[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do squat machines really defeat the purpose of squats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12
File: thick_5.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
thick_5.webm
2 MB, 640x640
Do squat machines really defeat the purpose of squats?
>>
>>37537766
>Those girls that post some bullshit "booty workout" on their instagram

If you look at it they're always leaning on the bar. It has to take away some of the benefit from a squat.
>>
File: 34.png (47 KB, 318x317) Image search: [Google]
34.png
47 KB, 318x317
It doesn't work your stabilizer muscles, also what the fuck is that dumb cunt doing? how far in front do you want to place your fucking feet?
>>
Smith machines were actually a Nazi experiment designed to completely sap your gains within extremely short periods of time. Stay away.
>>
>>37537766
Her shit form and fear of heavy weight is taking away from squats. Not 800lbs heavy, just subjectively heavy. Enough to really get a workout. That jumpy bullshit would be a death sentence if she was using any weight. I wouldn't doubt if those were 5lb bumper plates.
>>
Why are attention whores always so fucking retarded?
>>
>>37537835
i picture her falling somehow and watching that weight crush her spine. Dumb bitch.
>>
i kinda like to think of smith machine squats as an isolation exercise. or at least a very reduced compound that pretty much only hits the quads and glutes. no core work involved.

it feels safer, which is debatable.they can put you in a very awkward position and put more strain on your back if you use too much weight, which is kinda what these things lend themselves to.

i started squatting on the smith which allowed me to use a fuckton of weight and gave me incredible quads, but i felt like i was cheating so now i'm working my way up to my smith squat weight on actual squats. might take a while.
>>
>>37537766
>defeat the purpose
Don't know what you mean by that, but they aren't as effective as regular squats and they force unnatural movement that will eventually fuck your shit up. If you're using them, I hope it's a temporary thing while you look for a place with an actual rack or cage.
>>
The only use there is to the smith machines is all the qts pretending to squat there by sticking their ass out, giving me something to look at
>>
>>37537835

I honestly have no idea why she would even think to jump in the first place.... maybe she thinks it looks more dynamic or explosive or something?
>>
>>37537852

why are insecure beta males on 4chan always full of such misplaced vitriol?
>>
File: wagey.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
wagey.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>37537872
toastie roastie detected
>>
I checked her insta and that exercise is "her favorite".
>>
>>37537766
I hate females so much holy shit

They always have to brag about how they did some stupid ass bullshit workout on all social media and to all their friends in person

They always are weak as fuck and don't know shit about fitness aside from the few random "booty workouts" they saw in some magazine

fuck women
>>
>>37537853
I'd still fuck the shit out of her in her wheelchair idgaf.
>>
>>37537766
HA
THE FUCK IS THAT
That's not even using the goddamn machine, it's weighted hopping
>>
>>37537879
at least they know they are nothing more but fuck toys and the only thing they are capable of is making that ass bigger.
>>
>>37537795

Pretty common to place your feet further forward on Smith squats.
>>
>>37537895
Is this normal in retarded of america? i never see people putting the feet that far. Enjoy them baby squats while i do 160kg x5.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-13+at+01.35.00).jpg (37 KB, 509x344) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-13+at+01.35.00).jpg
37 KB, 509x344
>>37537863
There are gyms... without squat racks?
>>
>>37537905

P common bby

Also common to face into the machine on a diagonal Smith machine like a retard.
>>
>>37537914
Is this what privilege looks like?
>>
File: e2.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
e2.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>>37537917
what happens if you slip or your knee fucks up somehow and you land on your ass and have that weight crush down on you?
>>
File: gat.gif (999 KB, 250x181) Image search: [Google]
gat.gif
999 KB, 250x181
>>37537914
yes. when i lived on an island near eastern europe there was only one soviet era gym in the whole main town and it didnt have a squat rack. nor a smith machine .
>>
File: 9a7AdCT.webm (231 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
9a7AdCT.webm
231 KB, 720x404
>>37537931
Thought of that too. Horror
>>
>>37537931

Use the hooks and roll out or get a spotter. I'm not sure why her machine is diagonal but has the hooks facing inward.
>>
File: 1452110839337.jpg (31 KB, 421x528) Image search: [Google]
1452110839337.jpg
31 KB, 421x528
>>37537766
WHY IS SHE TILTING HER HEAD BACK LIKE THAT AS SHE VIOLENTLY LEAPS AND COMES BACK DOWN?????????

IS SHE TRYING TO ACHIEVE SPINA BIFIDA AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?????????????

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 32.png (131 KB, 396x354) Image search: [Google]
32.png
131 KB, 396x354
>>37537958
That's easy on paper, when shit hits the fan you wont be calm or be rolling jack shit. It will all happen in a split second.
>>
>>37537971
>won't be calm

Do you often panic when weight lifting or not have an exit strategy for free weights? What do you do when you bench over failure without a spot?

