[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any novices use Candito's LP? How was it? It's a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: teaserbox_938294218.jpg (42 KB, 640x700) Image search: [Google]
teaserbox_938294218.jpg
42 KB, 640x700
Any novices use Candito's LP? How was it? It's a pretty standard U/L split so I'm sure its fine.

HOWEVER, I don't like the idea of doing heavy deadlifts right after heavy low bar squats. Everything else about the program I like (especially how it contains pause variations of the big three) except the deadlifts right after squats. My lower back is usually blasted right after heavy low bar squats.

Just wondering who here has done it and how was your progress?
>>
>>37535433
please respond
>>
>>37535433
I'm about to head into week two of following his strength/control program. I agree with everything you've said and especially with the dilemma of deadlifting after heavy squat.
>>
1, try harder and don't be a bitch
2, consider simply doing high bar squats as they will train the squat plenty and leave you more gas for deadlifts
3, consider simply doing sumo deadlifts as they will stress your lower back less
4, reconsider option 1
5, consider that this is a powerlifting program in all but name, learning to deadlift maximally after maximal squats is part of that game
>>
>>37536576
>point 5

Fuck, that point actually clicked in my mind. I do have long term goals of getting into powerlifting so I'll suck it up. Guess I'm switching to sumo
>>
>>37536655
Don't switch to sumo because your lazy ass thinks it will be easier to do after squatting. Shit reason.

If your leverages really make it that much better for you to pull sumo, then go ahead. Otherwise you should be working on your conventional.

Like the other guy said, just get used to it, its a powerlifting program. I do his 6 week, and its the same deal.
>>
>>37535433
Ran it for three months as an advanced novice. It works, but once you stop making gains just switch to the 6 week program. Don't be like me and try to squeak out every gain from every routine you do.

Squatting after deadlifting is fine. Don't be a pussy, just rest a lot if you need to. This is standard for upper/lower splits. If your lower back hurts a lot after squatting then you're form is shit.
>>
>>37536969
Er deadlifting after squatting
>>
>>37536969
What were your stats as an advanced novice when you started the LP?
>>
>>37535433
Not on his novice program but his intermediate 6 week program

So far it's pretty good but the volume can get daunting sown times; I find myself staying at the gym for around 3 hours during week 1 and 2. It really breaks you know psychologically.

Can't say I feel like I'm making gains, but the frequency has helped with my confidence in certain lifts, like the bench. I'm right now very close to finally hitting 5 reps of 225lbs after having painful set backs for almost 3 years.
>>
It's a good program, but pretty powerlifting specific.

If you want to compete in PL, go ahead.

However if you're more looking for general strength, a different kind of Upper/Lower split is probably better for you. Something like 5/3/1, where you have a main lift every day and volume/accessories afterwards. (Not necessarily following the 531 progression, especially if you've not yet exhausted linear gains)

I personally have done CL, c6w and 531. And the setup of candito's programs definitely takes a toll on your deadlift. In the first week of 531 I hit for 10 reps what I previously did for 5 or 6.
>>
>>37535433
I do it, it's really good. I just switched the heavy dl with the paused dl.
So on control day I start with heavy dl then paused squats, and I heavy day its heavy squats then paused dl.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.