifting heavy really isn't near as healhty and active as a more frequent routine with more cardio. Lifting heavy for years will eventually fuck up your joints even with proper form. Enjoy being able to dead 500lbs and also enjoy having a wrecked back as an elder.
Think I'm kidding?
>I don't want to be weak
Stop compensating. No one realy cares about how much you can lift other than faggots who do SS. Seriously they are the worst type of lifters and think numbers actually mean something in life. If you aren't a professional powerlifter why actually try to lift so much?
You aren't realy using your strengh ever
And no bein strong does not mean being a better fighter.

I think all peope who do SS do it just so they can feel some sort of joy about themselves. They are usually ugly and fat but as long as they are "strong" and have "muh function strengh" then they are happy with thier lives despite never being able to use thier strengh.
>>
>>37603306
tl;dr

learn to summarize fagtron
>>
>>37603277
Memeing or actually retarded?
>>
>>37603371
whatever you dipshit
>>
>>37603306
>he thinks he will get big repping babyweight 3x8

Keep on benching that broomstick, i am sure the gains will show any day now...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
>>
>>37603288
The simplest and most savage reply to the fatasses and noob lifters who post this meme
>>
>>37603313
If you honestly can't read that much, your education system has failed you.
>>
>>37603661
>muuhh superior education
whoa there Charles Dickens, I went here for quick and concrete sentences, not a fucking textbook
>>
>>37603645
Looks like you didn't even watch your own video, retard
>>
>>37603669
If that was charles dickens, the writing would not have been so miserable.

Imdoibt a man as smart as dickens would fall for a brosplit meme, when literally every expert who lifts recommends linear progression to novice lifters.
He is smart enough to seek the advice of the expert.
>>
>>37601595
>>37601595
>>37601595
what the fuck is the story behind whatever it is this statue is trying to depict, that's what I wanna know
>>
>>37601595
lol that babydick
>>
File: rep ranges hypertrophy.png (69 KB, 890x320) Image search: [Google]
rep ranges hypertrophy.png
69 KB, 890x320
>>37601595

Reminder that "strength base" is a meme, you build muscle mass and strength at the same time when doing strength training.
>>
As a beginner who's benching 105 lb and squatting 135 lb, I should still be training for strength though, right? Until I plateau?
>>
>>37603746
so you're agreeing that he should do strength training over brosplits?
>>
>>37603709
It's from a Finnish (Swedish maybe, I can't remember) sculptor who sculpts surreal scenes with a realist style.
This is called Man Attacked by Babies, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>37603746
>source: my ass
>>
>>37603682
>>>>>twitter
Gtfo
>>
>>37603746
Go back to your containment threads and kill yourself.
>>
File: Klokov DL 300kg.webm (1 MB, 550x470) Image search: [Google]
Klokov DL 300kg.webm
1 MB, 550x470
>>37603770

Yes that's obvious.

>>37603789

Source: Meta-analysis of 20 studies.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hG1LGKxTHftDpxgiBU135IA4ruV_iKKh-IpdyhDA5jg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>37603306

Never going to make it
>>
Guys
Guys
Who gives a shit
Really who a shit

>Hurr Durr who cares if you can deadlift 500lb

>Hurr Durr who cares if you have big joosy Delts and a V taper

Who cares who cares? Just do whatever the fuck you want faggots OP your thread is useless kys.
>>
>>37601603
Haha did you found the fountain of youth or are you just deluding yourself into believing that your body wont slowly decompose like every other living thing on eart?
>>
>Strength base
Yeah, because getting stronger on a "bodybuilding" program is so hard. And getting bigger on a program for general strength is absolutely impossible. The argument gets even dumber when half of /fit/ seems to think adding bicep curls to SS makes it a "aesthetics" program.
>>
>>37603306
I work manual labor. Makes me better at my job and for whatever reason gets rid of the sharp, stinging joint pain and replaces it with a nice dull soreness. Honestly now my back feels absolutely terrible when I haven't deadlifted for a few days. Ditto for OHP and shoulders.
>>
>>37603863
doing whatever you want =/= doing something that works
>>
>>37604114
Literally who gives a shit, if I'm doing bench presses in the leg press machine half way around the world to confuse my muscles, how does it affect you?
>>
>>37603306
Imagine a guy that can deadlift 4pl8
And a guy that only deadlifts 1pl8

Now tell both guys to change a spare tire.
Which one will do it faster and more efficiently?
Which one would be more prone to injury?
Which one would be close to fainting by the end?
>>
>>37604202
yeah ok buddy, keep being small, that makes me look bigger
>>
>>37603306
>I like being weak

but being stronk is a qualification every man should aspire for

how can you call yourself a man if you cant even carry a 20L water jug and put it on the water dispenser?
>>
>>37603306

>implying all hobbies you spend your freetime on has to have a purpose or has to be useful
>>
>>37604228
I changed a tire with no issue when I was 12 years old. Are you implying that deadlifting has no practical use in changing a tire.
>>
>>37603306
I do weightlifting because it's more satisfying and enjoyable than bodybuilding routines. I enjoy having to learn and practice my technique, and seeing myself improve is more fulfilling than simply getting bigger muscles (which I get as a side effect).