>>37537951

Holy shit did she died?
>>
>>37537999
How much of a fucking moron are you? when you are lifting heavy and doing something as strenuous as squats if you don't have a spotter you can easily fuck yourself up without prior experience.

Stop being a dumb cunt who cant handle when one is wrong. Squats are completely different then bench. We are also talking about a women and not a man.
>>
File: iskra.jpg (297 KB, 804x639) Image search: [Google]
iskra.jpg
297 KB, 804x639
man if that webm doesn't convince people that iskra isn't natty I don't know what will
>>
>>37537951
ouch
>>
File: image.png (72 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72 KB, 353x439
>>37537878
Jesus fucking Christ the comment section is just a cringey

It's a bunch of normie unmotivated shitty women praising this stupid as fuck workout and how they "need to do it" or how they would "never be able to do that".

These are your average everyday women. They literally don't know shit about anything fitness related and instead post on Instagram about how they should be doing something productive but instead they sit around and eat junk food and complain.

I fucking hate modern society's completely fucking skewed perception of health and fitness, but at the same time I like it because it makes me feel special and above them all
>>
>>37538076
fat transplants from one part of the body to the ass is common, they make bitches bulk then take the fat from the back or stomach and put in in the ass
don't know how long the effect lasts tho
>>
>>37538148
Same shit for martial arts. You get some random 170 lb frat bro that thinks he could just drop some trained boxer because he has intensity, or a guy that thinks BJJ doesn't work and that he'd do ok against a trained grappler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZ3XgGUeYg
>>
>>37538004

No shit so it doesn't matter if you are doing it free weights or on a Smith machine with a spot.

You don't even have a fucking point. All you've done is gone, "What if fucking mouth breathers attempt to do any exercise?"

I don't know why you're asking us: you're the expert.
>>
>>37538175
Oh pardon the shitty music, you don't hear it in the original podcast.
>>
>>37537951

what the fuck happened there
>>
>>37538220
locked her knees.. woman need i say more?
>>
>>37538148
>I fucking hate modern society's completely fucking skewed perception of health and fitness, but at the same time I like it because it makes me feel special and above them all
Exactly what I'm feeling lel
>>
What is this cunt's Instagram?
>>
>>37538431
https://www.instagram.com/iamiskra/
>>
>>37538076
would lay a thick line of man juice deep into her anus
why can't rape be legal
>>
>>37537872
>implying any place is misplaced
>>
>>37538220
She had fucked up her knees in some accident or something and this was post surgery trying to train em up. In the original video you can see her pushing like 30kg something.
>>
>>37538076
>>37538164
>>37538512

why would she do this & then whine about body acceptance? makes it seem that she actually gained it.
>>
>>37537766
What is the purpose of squats?
If it's building your legs then no it doesn't
If it has anything to do with muh strength or muh stabilizers then yes it does
>>
>>37538512
Ahmed, stop.
>>
Tbh the split squat is even worse than the shitty jump smith squat, she's barely using any weight (but still hogging dumbbells she doesn't use, left in the background), with an horrible lumbar lordosis (aka lumbaritus spinitus snapitus totalus) that shows her glutes aren't really functional and are just fat, she's also quarter repping it with a horrible setup (way too far from the bench, she's just putting her toes on the edge).
>>
>>37538076
If she's not natty than what has she done to achieve them gains?
>>
>>37539806

Implants/surgery. The majority of women on instagram who are famed for their asses have had implants.

It's the only explanation for them having progress pictures which show gigantic gains despite them publicising utterly retarded 200-squats a day workouts that would never achieve building huge amounts of mass in one isolated area.
>>
>>37537766
Kek

I saw a guy on a decline leg press the other day pushing the weight into the air, changing his foot position and then the weight slamming back down on his feet. I was laughing too hard to say anything.
>>
>>37538076
Is left the after?
>>
What about 2D Smith machines? I'm doing squats on them since the regular squat racks in my shitty gym don't have proper safeties.
>>
>>37538446
She has a great body, but I don't understand the HAES shit she spews out--she clearly gained weight and did a specific program to get a thicker body like this, and she very well knew that her fat distribution would cause her to look this way if she gained excess weight. It's not like she's "always been a big girl" and is now accepting herself. She literally MADE herself look like this.
>>
>>37537766

You guys can talk shit all you want but her ass is fucking divine, results speak louder than words. I squat like a normal person but obviously it's having an effect.
>>
>>37539690
stop posting you fucking retard. see.>>37539867
>>37539867

its painfully obvious. also.

>you must be 18 years old to post.
>>
>>37537766
Dat booty sweat
>Implying I don't love the pussy
>>
>>37537905
Nice english fag
>>
>>37537766
>that position
>skateboard squats are esentially smith machine replacements
Whoa
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.