[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best protein powder/weight gainer for a skinny guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: way.png (147 KB, 258x346) Image search: [Google]
way.png
147 KB, 258x346
What is the best protein powder/weight gainer for a skinny guy looking to gain weight as fast and efficiently as possible, but cant meet his required calories through just meals.

I'm going to start GOMAD soon (only weight 120 lbs so its perfect for me), and looking for some other type of powder or gainer I can add to my milk. Open to any suggestions.
>>
>>37540995
If your desperate I will tell you something I do to meet calories sometimes. Take protein powder, add canola or olive oil, and sugar. Measure it out to get however much calories/macros you need(mine is 380 calories). Be careful not to use a lot of oil though, it can act as a laxative(especially canola oil). Real food is always best though.
>>
>>37540995
Serious Mass. It tastes good and it works.
>>
>>37541464
Yeah dude I just got done researching it, I'm about to order a 12 lb bag. And its only $45! Pretty cheap, most people report gaining about 10lbs a month which is awesome.
>>
>>37541550
That's not all muscle. Don't gain weight too quickly.
>>
>>37541550
Yea just remember to lift heavy while taking it.

>>37541561
Some of it's muscle and fat. As long as you exercise right, you'll be fine.
>>
I have a question, should I take weight gainer and protein powder at the same time? Would that result in bigger muscle and general weight gains?
>>
>>37541730
A slower rate of weight gain may be more beneficial as far as muscle:fat ratio. You can only synthesize so much muscle tissue in a period of time. Any weight gain past that is pure fat.
>>
>>37541752
Calculate your protein needs based on 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass you have. Consume that much protein.
>>
>>37541783
And how would I go about figuring out how much lean body mass I have?
>>
>>37541768
Oh... I've put on nearly six pounds in a month of bulking (3260 calories). Is that bad? Currently 6'0, 153.
>>
>>37541797
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Are you overweight?

If you estimate yourself at 15% bf, all you have to do is calculate your lean body mass. Your lean mass would be 100-15 = 85%. So if you weight 150lbs, 150x0.85 = 128 lbs of lean mass. That would be your goal grams of protein.
>>
>>37541840
As a beginner you can use your untrained status to your advantage and attempt to maximize muscle gain by eating at a larger surplus because you have the most potential for growth in this stage, but as time goes on you'll need to do "lean" bulks because you'll just end up getting fat. Just try and keep track of how flabby you are getting.
>>
>>37541866
Aiight thanks bro. Appreciate the tip. Also, I'm at 11% body fat. If i hit 15%, that's when I should cut right?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.