This is a hobby for me, so I do what is more enjoyable.

What now faggot?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>37604387
>I do weightlifting but I've never been to the Olympics
>>
>>37604242
Yeah I'm tiny as fuck, I can't lift for shit, and?
I don't give a shit how much you lift or how you look. Nobody gives a shit how much I lift and look. Literally the only person I know that cares is me. Why do you care exactly.
>>
>>37601603
that is what will happen if you give yourself major imbalances with a brosplit, yes
>>
>>37603306
strength leads to aesthetics.

See tripfag: Tuna
>>
>>37604889
lel whiny little bitch
>>
>>37603746
Go back to your containment thread degenerate
>>
>>37601765
That's a solid-looking fairly strong-looking man though, decent IMO.
>>
>>37603306
>if you powerlift you can't do cardio and you absolutely have to be extremely fat
lol ok.
>>
>>37606050

Reminder that announcing or inciting reports is against the rules of 4chan.
>>
File: 25963.jpg (125 KB, 400x604) Image search: [Google]
25963.jpg
125 KB, 400x604
>>37603776
Gustav Vigeland was Norwegian, should be fairly obvious given that all these statues are from a park in Oslo.
>>
>>37603702
Not everyone starts out a nloody novice though. Not everyone here was a completely worthless sedentary fat/skinny fuck before wandering into the gym.
>>
>>37603306
>You aren't realy using your strengh ever
And no bein strong does not mean being a better fighter.

I can actually handle training in martial arts more because of lifting heavy and my body never gets sore afterwards unlike it used to when I was new to lifting now i train for 4 hours 3 times a week when I used to be only able to handle 2 hours and still have energy to lift 5 times a week doing a strength program.

I can also hit harder and move faster despite having T-rex legs if anything it's an upgrade my legs are less likely to get tired now because of all that squatting

I used to have a wrecked back from injuries and deadlifting fixed my back by making it stronger now I can even train more than I usually can.

not only that I don't have to ask for help when I move things be it the bed or the cabinet I can move them on my own without asking for help and without having to deal with back problems like I usually did

I don't understand why you'd even say that unless you lift yourself unless you're one of those faggots that only life for girls and I can see why you'd never see the point of using strength since you never had any to begin with.
>>
>>37605834
>I can either
>Reply with a refuting argument rated at least 1/10
>Or
>Call him a whiny little bitch
>>
>>37603306
>lifting baby weight
>making gains
Pick one
>>
Daily reminder that if you are natty and lift for aesthetics ONLY it doesn't matter what routine you use, it only has to have compounds, you have to have good diet and discipline.

If you want to look good and be strong, then you need to a good and detailed routine.
>>
Strength is a prerequisite to be aesthetic. This is why you build a strength base first. Because you can't get big without lifting heavy. And its much harder to get stronger on a high-volume bodybuilding routine than it is on a lower volume strength based routine.

>Muh strength base

On the flip side, there is no rule that says you need to squat 3 plates before you can curl a dumbbell. Look into ICF. Its StrongLifts with some extra work added in for hypertrophy.

Basically, you hit your main lifts for the day. Bench, Squat, Diddylift, OHP, and row. Then you go hit arms, abs, traps, chest.

Awesome program.
>>
Yall do realize that all of your favorite aesthetic idols are strong right?
>>
>>37606385

Not to the extent you'd think. Zyzz could barely pull 4plate and his bench was only about 250.
>>
>>37606460
But again, Zyzz was on gear.
>>
>>37606460
Wow, it's almost like he had a STRENGTH BASE. Plus Zyzz was on drugs. If he can look like that on drugs being so meh, what about your average "muh volume" natty who thinks he can get HUEG doing 3x12 135 bench?
>>
File: icf fags.jpg (61 KB, 802x385) Image search: [Google]
icf fags.jpg
61 KB, 802x385
>>37606324
yeah no, pic related
>>
>>37606529
>>37606543
>>37606460
>Zyzz

who? Never heard of her
>>
>>37606240
yeah I would but since you started going
>waahhhh Im weak who fucking cares
I dropped the interest on that
>>
>>37604077
Me too. My whole body aches after I skip a few exercise sessions.
>>
>>37603815
yeah gtfo sperglord
>>
>>37603746
and you don't have either
>>
>>37609188
dubs of truth
>>
>>37603815
oh god i'll get there someday. Even if I have to juice it mang.
>>
>>37610630

300kg deadlift is achievable natty, and you can look good if you cut down to low bf%. Probably won't be able to get both without juice though.
>>
>>37603306

you, i like you

I agree with it all, BUT strong lifts gave me mad gains my first year
>>
>>37604449
oly lifts are fun as hell tho
>>
>>37604228
You must be a kid from city. Literally nobody who even changed tire would think it is any difficult for anybody.

