[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Fatties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: josh_peck_weight_loss.jpg (21 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
josh_peck_weight_loss.jpg
21 KB, 600x451
Do you still count your calories or just eat sensibly now?
>>
>>37576267
>eat sensibly
Never learned to do this, even after losing all that weight. If I let myself eat whenever I get hungry, I will end up eating 3000-4000kcal every day.
>>
just eat good food when I'm hungry until I'm full. and a little extra on heavy lift days.

imo counting calories makes the process too anal retentive and joyless and could lead to burnout. the goal is to stick with the healthy lifestyle for the long term
>>
when talking about maintaining a healthy weight alone, you should get yourself off counting calories as fast as possible

the trick to achieving and maintaining fat loss is making it as passive as possible, that's the trick to making it a 'lifestyle' and not a diet.
>>
>>37576267
I both count my calories and eat sensibly.

I count at the end of the day to see if my eyeball portions were accurate.
>>
>>37576267
Mostly the latter, but sometimes I gain like a few pounds in a short period of time and then I whip out MFP for like a day or 3 and after that I mostly return to eating sensibly and losing what I had again

No longer smoking weed also makes it so much easier to cut
>>
I've never counted calories

I just do IF and try to stay away from sweets as much as possible
>>
>>37576298
Are you me? I have no clue how to actually teach myself how not to eat like this. I've just resorted to arbitrary rules about food.
>>
>>37576552
I actually cut out carbs altogether, hoping that eating only protein and fat would fix the problem and keep me full, but it didn't really change things. Self-control is the only way to stay thin.
>>
I just eat basically the same things

I know exactly what's in them at this point so I just do some rough math in my head throughout the day and I've been fine.
>>
I never ate like a pig the thing for ne is mostly not drinking my calories
>>
>>37576267
I eat about as much now as I did when I was fat, only differentI'm extremely active.
>>
>>37576298
Literally me. When i eat, i eat massive portions and i'm still hungry afterwards.
>>
>>37576298
Iktf breh. My Fitness Pal is the only thing keeping the abs slightly visible.
>>
>>37576298
>>37576552
>>37576937
>>37576961

hold me brehs
>>
This is why following a healthy diet is suppose to be a lifestyle, not a temporary thing.

This is why you get fat, dumbasses.
>>
This
>>37576618
And this
>>37576323

For a long time I pretty much just ate the same things because I knew what their macros were. Now I can very my diet and check at the end of the day to see if I need to eat a little more or a little less the next day.
>>
to be honest i binge at weekends and eat 1200c in the week seems to keep me on track
>>
>>37576961
lets see your diary
> ill show u mine if you show me yours
url
>>
I just eat sensibly. Im not cut, but im not fat either. Im happy as I am and prefer to have some freedom to enjoy food.
>>
>>37576267
Never stop counting
>>
>>37577209
same here i still weigh everything after 4 months of being the same weight
>>
I dunno, I started counting and then after I dropped like 15kg it just went by itself. Now I can binge eat and never go above 85kg
>>
>>37576267
>Do you still count your calories
Yes. After getting over my fear of getting fat I'm actually bulking now to fill the loose skin.
>>
>>37576267

Still count. Counting lets me not feel guilty about pigging the fuck out occasionally. The deed is logged and I have no excuses for not accounting for it in other areas (cutting for the next week or doing more cardio).
>>
>>37576267
I look at my previous relationship with food as an addiction. There is a reason why people who get over addiction are always seen as "recovering addicts". They will always be recovering and the addiction will always be in them. So yes, I currently count calories, maybe one day I'll learn to restrict myself by being sensible, but I doubt it.
>>
>>37577858
Same
>>
>>37576267
I have to count to eat enough, as I dislike consuming stuff now
I let myself starve for a day or two every month, it's the best fucking feeling
>>
I eat pretty much the same thing every day, so I don't feel the need to keep tracking it. I already know how many calories it adds up to.
>>
>>37576359
this is exactly what i do as well
>>
I stopped counting my calories about a year ago after losing 70lbs+. Nowadays I just do a shitton of cardio alongside of lifting. I don't eat as poorly as I used to, but more days than not I'm eating 3000+ calories as a 170lbs 5'9 dude. I've recomped my body a bit, and have gotten stronger over this year.
>>
>>37578636
>that picture
>>
i arbitrarily eyeball them

i know when i've gone over (family events, ect.) and will sparingly compensate for it over the next few days
>>
>>37576267
>they haven't seen Mean Creek
It's just funny to see Josh curse and act like a little shit while he was still a kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAEDwpKxRw
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 788x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 788x697
If you don't count calories and macros, you will never make it. You'll always just be that skinny fat loser or chubby muscled Manlet. It takes less than 2 minutes to log into myfitnesspal to log my daily meals. Just do it.
>>
>>37578830

