[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CARDIO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Rocky-Stairs-Winter.jpg (153 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
Rocky-Stairs-Winter.jpg
153 KB, 500x332
Is it better to jog 5 minutes every day or 10 minutes every other day?

I used to run 20-30 minutes but stopped because it was taking too much time, on top of gym time. But I'm thinking if I do 5 minutes every day it'll be easier to convince myself to do it.
>>
>>37540439
>5 minutes
>cardio
>>
File: minirick.png (15 KB, 74x71) Image search: [Google]
minirick.png
15 KB, 74x71
5 minuter every other day,

you don't want to over exert yourself.
>>
What the fuck is with you guys.

You should do cardio at least 20 minutes to warm up before lifting. Doing 5 minutes of jogging does little to no good.

On your off days you might even want to consider doing a little more.
>>
>>37540462
Rippetoe never taught me to run 20 minutes before doing heavy squats
>>
>>37540439
>people who run/ride a bike with their dog on a leash
seriously stop doing this shit.
your dog cannot keep up with you.
>>
I prefer running a distance instead of a time.
5 Minutes is not nearly enough. I'm pretty sure you can book 20 minutes off your schedule by waking up 20 minutes early
>>
>>37540675
One time when I was out cycling I passed a guy who was jogging with their kid in one of those fancy seated strollers and he also had two retrievers (with no dog leashes) walking in front of it

>tfw you will never be that cool
>>
>>37540675
Speak for your own dog, dogs love running with their owners. Just keep it to an hour or so.
>>
>>37540542
Fagoot too scared to run because he ripped his toe
>>
>>37540739
This

I aim to run 5k every day and 10k on Sundays, doesn't matter how long it takes, just focus on the distance, walk it if you have to
>>
Jogging is more aggravating for your joints than running, a cadence of around 160 is optimal.
>>
>>37540542

Rippletoe also looks like a fat bitch with a big baboon ass.

Sure he can squat a lot, but what's even the point if you just look chubby and can't do any cardio? If you're squatting for the sake of squatting that's cool, but there are better fitness goals.

Cardio not only increases longevity, is good for your heart, and helps you burn fat, but it also boosts your immune system. You should ideally do some light cardio everyday.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.