>protip: you dont actually lift the car.
>>
>>37603746
He's right though
>>
Posted like a person who has never gotten on a spin bike. You don't have to go to a class full of middleaged women to use one, you know that right?
>>
>>37608129
topkek m8
>>
>>37603306
I'm ugly and 5'6" so just getting big for no reason won't help me in anyway. Might as well get strong and be the small guy that lifts heavy compared to others in my pleb gym.
>>
>>37608065
That's a load of shit. While you maybe get slightly more out of every set doing low volume since you can put on more weight and focus a little more on the sets, the accumulated stress is greater with more volume, meaning more gains. Also claiming that you can't do some small excercises that doesn't really add that much fatigue after you're done with the heavy crap is just being lazy.
>>
>>37612706

"more volume means more gains"

Holy shit how stupid do you have to be to still believe this in the current year.

I guess I'll just do 100 sets of 100 reps every day then, seeing as volume = gains.

You autists who continue to argue about this stuff all look like shit and you know it. Gains is about consistency. Gains is about lifting the heaviest shit possible for whatever rep range you prefer, within reason. I prefer to work with doubles and triples, but I know others who like to do 8-12.

So long as you've got a good balance between intensity, frequency and total volume and you recover well, enjoy your endless gains train.

Meanwhile ignore all the flabby virgins arguing about rep ranges on /fit/
>>
>>37603306
>I think all peope who do SS do it just so they can feel some sort of joy about themselves

SS t-rexes BTFO.
Wait, how is this a bad thing?
>>
>>37612265
Heh
>>
>>37603306
>I don't get why so many people on here actually waste their time learning to paint
>I don't get why so many people on here actually waste their time learning how to play an instrument
>I don't get why so many people on here actually waste their time learning how to sing
God you are retarded.it's called a fucking hobby you weak dyel.
I do it because I'm into calisthenics and I need to get strong as fuck to do moves like a planche or a handstand.
>>
>>37614510
Post your physique.
>>
>>37603306
>muh joints
If you've reached the end of your lifetime in pristine condition, who can say you really did anything at all?

and modern medicine can already replace those so fuck off
>>
>>37614680
Post your physique, let's see if fucked up joints are worth it
>>
>>37601595
daily reminder that a """strength base""" has literally no merit and you can just do compounds and accessories at the same time and not follow retarded broscience from fat shitposting DYELS on a 4chan thread
>>
>>37601603
No exercise and muscle mass will give you that, retard. Working out until you're 50 or more it's the best thing you can do to avoid "fucked up joints and pain". Obese sedentary women are the ones who suffer from this.

t medfag
>>
>>37615313
You must be one incompetent 'medfag' since you can't even understand the point of this thread. It is sure about not working out at all ..
>>
>>37614813
>strength is useless
>>
>>37615862
Not what he said, but nice shitposting.
>>
>>37615862
>this shit dyel reading comprehension
>>
>>37603776
>This is called Man Attacked by Babies

That would make a great brutal death metal album title.
>>
Been athletic my whole life (wrestling, soccer, etc.) But just starting to get serious w weight training. Have weak lower back from compensating for a wrestling injury so trying to go slow. Want to build a good base. How does this look?

Mon

Warmup & stretch
Box Jumps - 5x3
Squats - 4x8-12
Deadlifts - 4x8-12
Hamstring curls - 4x8-12
Calf raises - 4x15

Tue

Warmup & stretch
Inverse grip standing rows - 4x8-12
Lat pullups - 4x8-12
Lat pulldowns 3x8-12
Reverse grip curls - 3x8-12
Behind the back wrist curls - 3x8-12
Seated incline dumbbell curls - 3x8-12

Wed

Warmup & stretch
Incline dumbbell press - 3x8-12
Decline dumbbell press - 3x8-12
OHP - 4x8-12
Tricep dips - 4x8-12
Rear delt flys - 3x8-12
Shrugs - 4x8-12
Cable flies - 4x8-12

Thr
Repeat monday

Fri
Repeat Tuesday

Sat
Repeat Wednesday

Sun
Rest
>>
>>37615899
>>37616010
lol you bite so easily
>>
What about greyskull LP?
>>
>>37603881
is there a bodybuilding program for beginners which will end up with you being strong in the long run (i.e 1-2 years)
I mean like repping 1/2/3/4
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.