WHO THAT
>>
>>37576267

I wasn't ever really fat, highest was 6'2 190, but then I dropped to 170 and I've found it really hard to eat a proper amount. Fucking stomach contraction or something, I just get full.
>>
>>37578821
and by a shitton of cardio, I mean about an hour everyday. I actually like it, and it makes me feel like I haven't completely wasted my day on rest days
>>
lost too much weight

now im lean bulking (250-500 cals surplus)

use myfitnesspal, its really easy when you see the calories/macros visually
>>
>>37578846
Jason Blaha
>>
>>37578862

LIAR
>>
>>37578872
TRUTHER
>>
I lose more when I don't count as I'm more cautious.
>>
>>37578830
What is your opinion on that app? I wanted to try it but heard MFP has something fucked up with calories.
>>
>>37579396

Not that guy but IMO MFP REALLY likes to overcalculate recorded exercise into your projected weight loss.

Outside of that I have no problems/have heard no problems about it.
>>
>>37576637
This. I actually count drinks now for the calories. It's a grim count.
>>
>>37579450
Fuck adding exercise
I just cut on food logged
>>
>>37576267
I'm still fat, but I've lost 146 lbs so far. I've taught myself to eat sensibly and don't count calories as strictly as I used to. I've kind of figured out how many calories are in certain things, so what I do is think on what I ate that day to decide if I can afford it and I choose better options most of the time. It's working fine for me.
>>
>>37579450
Ok mate, thanks for your feedback
>>
File: 27 KB.jpg (27 KB, 467x750) Image search: [Google]
27 KB.jpg
27 KB, 467x750
>>37576267

Something in between. I donĀ“t count my cals anymore, but I have a good feeling how much I eat with every meal.
>>
>>37576585

You need two things to lose weight and stay that way.

>Discipline
>Knowledge

Simple as that.
>>
>>37577147
How do you do that? I log every weekday, except weekends
>>
>>37576267
a fat fuck friend has gotten in his mind that he will lose around 30 kg in a about 3 months. I told him it was dangerous as fuck to do that, can it even be done?
>>
Got to the point where I just eat healthy now, I still think I'm fat when I look in the mirror, though I know I'm not deep down.
>>
>>37579909

Depending on how fat your fat fuck is 30kg will slide right off of him if he eats right. If he's ham planet huge, 3 months might only be closer to 15 or 20kg if he works hard at it.

As any of the former fatties in this thread can tell you, noob gains are extraordinary.
>>
If its fried I dont eat it. I remove all forms of dressing. I don't eat sweets very often and I just hate sodas.

After a while I stopped liking the taste of all these things. I'm still cutting too so that helps with me keeping a track on my calories.
>>
>>37579987
damn son. The most I ever had to do was drop 20 and I did it in a year. I'm maintaining it with climbing and weightlifting. He's around 150 kg. The only real advice i could give him is that he cycles for cardio so he doesn't fuck up his knees
>>
>>37579450
>adding exercise into MFP
Just eat what you think is appropriate. Obviously you aren't gonna burn 1,000 calories by walking for half an hour, but if you feel like you've worked particularly hard that day, reward yourself with an extra 100-200 cals.
>>
>>37580114

>150kg

Yeah that definitely qualifies for "if he stays on his cut 30kg will slide right off of him."

Given that it's summer he could REALLY benefit from the use of a pool--probably the safest form of cardio (and muscle exercises) he can get.

>>37580167

It's less that the calculation is interfering with my ability to cut and more I just liked having an exercise log too. I swapped to using the daily notes as a log, so it's not that big of deal. Just thought it was worth mentioning as that is the only flaw of MFP and might dishearten a beginner.
>>
Was a fat kid, eating disorder in my early-mid teens, learnt to balance it. Now I'm relatively active enough that I don't need to count calories, if I gain too much then I eat less if I lose too much then I eat more. If you're an adult this concept should be easy to understand and put into action, I don't understand how people struggle with it really
>>
>>37576267
i still count. its an ingrained habit at this point.

now i need to force myself to count excess calories to be sure i'm eating enough to gain.
>>
Couple questions about losing fat.

If you're cutting you're not going to gain muscle anyways right? Why not lift 5+ cardio times a week in that case?

Just eat adequate protein only and the fat should melt off while you lose no muscle right?

And on that topic, if I cut and say lose .5 pounds of fat and .5 pounds of muscles or whatever, does muscle lost detract from the FAT LOSS?

Please answer.
>>
Tfw fast metabolism cutting at 3400kcals
>>
>>37580509
how are you alive
>>
>>37580482
you will gain a lot of muscle if you are a hamplanet that never lifted that starts cutting and lifting seriously
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.