[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here wear one of these? I want to get one, yet can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Anyone here wear one of these?

I want to get one, yet can't help but notice that it's mostly women who wear these. Will I look like a faggot for wearing one?
>>
Have a charge hr+

Paid £80 about a year ago.

It links to my health insurance and gets me deals based on walking. So I've ''earnt ' the money back already.

It's nice to have the info it provides. The build quality is a pile of shit.

Already had to claim a new one after 6 months.
>>
>>37530548
I have the one from OP's pic, used it in military to crawl through mud and all that stuff, still working perfectly.
>>
>>37530570

Can confirm. I like what it does but the band is absolute garbage, I just had to get mine replaced due to it falling it apart. Invest in one that has a replaceable band.
>>
your phone does the same exact thing. Don't waste $100+ on something you already have
>>
>>37531107
How exactly does your phone measure your heart rate throughout the day?

Post model of phone. Thanks.
>>
>>37531123
my samsung s6 has a heartrate monitor, as do most newer models of phones. Every smartphone has a built in pedometer, and all of them are capable of tracking sleep quality and calories
>>
>>37530548
The only man I've ever seen with one was one of my gym teachers from high school, but dude curled 65 for reps and was a manlet so his biceps were bigger than his head
>>
>>37530548
>THIS shit again
It's a TRACKING DEVICE you moron, you're literally giving away your location and what you're doing 24/7/365 to some faggot corporation who is using it to build a 'profile' of you, which it sells to advertisers (and gives away to the NSA, CIA, FBI, and other law enforcement agencies) so they can track your life and determine if you're likely to commit crimes or not. Do you really want them all up your ass? You don't need a fucking 'fitbit', you just need to MOVE MORE. Forget this faggot shit and just LIFT.
>>
>>37530548
I got one as a gift and wearing it now. It keeps me motivated to not be a fat fuck and make my parents proud by dropping fifty pounds and lifting a hundred more.
>>
>>37531603
Implying that they don't already do that with your phone?
Who gives a shit if they want to spy on you. I say let them. If they really want to see the pictures I send to chicks, I'm fine with them knowing that I'm a fucking legend.

So why is having a fitbit any different?

>>37530548
I have the HR, my only complaint is that the Heart Rate can be shotty when doing Cardio sometimes, especially HIIT. I've felt like my heart is going to burst out of my chest only to look down and it tells me my HR is only 110.
>>
>>37531603
Hmmmm got a cell phone with internet? Moron.
>>
File: 1464495437672.jpg (52 KB, 396x478) Image search: [Google]
1464495437672.jpg
52 KB, 396x478
I have the fit bit surge, heart rate is a good as my grandmas heart rate machine which I've tested. Very happy.

Had it for a year now i think. Also has built in gps.
>>
>>37530548
From what I've heard, heart rate monitoring technology via the wrist, as used in these, is at an early stage and largely wildly inaccurate. The trends may be correct but the actual figures incorrect.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.